General Chat thread - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 159
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: General Chat thread

  1. #31
    Community Host Minx_Kristi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Isle of Man, UK - Anything Topic board Mod
    Posts
    3,725

    Default

    Hi Alyssa!

    I tried to start a thread like this a few weeks back but no-one took me up on it, boooo! haha.

    I haven't had chance to read through all the replies, sorry.

    Things are stressful here. I'm currently working 0730-1500 so I can pick DD up from school at 1530, so I am tired! Also trying to organise a holiday which is also turning out to be a nightmare. DBF is on board one minute and then not the next..... driving me mad. I'm trying to get myself a new job but no-one wants me, waaaaah. I leave my current role in Dec which will be here in no time. Panic stations here I come!

    xx
    Me - Kristi, 29
    DD - Leia, July 5 2008

    I luurrrrrve to lurk!

  2. #32
    Online Community Director MissyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Rocky Mountain Wanna-be
    Posts
    12,946

    Default

    Sorry Bonita! I was not able to grab some "me" time to participate! Happy belated birthday for your 3 yr old! We did the zoo (have a family pass), for another birthday girl a few weeks back. It was a lot of fun but forget a nap! I think we were all exhausted for the night! HA! Our most *interesting* moment came from a cougar! They have a natural area but are behind a tall fence and glass barrier. My 3 yr old wasn't paying attention and was with her 12 yr old sister dancing in front of her a little further down the sidewalk than where I was standing. I watched one of the cougars crouch down and begin creeping down the hill at an angle towards the 3 yr old. As she ran back to me, the cougar changed directions and followed. One of my teens was also watching. He came and physically picked her up and walked her away. AGAIN that cougar crouched and followed! For the barrier, it certainly seemed that he was eyeing her for dinner! (and "mama bear" was eyeing him back to be clobbered! LOL)

    Outside of here -- we have been busy with kids' / family activities (school, sports, work, church, volunteering) and caring for family members. Dh just got home from an extended visit to his mom and other family out west. I wish we could have all gone but it wasn't possible this year due to a # of other obligations.

    Kristi - sorry your DBF is going back and forth on the holiday. That is frustrating -- and generally costly as then you have to make arrangements at the last minute. I hope that you are able to get away -- even if it is just you and Leia. As for the job hunt, I KNOW that is stressful! What type of work do you do? Not that any of us would try to lure you here to the U.S. :whistle:

    Meg, I did not know your story with your dh and kiddos. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad that you are joining in here! Are they transitioning 'back to school' time well? It seems that things are extra hectic during the start of the new year as everyone gets back into a routine!

  3. #33
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Bonita...We get meat fairly fresh here. My dad is a pig farmer so we get the benefits of that every now and then.

    Kristi...good luck with the job hunt. It's always stressful starting a new job.

    Missy...your zoo story sounds so scary.

    My girls are transitioning back to school. They've been going for 4 weeks now. Next week is homecoming so our oldest will be in the marching band in the parade. The younger two started dance classes last week. Got them there late though because I had the time wrong...oops. Piano starts on Monday and I'll start violin lessons then. Somehow I managed to get rid of all my kids for the night without trying. They are all spending the night at their best friend's houses. It just so happened all on the same night. Tomorrow we have a wedding so that should be fun.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  4. #34
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minx_Kristi View Post
    Hi Alyssa!

    I tried to start a thread like this a few weeks back but no-one took me up on it, boooo! haha.

    I haven't had chance to read through all the replies, sorry.

    Things are stressful here. I'm currently working 0730-1500 so I can pick DD up from school at 1530, so I am tired! Also trying to organise a holiday which is also turning out to be a nightmare. DBF is on board one minute and then not the next..... driving me mad. I'm trying to get myself a new job but no-one wants me, waaaaah. I leave my current role in Dec which will be here in no time. Panic stations here I come!

    xx
    How did it ever work out with your DD's daycare? (I think I have the right person with the right story) With no one to talk to all day but my LO's, I really wanted a chat thread somewhere, but all of my boards are very slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissyJ View Post
    Sorry Bonita! I was not able to grab some "me" time to participate! Happy belated birthday for your 3 yr old! We did the zoo (have a family pass), for another birthday girl a few weeks back. It was a lot of fun but forget a nap! I think we were all exhausted for the night! HA! Our most *interesting* moment came from a cougar! They have a natural area but are behind a tall fence and glass barrier. My 3 yr old wasn't paying attention and was with her 12 yr old sister dancing in front of her a little further down the sidewalk than where I was standing. I watched one of the cougars crouch down and begin creeping down the hill at an angle towards the 3 yr old. As she ran back to me, the cougar changed directions and followed. One of my teens was also watching. He came and physically picked her up and walked her away. AGAIN that cougar crouched and followed! For the barrier, it certainly seemed that he was eyeing her for dinner! (and "mama bear" was eyeing him back to be clobbered! LOL)

    Outside of here -- we have been busy with kids' / family activities (school, sports, work, church, volunteering) and caring for family members. Dh just got home from an extended visit to his mom and other family out west. I wish we could have all gone but it wasn't possible this year due to a # of other obligations.

