As the Belly Grows:
• Photo idea: Start where you are now in your pregnancy. Stand sideways and take your picture in the same shirt week after week. You can even make a "growing bump" video or slideshow with the finish as baby in your arms.
• Journal idea: Share the "comment of the week" that's had the most impact on you. If no one is commenting, add your own thoughts about what's going on with you.
All those ultrasounds: Are you having to have a lot of ultrasounds? Take advantage of this by showing off both the bump and the baby!
• Photo idea: Scan your ultrasounds or take a picture of your belly with your ultrasound.
• Journal idea: After everyone's seen the latest pictures, ask the grandparents to write "letters" to their future grandbabies.
How many inches? Snap a weekly picture of your tape measure around your belly or measure with string or yarn. Pin each yarn pieces to the wall and watch them get longer.
• Photo idea: Hold the string up and compare to your husband's or partner's height. Get a picture for the scrapbook.
• Journal idea: Wrap the yarn peices into animal shapes and add to your scrapbook. Make a clever design out of the yarn as part of a scrapbook page.
There are so many different ways to be creative. We hope that we've inspired you to try some of these out.
You can always opt-out of doing any of these activities or ideas, but you'll probably want to try at least one.
If the suggestions above don't do much for you, try these other creative methods:
• Create a "belly growth chart.
• Have a professional take your pregnancy pictures.
• Purchase a "belly cast" kit and have a permanent memento of the pregnancy.
• For the more tech-savvy, there is always digital scrapbooking.
Have fun tracking and sharing your pregnancy milestones! Share what you've done!
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.