by Melissa Jaramillo and Julie Snyder
Who doesn't love this tasty camping treat?" But we're not outdoors," you may protest. No problem! There are many different ways you can make these without a campfire. This particular version is the quickest of all! Even the youngest can join in, spreading their own chocolate and slapping the layers together.
• One Box of Graham Crackers (choose your favorite flavor)
• Bag of miniature marshmallows
• Bag of chocolate chips
1) In small bowl melt one cup of chocolate chips in the microwave until melted -- stir thoroughly.
2) Place graham crackers on plate, arranging miniature marshmallows to cover. Do not break crackers apart.
3) Place in microwave for 10 - 30 seconds on high (watch for marshmallows to expand), then remove.
4) Using a butter knife (or Popsicle stick for younger children) spread melted chocolate on other graham crackers as thick as you wish and press the two sides together to create your s'more!
5) Now you can break into serving sizes for small hands. Yummy!
Julie Snyder is a mom of six, interested in kids, pregnancy, birth, people and lives in the outlying Seattle area. Melissa Jaramillo is mom to many. She's passionate about building, encouraging, and strengthening families on this adventure known as parenthood!
Copyright © Melissa Jaramillo and Julie Snyder. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.