by Mark Moore, MD
Small changes can make a big difference in how you feel and how your baby does during pregnancy. Here's 10 tips for a healthy pregnancy.
1. Decrease caffeine and sugar.
2. Minimize smokes; no drugs.
3. Slather cocoa butter all over daily (from neck to thighs).
4. Limit weight gain (15-20 lbs under guidance of OB/Gyn)
5. Drink water frequently, drink milk often; avoid sugar drinks and carbonated beverages.
6. Do pregnancy-approved exercise and stretching 3 to 5 times a week.
7. Take daily cat-naps whenever you can.
8. Eat small meals and eat slowly; eat healthy.
9. Take showers not baths.
10. Snack on grain cereal or peanut butter and crackers if hunger awakens you early in the a.m.
Evening shoulder rub, back massage and sex. this releases endorphins to reduce pain, elevate the mood plus reduce circulating stress hormones.
Enjoy the holiday season!
Mark Moore, MD is an experienced Anesthesiologist, sub-specializating in women's and children's anesthesia. He holds board certifications in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Moore and his wife, Lisa, a pediatric nurse, are the authors of Baby Girl or Baby Boy. They live in Tallahassee, Florida.
Copyright © Washington Publishers, Inc. Permission to republish granted to Pregnancy.org, LLC.