Hi all! We're back! I cant wait to share some of our (427) photos with you. Kidding!! But I am uploading a few to photobucket to share. I will get them onto the website today, I promise. But in the mean time, here are some tips for my other friends visiting the World soon:
1) Naps are important!
We went back to nap or rest at the hotel every day and it was a life saver. For the adults, too. Get to the park at *about* opening, leave at about 2 and come back at dinner time. It saved many meltdowns.
2) Forget everything about a "touring plan" with a toddler.
My SIL had a grand plan for each day, and not a single bit of it happened. Her kids were scared of most rides and we took our time looking at stuff, she was a ball of stress= not fun. We went to the easywdw 's best park each morning and just went with what the kids wanted to do. Never waited more than 15 minutes for ANYTHING. Which brings me to:
3) Use Fastpass and use it well.
So surprised how many people didnt know what it was or use it at all. Its a magical invention and when you use it correctly, there are no lines!!
4) Rider swap sucks.
No really. It is very different from what I read. Rider 1 gets in line (fastpass if you have one, regular if you dont). Rider 2 with kid gets a fastpass to ride after rider 1 gets back. So you still wait in line twice. So if the fastpass line is 15 min, you essentially wait twice and the poor kids waits around for 40 minutes while you ride something. Which brings me to:
5) Pick one must do for each park and then forget the rest. This is for the kids, right? Making them wait around while you ride on 3 mountains and a haunted mansion (Do not take your kids on this- its way scarier than it seems in the eyes of a child!!) will eat up about 3 hours. Seriously, it takes a long time to do anything at disney. Pick your favorite and then forget the rest. You will just end up disappointed. OR if you absolutely have to ride the adult stuff, get a babysitter. The parks and rides were desserted after 8pm (all waiting for the parade/fireworks). We left the kids with grandma and rode all the adult rides at magic kingdom in 3 hours with 5 minute waits. Yippy!!
6) The food at the quick service restaurants leave much to be desired. And taking a bunch of tired crabby hungry kids to a sit down place is almost as bad. Do leave the parks for an ADR, it eats up too much time. We had 3 sit down dinners and that was good. We were able to walk in to lunch places without a reservation if we got there right at opening (11am). We were a party of 9. Our dinner reservation (Tusker house in animal kingdom) had lots of open seats. And it was the best dinner of the trip!! Buffet style, lots of choices. Yum!
7) BRING ZIPLOCK BAGS IN YOUR PURSE! For the sake of everyone. We had a puking kid on the bus with us every time. I gave each mama a ziplock bag (to catch the puke), but it was already to late at that point - puke all over floor. eewww.
Powder or cream up diapered bums. Alex is not potty trained, and never gets diaper rash. But he got some serious red bummer there. I had the stuff with, but not on and it was too late by then. Save your kid some bum-ache and learn from my fail!!
Next post will be photos. Im still uploading, so Ill add a tag to the title when they are done!