General Chat thread - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 159
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: General Chat thread

  1. #41
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,571

    Default

    One thing that I do is I write DH letters or e-mails with all of the things I want to say. That way if it is a long time before we can talk, I will not forget everything I wanted to say. DH and I are able to text on his breaks, so that is nice. I do think that we have a great relationship, but you are right, it does take a lot of work.

    ~Bonita~

  2. #42
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    When I told DH about the 5000 vs. 10000 words he said "that doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised women don't speak more than that." I can also text DH anytime I want so that helps.

    The wedding we went to yesterday was nice...the reception another story. The reception was nice but once the dance started it was loud and there was way too much drunkeness. I must be getting old because I really can't tolerate that behavior. My girls got beer spilled down them on the dance floor. Glasses of beer were being dropped and broken. We left early along with the rest of my family there.

    DH picked up a 24 hour shift for today out of town last minute so he left at 6am to get there. I have the girls still sleeping because they are tired from sleeping over with their friends on Friday and having a late night last night. Plus, I like to have some alone time in the morning to catch up on computer, read paper, drink my coffee, etc. Hopefully sometime today I work up the motivation to go out for a run.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  3. #43
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Today has been the looongest day ever since DH has been gone all day. He'll get home tomorrow morning at 8am and start a shift in town at that time. He's been so busy today I haven't even gotten to talk to him. Thankfully my parents called and invited the girls and I to go out to brunch with them, my sister and her boyfriend and my grandpa. That broke up the long day. I've just been sitting around, watching TV and trying to finish my book. I've done some laundry also. I look around my house and it's picked up so I don't even have that to do. That's what I get for staying on top of my house. I know I shouldn't complain at all about being bored, but it just makes for a long day when DH is gone. I just got back from a run. I kept making excuses for myself and putting it off all day until I ate too much for dinner so decided to go. I'm doing much better with running. I'm training for the Color Run on Oct. 6. This will be my 4th 5K. I just ran my first whole 5K last Sunday so that really motivates me to do better. I ran 1.8 miles today which is 1/2 mile further than what I ran the last two times all at once. Hopefully with each run I'll better my time and increase my distance. I was doing the couch to 5K program but gave up on that and decided to just go out and run.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  4. #44
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    When I told DH about the 5000 vs. 10000 words he said "that doesn't surprise me. I'm surprised women don't speak more than that." I can also text DH anytime I want so that helps.

    The wedding we went to yesterday was nice...the reception another story. The reception was nice but once the dance started it was loud and there was way too much drunkeness. I must be getting old because I really can't tolerate that behavior. My girls got beer spilled down them on the dance floor. Glasses of beer were being dropped and broken. We left early along with the rest of my family there.

    DH picked up a 24 hour shift for today out of town last minute so he left at 6am to get there. I have the girls still sleeping because they are tired from sleeping over with their friends on Friday and having a late night last night. Plus, I like to have some alone time in the morning to catch up on computer, read paper, drink my coffee, etc. Hopefully sometime today I work up the motivation to go out for a run.
    I hate weddings like that.

    I understand about being bored without DH. Even if there is lots of housework to be done, you can only do it so long before you really want something else to do or someone to talk to.

    AFM - DH and I just started teaching the singles SS class at church. We had them all over for dinner tonight. I group of 30. My house just might not ever recover. We are having them over again next month, but outside next time. I think we will buy a fire pit and do marshmallows and hotdogs.

    ~Bonita~

  5. #45
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jeddah
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    Today has been the looongest day ever since DH has been gone all day. He'll get home tomorrow morning at 8am and start a shift in town at that time. He's been so busy today I haven't even gotten to talk to him. Thankfully my parents called and invited the girls and I to go out to brunch with them, my sister and her boyfriend and my grandpa. That broke up the long day. I've just been sitting around, watching TV and trying to finish my book. I've done some laundry also. I look around my house and it's picked up so I don't even have that to do. That's what I get for staying on top of my house. I know I shouldn't complain at all about being bored, but it just makes for a long day when DH is gone. I just got back from a run. I kept making excuses for myself and putting it off all day until I ate too much for dinner so decided to go. I'm doing much better with running. I'm training for the Color Run on Oct. 6. This will be my 4th 5K. I just ran my first whole 5K last Sunday so that really motivates me to do better. I ran 1.8 miles today which is 1/2 mile further than what I ran the last two times all at once. Hopefully with each run I'll better my time and increase my distance. I was doing the couch to 5K program but gave up on that and decided to just go out and run.
    Ahhh thank you for the exercise reminder! I was hoping to start the couch to 5k program but then I got pregnant and I never feel like exercising or doing anything else! I am feeling better these days so I think I'm going to start now with small slow walks. I've gotten SO out of shape these past few years. New beginnings.
    Aisha

  6. #46
    Online Community Director MissyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Rocky Mountain Wanna-be
    Posts
    13,088

    Default

    Meg -- yuck on the reception! Why on earth do so many people take someone's special day and because there is alcohol offered seem to think that is a license to turn stupid? That doesn't mean that they can't have fun or even a FEW drinks... but the over the top idea of drinking until that point is crazy.

