by Caitlyn Stace
Looking for a chance to spice up your pasta? Head on down the bayou -- or, in this case, pull out those pots and pans and let's go "Cajun" in the kitchen!
You're family will be delighted with this tongue tingling, healthy and tasty dish...f'sure!
Makes: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
• 4 ounces linguine pasta
• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
• 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
• 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
• 1 green bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
• 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 3 green onion, minced
• 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk (for a creamier pasta, substitute heavy cream and omit flour)
• 1 tablespoons flour
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the linguine pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter or oil until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat. Blend flour into milk. Add to chicken Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Do you like this recipe? Did you change it to make it even more yummy? Tell us in the comments!
Copyright © Pregnancy.org.