by Melissa Jaramillo
Are you and your sweetie both foodies?
Then try our "pull-out-all-the-stops" Valentine's Day menu -- chocolate, roses, and candlelight.
If "busy parents" describes you better, a romantic meal might mean a cute meal for the whole family and then together time after the kids' bedtime.
Choose which menu to create (dinner for two or one for the whole family) and "feel the love" on Valentine's Day!
Romantic Valentine's dinner for two
Enjoy the experience as you create and taste feast on our dinner for two.
Your menu: Lamb for lovers
Add the favorite beverage of your choice. If pregnant, we suggest a lovely sparkling water with lemon wedge!
Create it together
• Marinate the lamb Since you can start this the night before, perhaps your celebration should also start early.
• Set the mood. Arrange rose petals, a dish of chocolate and candles on top of a lacy cloth.
• Create chocolate crepes.
• Reheat the potatoes. Pop the potatoes you prepared ahead in the oven. While they warm, work together on the table.
• Cook. Grilled or pan seared, enjoy the experience, the combination of herbs and maybe an occasional sip of wine. Sauté or steam the green bean until just tender
Heart-Shaped pizzas and other fun treats
Use our Valentine's dinner as an opportunity to bring your family closer together.
Your menu: Hearty pizza table
Involve the whole family
What's your favorite topping? Share that with your family. Then each of you create the perfect pizza for the person next to you.
• Set the atmosphere. Set out hearts, ribbons and sprinkles. Decorate the table top. Once designed, cover with a clear plastic cover.
• Make the crust. You can also cut a heart shape from pre-made crusts or specialty breads.
• Marinara time! Make our hearty marinara sauce ahead of time or open a jar of your favorite. Set aside 1/2 cup for dip
• Slice and dice. While you cut up vegetables for the pizza, zucchini strips and salad, have a helper rip up lettuce for your salad.
• Dip and bread. Prepare the zucchini strips. A young child might be happy to stir the breading for you.
• Build those pizzas. You or your sweetie add the sauce and cheese. Then gather around the toppings and create your love's perfect pizza.
• Share special moments. While dinner bakes, share with one another those special moments that made each of you feel loved and appreciated.
On Valentine's Day, would you rather go out for a meal, create something stunning at home, or make it a family affair? Please let us know in comments.
Photo courtesy of iStockphoto.