by Anai Rhoads
The following is a list of information your doctor will need/ask from you after you have had more than three miscarriages (Habitual Abortions).
- Lifestyle. Any factors such as high or unusual stress, smoking, poor nutrition, drug abuse.
- Discuss symptoms, such as bleeding, unusual vaginal bleeding or high fever before your miscarriage occurred.
- Possibility of chromosomal abnormalities in your family history.
- Your gynecological history:
- Previous miscarriages
- Premature labor
- Previous elective abortions
- Previous D & C and why they were performed
- History of infertility problems
- History of infection
- Possibility of fibroids
- Any abnormal finding in the uterus in previous exams
- Maternal Medical History
- Medical conditions that may have affected your pregnancy
- A physical exam that includes checking for an incompetent cervix or uterine abnormalities.
Anai Rhoads is a medical and political researcher/writer with a particular interest in the sanctions on Iraq and the wider effect of racism's influence in the Middle East. A vegan since 2000, she is a dedicated supporter of activities which promote animal and human rights. Originally from Greece, she now resides in Virginia, USA with her husband and their two dogs, Bijou and Eva.
All content copyrighted © Anai Rhoads. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.