by Melissa Jaramillo and Julie Snyder
Perfect for January's "Soup Month" or anytime at all - this soup meets the "mom test" of simple to make, nutritious, and good to eat!
• 1 cup Alphabet pasta
-(you can substitute other shapes including curly pasta)
• 1 10 to 12 oz. bag of frozen mixed vegetables
• 3 14.5 oz. cans of beef broth
• Seasonings: Oregano, basil, rosemary, (½ tablespoon of each) or Italian Seasoning blend
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
1) Heat broth and seasonings to a boil.
2) Add in frozen vegetables and bring to a boil again.
3) Cover and turn heat down to medium for 10 minutes.
4) Next add in pasta, cover and cook on medium to medium high for 5 - 10 more minutes (until tender).
5) Serve immediately with crackers or bread. Challenge your kids to see if they can find and EAT all of their ABC's!
Julie Snyder is a mom of six, interested in kids, pregnancy, birth, people and lives in the outlying Seattle area. Melissa Jaramillo is mom to many. She's passionate about building, encouraging, and strengthening families on this adventure known as parenthood!
Copyright © Melissa Jaramillo and Julie Snyder. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.