by Jackie Hershwitz
Throughout the year, families look towards Thanksgiving as a time to join together and enjoy fun, fellowship, and good food. Now is the time to drag out those favorite recipes and perhaps add some twists! You'll build new delectable traditions for your holiday table to be enjoyed for generations!
• Roasted Butternut and Pear Salad: Let this starter dish introduce the meal. It's light, but substantial enough to hold off all those growling bellies while you add finishing touches to the feast. For the less adventuresome, offer a vegetable platter and crackers and cheese.
• Perfect Baked Turkey: No Thanksgiving meal would be complete without a succulent centerpiece! This cook's pride and joy is also well-known for satisfying those nibbling hoards that sneak in the 'frig later!
• Aunt Helen's Corn Bread Stuffing: Inside or outside of the bird may be up for debate, but this side is a must have for the traditional Thanksgiving meal! Try our recipe to add even more "yum" to this holiday fave!
• Garlic Mashed Potatoes: Mashed potatoes...they’re as much a part of Thanksgiving dinner as pumpkin pie. Make them ahead of time and reheat. Your sanity will thank you.
• Turkey Gravy: Ah...the gravy! Don't let "simple" fool you! This addition's so delicious that you swear some of your guests' plates are swimming! We can't blame them though as it is perfect poured over turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and rolls! Make extra as it also reheats nicely for those leftovers!
• Green Bean Casserole: Tradition may call for this staple on your Thanksgiving table. Why not go for a fresher, lighter, and more scrumptious version? You're bound to hear raves and may be able to bring this recipe out more often.
• Grandma's Dinner Rolls: The Thanksgiving meal ignites the senses! It wouldn't be complete without the wonderful aroma of fresh bread! Try this do-ahead recipe that's truly mouth-watering!
• Cranberry Sauce: It's simple, colorful and healthy. Trust us, once you've sampled homemade, you'll never go back to the can.
• Pumpkin Pie: When I think pie, I think cream. Whipped that is. If there's pumpkin pie and whipped cream, then I know I'm a happy person and my guests will be, too.
Do you have a favorite dish that you can't imagine Thanksgiving without? Share your recipe in our comments!
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.