Although childbirth is a "natural" event, it does not happen naturally in the United States. To achieve the best possible outcome you must prepare yourself during pregnancy.
There are many organizations that train women to educate and support women who wish to have a natural birth. There are also organizations that promote natural birth, some will give you a list of members in your area. Don't forget to consider the resources that may be available in your town. Check your yellow pages for heading such as doula, midwife, lactation consultant or childbirth education.
• Doulas of North America (DONA)
• Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association(CAPPA)
• International Childbirth Education Association (ICEA)
• Association of Labor Assistance and Childbirth Educators (ALACE)
• American Academy of Husband Coached Childbirth (Bradley Method)
• International Cesarean Awareness Network(ICAN)
• The Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS)
• Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA)
• American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM)
• The InterNational Association of Parents & Professionals for Safe Alternatives in Childbirth (NAPSAC)