    Kristi - sorry your DBF is going back and forth on the holiday. That is frustrating -- and generally costly as then you have to make arrangements at the last minute. I hope that you are able to get away -- even if it is just you and Leia. As for the job hunt, I KNOW that is stressful! What type of work do you do? Not that any of us would try to lure you here to the U.S. :whistle:

    Meg, I did not know your story with your dh and kiddos. Thanks for sharing! I'm glad that you are joining in here! Are they transitioning 'back to school' time well? It seems that things are extra hectic during the start of the new year as everyone gets back into a routine!
    Sounds like an interesting zoo time!
    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    Bonita...We get meat fairly fresh here. My dad is a pig farmer so we get the benefits of that every now and then.

    Kristi...good luck with the job hunt. It's always stressful starting a new job.

    Missy...your zoo story sounds so scary.

    My girls are transitioning back to school. They've been going for 4 weeks now. Next week is homecoming so our oldest will be in the marching band in the parade. The younger two started dance classes last week. Got them there late though because I had the time wrong...oops. Piano starts on Monday and I'll start violin lessons then. Somehow I managed to get rid of all my kids for the night without trying. They are all spending the night at their best friend's houses. It just so happened all on the same night. Tomorrow we have a wedding so that should be fun.
    Have fun at the wedding. I was in Marching band in HS. It was fun.

    ~Bonita~

  5. #35
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    Thanks for starting this chat. I started one on the IVF board also that goes in spurts. This one is nice because I can talk more about my children and family here. A lot of times I sit at home and have no one to talk to since all my kids are in school all day.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  6. #36
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    I just found out that DH gets off work at 8pm tonight instead of 8am tomorrow. Looked at his schedule wrong. That was a nice surprise. I think we'll go out for dinner when he gets off since all the girls are gone. Too bad Finding Nemo's at the theatre, otherwise we could go to the movie.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  7. #37
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jeddah
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Your zoo trips sound fun! Happy belated bdays! I love this weather for a change. It's cloudy and cooler, high of 70s in Dallas where we've been hitting triple digits non stop all summer. Thanks Missy for the info.

    I think I'll try to find something for the kids this weekend, but it's supposed to rain. So far only sprinkles with all of this cloudiness but it's our luck we'll be at the zoo and the bottom will fall out.There is an open safari zoo a few hours from here that I'd love to take the kids to. I went to one somewhere else once and a lion attacked a car in front of us and was standing right next to our car growling. We loved it and felt slightly scared at the same time. They were definitely having some attitude problems =)

    Happy weekend!
    Aisha

  8. #38
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    Thanks for starting this chat. I started one on the IVF board also that goes in spurts. This one is nice because I can talk more about my children and family here. A lot of times I sit at home and have no one to talk to since all my kids are in school all day.
    I completely understand. DH is gone at work all day. I am home with my girls, but adult conversation is nice too. I read recently that woman have 10,000 words to use a day and men have 5,000. DH uses all his words at work and when he gets home I still have all my 10,000 left.
    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    I just found out that DH gets off work at 8pm tonight instead of 8am tomorrow. Looked at his schedule wrong. That was a nice surprise. I think we'll go out for dinner when he gets off since all the girls are gone. Too bad Finding Nemo's at the theatre, otherwise we could go to the movie.
    Have fun with your DH.
    Quote Originally Posted by myyams View Post
    Your zoo trips sound fun! Happy belated bdays! I love this weather for a change. It's cloudy and cooler, high of 70s in Dallas where we've been hitting triple digits non stop all summer. Thanks Missy for the info.

    I think I'll try to find something for the kids this weekend, but it's supposed to rain. So far only sprinkles with all of this cloudiness but it's our luck we'll be at the zoo and the bottom will fall out.There is an open safari zoo a few hours from here that I'd love to take the kids to. I went to one somewhere else once and a lion attacked a car in front of us and was standing right next to our car growling. We loved it and felt slightly scared at the same time. They were definitely having some attitude problems =)

    Happy weekend!
    Yikes, I might have peed my pants if that happened to me.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #39
    Online Community Director MissyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Rocky Mountain Wanna-be
    Posts
    12,946

    Default

    Meg -- *all* the kids gone for the night AND dh is home early?? Sounds like you will have an opportunity for a wonderful evening together! (PLUS the wedding tomorrow!) I hope you have a fantabulous weekend!

    Bonita -- that is a really interesting theory (about the word count of men vs. women / day!) It sounds about right though! LOL

    Your sharing reminded me of how dh and I got in a habit of him calling me on his breaks. Super short conversations but those quick phone calls help us feel connected during the day... (and prevent him from being bombarded with my 10000 words as soon as he walked through the door. ROFL!!)

    I know that most of us are busy with juggling a number of responsibilities (parenting, work, home, and 1,000,001 other things on an endless "to do list".) At times, it can get tricky to carve out time for your relationship. Dh and I do ok but will both admit it absolutely takes WORK! How do you all try to meet that challenge?

  10. #40
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,927

    Default

    I really believe that about the amount of words for men vs. women. I always have so much to say. When DH is gone I make lists in my head, or if it's too much write it down, of things I want to tell him next time I see him. He is home off and on during the day since he's on-call for the ER so he comes and goes as he has pts in the ER. Even when the kids are home it's nice to have some adult interaction.

    DH and I do pretty well with our relationship. It's pretty easy for us to go out and do something alone since our girls are old enough to stay home by themselves. Since I'm home all day and he helps me out a ton around the house and with everything else that helps. I am always still exhausted by night though (if you know what I mean). That's our biggest issue right now and we're trying to work on it.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions