by the Wiser Pregnancy team
• How can anorexia affect pregnancy?
• Are women who were anorexic in the past but who have recovered also at higher risk for pregnancy complications?
• What are some of the signs or symptoms of anorexia?
• If I am anorexic or have been anorexic in the past, what advice can you offer me to ensure that I have a healthy pregnancy?
• Can you recommend a support group, counselor, class and/or nutritionist for women who are pregnant or who want to get pregnant who have had an eating disorder?
• Do anorexic women who recover before pregnancy often relapse during or after pregnancy? What can I do to prevent relapse?
These questions are based on research published by publicly available and private medical information sources on the topic.
Copyright © Wiser Pregnancy. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.