So there's someone on the local craigslist that is selling a crib. I can't decide if I want to go look at it tomorrow and possibly buy it. What should I do? DD is 14 months old. She will be 18 months when DS is born in April.
DD climbed out of her crib once already, but we were able to lower it another 2.5 inches and she hasn't done it again. We tried transitioning her to the toddler bed (and DH even built a nice toddler bed frame and headboard), but she isn't ready for it right now. I'd like to transition her soon and then start potty training after so that she's potty trained by age 2. But I just don't know if she'll be ready.
She's teething right now (after not getting a single tooth for the last 2 months) and is throwing a fit before every nap and before bedtime. Tonight I put her in the crib and she threw a tantrum, once I walked out of her room she settled down and fell asleep within 2 minutes. If she'd been in a toddler bed, she would have followed be right out of the room and would even now be whining and crying next to me on the couch.
I don't want to get a second crib and then her be ready for a toddler bed soon, but I don't want to NOT get the second crib and need it because she still isn't in a toddler bed by the time DS outgrows the bassinet and needs the crib. I also don't want to waste DH's hard work that he put in building a nice toddler bed.
HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :cryinghard: I can't decide!!