by Carol Jordan
Although most of us think of an apple as something to eat, there are several fun and beautiful craft project that use this versatile fruit.
Apple Stamp Art
Cut the apple in half horizontally so that you can see the star in the center. Use the halves as stamps to use with paint. Decorate newsprint for wrapping paper or make an interesting picture!
Dried Apple Crafts
For each of the following projects you will need the following ingredients / materials:
Begin by drying your apples according to the following procedure:
- Fold apple slices into quarters and thread onto the heavy gauge wire packing the folded slices closely until the wire is full.
- Use pliers to bend the ends of the wire into hooks. Hook ends together and close tightly with pliers.
- Shape wire into desired shape - circle, heart, oval...
- Use the ribbon to create a hanger for your wreath.
- Cut a 3 foot length of jute and tie a knot in one end.
- Begin stringing apple slices onto it by pushing one end of the jute through the center of each apple slice and sliding it all the way to the opposite end.
- Tie a fabric strip or ribbon onto the jute after adding several apple slices - repeat this process until you have filled the length of jute.
- Tie the "open" end off and hang on the wall for a scented decoration.
Carol Jordan is the mother of 2 children. She has been a preschool teacher for 9 years and is working toward a CDA (Child Development Associate) an Early Childhood Education professional credential.
Copyright © Melissa Jaramillo and Julie Snyder. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.