    I'm glad that your day got some relief from being home all day. I hope that you were able to enjoy your time with your family!

    As for the 5k training -- that's terrific! Kudos for you! My dh and one teen just participated in their first 5k last month and are doing the same as you it sounds as they prepare for another (to best their own time.) I want to try and carve out some time to get in more personal fitness time. I just do not see where it is to come from at the moment!

    I do understand your "challenge" of being tired by the end of the day. I believe many of us have that same dilemma. Dh has to get up super early so he goes to bed sooner than I do most nights. I often use late night (after kids settle) to play catch up on my never-ending to do list. I DO try to wake up early as we used that time to pray together before the start of the day but often as I get to bed late, then up during the night with littles, and early starts to most days -- he tries to let me sleep when I can. We have tried to be a bit more creative with our time together. Typically, that means more planning to find time when we aren't both so exhausted that sleep is the priority if you kwim? While not an option for us, I wonder if your dh's schedule allows him to be home any late mornings? With the girls now back in school maybe that would open up some time alone when you both have more energy?

    Bonita -- that is truly awesome that you and your dh are doing that class! Years back when dh and I led a group we found that it was a means of enrichment for our own faith AND good for our relationship as well. (Granted, we found that we do when teaching children as well but it was at a different level.) It sounds like your plan for outdoor fun is a great plan for next time though!

    This afternoon I took most of the kids to the library. I have such a passion for books and the treasure of words. I truly hope that is one gift that I pass along to my children. For the most part, I believe that they do. I really wonder though, as our world becomes ever more digitized if you see in their future a time when tangible paper books will fade away? My hope is that it won't be in my lifetime. I'm a hold out! LOL

    Bonita, did you get an answer to your Kindle Fire question? We don't have one in our family -- yet. We have a teen that is working to save for one. What do you like/dislike about it? (Anyone else with one, feel free to weigh in!)

    I am definitely bouncing topics. The week ahead is packed for us! I'll still be peeking in when I can!

  7. #47
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Missy...I've found I enjoy reading so much more as an adult. In HS I struggled to comprehend books but when I can read what I want and what I enjoy, it makes it much more enjoyable. Our oldest two love to read. I have to force them outside in the summer to play because they read so much. Sometimes when I do that I see them sitting on the swingset reading. Our youngest isn't a reader at all and I just have to remind myself they are all different kids. I thought maybe she struggled with it but her tests as school show she is advanced in reading for her age. We don't have any type of e-reader either. I still like to go to the library and look through books and have that book in hand when I read it.

    Bonita...that's great that you are teaching the SS class and that you had them all over for dinner. I love hosting dinners but it's so much work. 30 ppl is a lot! The firepit idea sounds great for the next time you have so many ppl over.

    Now that I've actually ran a whole 5K it has motivated me to work harder at it. I know now that I can actually do it...I think I needed that.

    Missy...DH is home off and on during the days and we have used that time as well. Although at times we have to worry about his pager going off in the middle.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  8. #48
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,571

    Default

    Thank you. The SS class will be a challenge, but a nice change. Before this I taught 4 and 5 yo's.

    I forget what I asked about the Kindle Fire? I do not use the app for pg.org, but rather just the browser. I think most people say it works better. I do love the Kindle though. Not so much for reading, but for all of the games and for being able to take the Internet with me places. It works wonderfully for keeping the girls busy at the doctor or piano lessons or other places.

    ~Bonita~

  9. #49
    Community Host meggyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,930

    Default

    Bonita....I'm sure this group is quite different than 4 and 5 yo's. There is no way I could teach any age anything.

    We have an iPad that we use mostly for games and internet. We really don't use it much. I use my iPhone a lot for games. I have a slight addiction when I'm bored.

    Meg-30 DH-42

    2 IUI's-BFN
    IVF #1-cancelled d/t embryos arresting before transfer (3/09)
    IVF #2-BFP 9wks-7/30/09 (6/09)
    IVF #3-BFN (5/10)

  10. #50
    Community Host
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meggyrn View Post
    Bonita....I'm sure this group is quite different than 4 and 5 yo's. There is no way I could teach any age anything.
    It is different, but they both have been fun.

    ~Bonita~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions