BBB 27

1132 posts / 0 new
Last post
mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

Night ladies - hope we all get an amazing night of sleep!!!!

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

nbak

Peej, hope Landon is all better tomorrow.

2am and at least one of my babies has been awake since 7am (yesterday?). I am reallllllllllllllllly tired.

C must have had a bad dream. Never happened before. Poor baby.

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Candace- hope the kiddos are in bed for you and you still arent up.

PJ- hopefully it was just the food. Happy birthday Landon.

So Sofia is fine. Just an upper respiratory infection. They told me what to watch for in case she gets another infection.

Jumarse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/27/07
Posts: 5219

Candace, I can't believe Wade has a double EI! Poor dude! I hope it doesn't bother him at all! And booooooooooo on no sleep! Sad You poor thing, you are SO lacking in any decent sleep!!!

PJ, how's Landon today?? I reallllly hope it was just all the food!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDON JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo

Kat, so glad that it wasn't anything more serious, but poor baby girl! I'm glad you took her in, much better to be safe!!

Kelly, sorry you still feel like crap. Sad

Peg, how ya doing today???

Colleen, did ya'll get a lot of snow?? WOke up to snow here, had no clue, lol! So disappointing, wish it was tomorrow for Colby, that would have been a great bday present for him!!!

luangwa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/29/07
Posts: 8898

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Landon. Smile Big b-day hugs from Jaxon.

Peej, how's he doing? Were the pukies from the food?

Candace, I'm so sorry girl. That is INSANE.

Snow? Wow, Happy April Fools.

So, can I just say that Abs is a very quick learner? That one night that I spent refusing to pick her up and I just kept laying her back down and patting her back for over an hour? Yep, that's all it took and all week she has been back to STTN. Now, here's a great example of how Murphy's Law plays out on my life. Jax has been up every single night this week. :rolleyes: Do you think the 2 of them make evil plans when I'm in the bathroom? I'm not leaving them in the same room together today. I think Jax is going to tell Abigail that I'm at my wits end with his waking up and it's back to her turn to torture me.

Still cleaning today..........

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Look at this sweet baby last night after her bad dream:

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Sorry Mel. Sometimes I do think they conspire with earch other. Lol. When is your visit to see Jaxon's classroom?

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

I want snow.

And yes, Mel...I do believe my kids tagteam to keep me up!

Happy cleaning, everyone. I'll try to be back after Mello Yello.

Might load the kids up for breakfast. I am beyond cooking this morning. Might hit the consignment sale. 1/2 off day. Those FB dipes were still there yesterday...would be a good score for $1 each if they're still there this morning.

Happy Birthday, Landon. Who are the other April Fools?

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Kat, is Sofia acting like she feels better? Is her fever gone?

I gave Wade motrin around 9 pm last night and he's doing pretty good - no fever. No apparent ear pain.

Karrie5's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/29/08
Posts: 2993

Quick check in before another busy day at work.

PJ, I hope it was just all the food. Happy Birthday Landon!

Candace, what a gorgeous picture! So sorry for the rough night.

Kat, glad Sofia is ok.

I had an interesting morning that involved a crazy skunk sprayed raccoon that wouldn't die after taking 3 shots from a .22 point blank. I think DH is going to call the dnr to see if it needs to be tested for rabies. It was crazy.

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

"Karrie5" wrote:

Quick check in before another busy day at work.

PJ, I hope it was just all the food. Happy Birthday Landon!

Candace, what a gorgeous picture! So sorry for the rough night.

Kat, glad Sofia is ok.

I had an interesting morning that involved a crazy skunk sprayed raccoon that wouldn't die after taking 3 shots from a .22 point blank. I think DH is going to call the dnr to see if it needs to be tested for rabies. It was crazy.

:eek: Yes! Sounds like a call to animal control may be in order. What does dnr stand for? Was that at your house?

PaulaJoFSU's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 08/12/07
Posts: 4019

Ok, help me out here!

The first puke was ALL FOOD nasty..

the next (I don't know how many) were little bits of flem that have been congested in his chest. (I wish mine would come up).. anyway... now I don't know what to do!

He is "saying" he is feeling fine and I had him drink some water for me. He isn't so sure on the eating part even though we made a waffle... :confused:

POOR DUDE!!

This morning I say Happy Birthday Landon, I love you.

and he replies. Thanks mom. You are my best friend.

so sweet ..love him

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Ugh, Paula, that stinks. Maybe he just needed to get rid of all the mucous?? What time do festivities begin today?

luangwa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/29/07
Posts: 8898

Sorry Peej, but I'd say if he threw up that much it probably was a little more than just the combo of food. Is he still on that nasty med? Those strong abx can really pull a trick on your digestive system, maybe that's the culprit????

THe 'best friend' comment is just the sweetest things ever!!!!!!

Candace, that is an adorable picture.

PaulaJoFSU's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 08/12/07
Posts: 4019

Mel, he is, and that is what my mom just said too! I am afraid to give it to him this morning..maybe I will wait until after.. :confused: Makes him gag just smelling it!

Man... poor dude

I am going to shower, and try this, if we have to turn around we do... poor birthday boy Sad

Karrie5's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/29/08
Posts: 2993

"StateChick" wrote:

:eek: Yes! Sounds like a call to animal control may be in order. What does dnr stand for? Was that at your house?

dnr = department of natural resources
We have a screened porch off my bedroom where we put the food and water for the outside cats. The raccoon was pacing around the outside looking for a way to get in. I tried to shoo it away and it just looked at me. I threw a boot at it and it hit it in the nose (it was right up against the screen) and it just moved back a couple feet and stared at me more. So DH went out with the gun and it walked right up to him and sniffed the end of his gun. :eek:

"PaulaJoFSU" wrote:

Ok, help me out here!

The first puke was ALL FOOD nasty..

the next (I don't know how many) were little bits of flem that have been congested in his chest. (I wish mine would come up).. anyway... now I don't know what to do!

He is "saying" he is feeling fine and I had him drink some water for me. He isn't so sure on the eating part even though we made a waffle... :confused:

POOR DUDE!!

This morning I say Happy Birthday Landon, I love you.

and he replies. Thanks mom. You are my best friend.

so sweet ..love him

Poor Landon. It sounds like it might be a little more than just too much food. Sad

That's so sweet what he said though.

Karrie5's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 05/29/08
Posts: 2993

My fun time is up. Time to get busy. I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!

And I really hope Landon can enjoy his birthday!!!

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

karrie........not a good way to start the day!!!!!!!!!! yikes.......

pj......happy birthday landon!!!!!!! hope the little guy feels better...poor little guy.....he is just the sweetest with his comments!!!

julie.....yup....we got about 3 inches of snow, but it has now turned to rain.....so nice slop out there......

mel.........yes, the children conspire against us!!!!!! that video that kristi posted......those twins are totally conspiring on who's turn it was to keep mom up that night!!!! LOL!>

kat.......glad sofia is ok....hope she starts feeling better today!!!!!!!!

candace........cadence is beautiful.........ahhhhhhh a sleeping little beauty!! so precious!!!!!!

Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 06/29/08
Posts: 1096

Happy Birthday Landon and feel better!! Poor kiddo. It shouldn't be allowed that you don't feel well on your birthday. Sad

You ladies and sick kiddos have me super paranoid. Miles has had a stuffy nose and cough at night the past few days and his voice is off. I'm super paranoid and wondering if I should call the pedi and ask for a strep test.

But he's probably fine and then I'll have taken him to the germy pedi's office, lol.

Mom paranoia is the worst!!

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

morning ladies!!!!!!!

wow karrie...that would have scared the bejeezus outta me!!!

Mel....yep...my kids tag tem me too..if it's not one it's the other :rolleyes: this morning it was ty waking up at 4:30 while i was getting ready for work screaming for milk :rolleyes: needless to say i got ready for work with a 25 pound toddler on my hip cause he will not let me put him down in the morning.....hope you have a great day....have fun cleaning!!!!

Colleen...wow snow.....i can't believe it....just rain here although the news says it's mixed with snow but you wouldn't be able to tell

Kat...yea for sofia being ok

candace...she's so cute...

Oh no PJ...hope he is feeling better......lil dude can't be sick for his party Sad

luangwa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/29/07
Posts: 8898

Kat, sorry I didn't ignore your question, just forgot to comment. I used to have a functioning brain and a memory. :rolleyes:

Jax visited his classroom yesterday. He loved it. walked in the door and jumped right into the action, said hello to every single kid and explored every part of the room and totally ignored me. LOL Almost had a meltdown about leaving and the the PS teacher totally distracted him into going with her. 14 kids, Jax will be the 15th. There is the teacher and 2 aids, plus one girl has a fulltime personal aide.

He painted clouds while we were there. this is cool, you guys will like this little project. You mix white elmers glue with shaving cream. Take blue construction paper and draw the outline of some clouds with a white crayon. The 'paint' is very thick and puffy, and then have them fill in the clouds with a paint brush. It totally dries all puffed up. AND, he didn't eat it, didn't even try and taste it. LOL Gotta get some shaving cream.

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

mel........that is so awesome that jax just jumped right in!!!!!!!!! go jax!!!!!!!!! so he is a social little dude......makes it sooooooooooo much easier.........i'll take a tantrum on the way out anyday......it's when they start the tantrum the second they walk in that is not a good thing!!!!!!!! that project sounds like fun........that may be on our agenda.......our clouds will have to be dropping snow from them, to represent the day!!!!!!!! LOL.................

lucy is really nervous about starting school in september.......out of nowhere she will come over to me crying she doesn't want to go to school.......it's a big week next week.......she goes and gets tested with the slp, and the guidance councilor to make she is ready for kindergarten( which she is!! LOL!!...she's probably ready for more like 1st grade......LOL.....mommy's lame school doesn't know how to stay on curriculum!!!LOL!! we are wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of the kindergarten guidelines) and then next saturday....me and lucy will go to "school"......it's from 9-11:30.......and they will get to walk around the school, head over to the kindergarten wing, do a project and a lesson in one of the kindergarten rooms......then the teachers take the kids to the bus........and that is when the parents go and have a meeting with the principal........so the kids will assemble onto the bus, go for a bus ride , bythemselves....and get off the bus, and look for their teacher in the designated area............
the principal has done this for 18 yrs now........and she says it makes the bus ride experience on the 1st day of school sooo much easier of a transition.......because they have already done it!!!!!!
you get to fill out a bus form for your route.....for the future bus driver.....so you can say, lucy is friends with little suzy at 18 mill street......and they will try to pair them up for the upcoming school year and the assigned seats on the bus.......so i think she goes above and beyond to help transition these little ones for school/bus situations.......but of course lucy is nervous.....poor little 5 yr old brain!!!!!! sorry for the ramble........

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

mel...that's awesome that he liked his classroom!!!!! makes things so much easier!!!! and cool project...gonna have to try that one!!!!!!!

Colleen....i think that is a great way to prep them for school....poor lucy.....she's nervous now but wait unti she sees how much fun kindergarten is...she'll love it but i bet you know that already Wink

Julie...I think you asked how i was doing.....doing fine today thank you.....steve and i had a good discussion about things last night....I told him my concerns about the kids and he has the same concerns.....we decided to pay for another week (which would equal 2 weeks because of the on we paid upfront) and then play it by ear from there...he goes to sign the books on monday at the union hall so he'll have a better grasp as far as what's going on....he heard but it may be rumor but he heard that they called for 50 guys for the casino but could only get 20 cause the other 30 either didn't pass the drug test :eek: or declined the job....so that's quite encouraging I think he'll be back to work sooner than later......i'm afraid if we take tyler out and leave alyssa in for half days for the preschool aspect I'm afraid we'll lose Tyler's spot because his classroom is now full....and if and when steve gets called for a job they'll want him to start the next day or they'll call on a weekend and want him to start on monday so we can't necessarily make the decision then IYKWIM....sorry for the rant....lol

so...the kids going to 'school' while he is home is really bugging me......he told me to make a honey do list...ummm....you know what needs to be done around the house i shouldn't need to right it down for you and it must be nice to have all that 'freekid' time....although i totally understand why but it's got me urked a lil!!!!!

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

it used to drive me nuts when danny and the kids were home on the monday holidays and i used to have to work......it shouldn't have bothered me, but it did.....so i know how you feel peg.........and i agree.....there should be no need for the list.....he lives there, too......he should just know what needs to get done!!!!!!! Wink men.........

my old boss called me yesterday and asked if i could fill in for her hygienist this summer while my parents are here.......the hygienist is going to egypt for 3 weeks with her dr. husband to do charity work.........and the schedule is only mon-weds........i told i would do it for cash/under the table....and she said sure.....so i will be employed for 3 weeks in july........:YIKES:............
now to tell my parents they need to babysit ......LOL!!!!!!!!

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

I think that's awesome colleen...under the table....you can't beat it....and it's only 3 days a week so i bet they can handle it lol...plus it'll help keep your skills up for the future!!!! just remember if it gets hectic....it's just temporary

Jumarse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/27/07
Posts: 5219

PJ, sorry Landon's sick. Sad Not fair on his birthday!!!!!

Candace, Cadence is just beautiful!!!!!!! What a sweet baby girl!!!!!!!!!

Colleen, LOVE that idea of doing the bus ride ahead of time!!!! And doing stuff at the school ahead of time with Momma, so that she can see it will be a fun place for her! I think she will do great! I know she's nervous, hopefully the getting ready ahead of time will help her out!

Mel, so glad Jax loved school! And I love that craft idea too!

Peg, I getcha on Steve being with the kids.....yeah, well, even if you DID make a list, how much do you think he'll get done anyway???? Seeing stuff on the list NOT get done would make me madder, lol!!!!!!!!!!! Like we said before, it'll be good for him to see how hard it really is to get stuff done!! And I hope they call soon! 30 dudes declined or failed! ROFL Well, more power to 'em, hope that means Steve gets a slot soon! I really hope DC works out okay for you guys!!

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

"luangwa" wrote:

Good morning.

Happy Birthday Landon. Smile Big b-day hugs from Jaxon.

Peej, how's he doing? Were the pukies from the food?

Candace, I'm so sorry girl. That is INSANE.

Snow? Wow, Happy April Fools.

So, can I just say that Abs is a very quick learner? That one night that I spent refusing to pick her up and I just kept laying her back down and patting her back for over an hour? Yep, that's all it took and all week she has been back to STTN. Now, here's a great example of how Murphy's Law plays out on my life. Jax has been up every single night this week. :rolleyes: Do you think the 2 of them make evil plans when I'm in the bathroom? I'm not leaving them in the same room together today. I think Jax is going to tell Abigail that I'm at my wits end with his waking up and it's back to her turn to torture me.

Still cleaning today..........

Hope your cleaning is going better than mine. Yep - the totally get together and think of ways to torture us! What can ya do?

"StateChick" wrote:

Look at this sweet baby last night after her bad dream:

Awwwww....she is just precious!

"Karrie5" wrote:

Quick check in before another busy day at work.

PJ, I hope it was just all the food. Happy Birthday Landon!

Candace, what a gorgeous picture! So sorry for the rough night.

Kat, glad Sofia is ok.

I had an interesting morning that involved a crazy skunk sprayed raccoon that wouldn't die after taking 3 shots from a .22 point blank. I think DH is going to call the dnr to see if it needs to be tested for rabies. It was crazy.

That is crazy...

"PaulaJoFSU" wrote:

Ok, help me out here!

The first puke was ALL FOOD nasty..

the next (I don't know how many) were little bits of flem that have been congested in his chest. (I wish mine would come up).. anyway... now I don't know what to do!

He is "saying" he is feeling fine and I had him drink some water for me. He isn't so sure on the eating part even though we made a waffle... :confused:

POOR DUDE!!

This morning I say Happy Birthday Landon, I love you.

and he replies. Thanks mom. You are my best friend.

so sweet ..love him

Happy Birthday sweet boy! Hope he is feeling better!

"luangwa" wrote:

Kat, sorry I didn't ignore your question, just forgot to comment. I used to have a functioning brain and a memory. :rolleyes:

Jax visited his classroom yesterday. He loved it. walked in the door and jumped right into the action, said hello to every single kid and explored every part of the room and totally ignored me. LOL Almost had a meltdown about leaving and the the PS teacher totally distracted him into going with her. 14 kids, Jax will be the 15th. There is the teacher and 2 aids, plus one girl has a fulltime personal aide.

He painted clouds while we were there. this is cool, you guys will like this little project. You mix white elmers glue with shaving cream. Take blue construction paper and draw the outline of some clouds with a white crayon. The 'paint' is very thick and puffy, and then have them fill in the clouds with a paint brush. It totally dries all puffed up. AND, he didn't eat it, didn't even try and taste it. LOL Gotta get some shaving cream.

That is great that he loved his classroom!

"toothy35" wrote:

mel........that is so awesome that jax just jumped right in!!!!!!!!! go jax!!!!!!!!! so he is a social little dude......makes it sooooooooooo much easier.........i'll take a tantrum on the way out anyday......it's when they start the tantrum the second they walk in that is not a good thing!!!!!!!! that project sounds like fun........that may be on our agenda.......our clouds will have to be dropping snow from them, to represent the day!!!!!!!! LOL.................

lucy is really nervous about starting school in september.......out of nowhere she will come over to me crying she doesn't want to go to school.......it's a big week next week.......she goes and gets tested with the slp, and the guidance councilor to make she is ready for kindergarten( which she is!! LOL!!...she's probably ready for more like 1st grade......LOL.....mommy's lame school doesn't know how to stay on curriculum!!!LOL!! we are wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of the kindergarten guidelines) and then next saturday....me and lucy will go to "school"......it's from 9-11:30.......and they will get to walk around the school, head over to the kindergarten wing, do a project and a lesson in one of the kindergarten rooms......then the teachers take the kids to the bus........and that is when the parents go and have a meeting with the principal........so the kids will assemble onto the bus, go for a bus ride , bythemselves....and get off the bus, and look for their teacher in the designated area............
the principal has done this for 18 yrs now........and she says it makes the bus ride experience on the 1st day of school sooo much easier of a transition.......because they have already done it!!!!!!
you get to fill out a bus form for your route.....for the future bus driver.....so you can say, lucy is friends with little suzy at 18 mill street......and they will try to pair them up for the upcoming school year and the assigned seats on the bus.......so i think she goes above and beyond to help transition these little ones for school/bus situations.......but of course lucy is nervous.....poor little 5 yr old brain!!!!!! sorry for the ramble........

That sounds great with the bus ride before....it sounds like they really are trying to make this easy on the kids.

"shefrn1" wrote:

mel...that's awesome that he liked his classroom!!!!! makes things so much easier!!!! and cool project...gonna have to try that one!!!!!!!

Colleen....i think that is a great way to prep them for school....poor lucy.....she's nervous now but wait unti she sees how much fun kindergarten is...she'll love it but i bet you know that already Wink

Julie...I think you asked how i was doing.....doing fine today thank you.....steve and i had a good discussion about things last night....I told him my concerns about the kids and he has the same concerns.....we decided to pay for another week (which would equal 2 weeks because of the on we paid upfront) and then play it by ear from there...he goes to sign the books on monday at the union hall so he'll have a better grasp as far as what's going on....he heard but it may be rumor but he heard that they called for 50 guys for the casino but could only get 20 cause the other 30 either didn't pass the drug test :eek: or declined the job....so that's quite encouraging I think he'll be back to work sooner than later......i'm afraid if we take tyler out and leave alyssa in for half days for the preschool aspect I'm afraid we'll lose Tyler's spot because his classroom is now full....and if and when steve gets called for a job they'll want him to start the next day or they'll call on a weekend and want him to start on monday so we can't necessarily make the decision then IYKWIM....sorry for the rant....lol

so...the kids going to 'school' while he is home is really bugging me......he told me to make a honey do list...ummm....you know what needs to be done around the house i shouldn't need to right it down for you and it must be nice to have all that 'freekid' time....although i totally understand why but it's got me urked a lil!!!!!

Just wanted to give you another hug. :bighug:

"toothy35" wrote:

it used to drive me nuts when danny and the kids were home on the monday holidays and i used to have to work......it shouldn't have bothered me, but it did.....so i know how you feel peg.........and i agree.....there should be no need for the list.....he lives there, too......he should just know what needs to get done!!!!!!! Wink men.........

my old boss called me yesterday and asked if i could fill in for her hygienist this summer while my parents are here.......the hygienist is going to egypt for 3 weeks with her dr. husband to do charity work.........and the schedule is only mon-weds........i told i would do it for cash/under the table....and she said sure.....so i will be employed for 3 weeks in july........:YIKES:............
now to tell my parents they need to babysit ......LOL!!!!!!!!

Awesome.....that sounds perfect!!!! That will be a very nice break this summer!

Yep - still not cleaning. Having the 2 puppies is a ton of work!!! DS asked me why someone would get a dog and then not take care of it (you can see all of her ribs/hip bones). I really did not have a good answer for him except some people do that but then there are others, like Cindy, who take them in and help them. She really is a sweet puppy. Anyone who gets her is going to be so lucky!

Must....go.....clean......must......go......clean......

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

"mtmomma" wrote:

Hope your cleaning is going better than mine. Yep - the totally get together and think of ways to torture us! What can ya do?

Awwwww....she is just precious!

That is crazy...

Happy Birthday sweet boy! Hope he is feeling better!

That is great that he loved his classroom!

That sounds great with the bus ride before....it sounds like they really are trying to make this easy on the kids.

Just wanted to give you another hug. :bighug:

Awesome.....that sounds perfect!!!! That will be a very nice break this summer!

Yep - still not cleaning. Having the 2 puppies is a ton of work!!! DS asked me why someone would get a dog and then not take care of it (you can see all of her ribs/hip bones). I really did not have a good answer for him except some people do that but then there are others, like Cindy, who take them in and help them. She really is a sweet puppy. Anyone who gets her is going to be so lucky!

Must....go.....clean......must......go......clean......

Sad to the bolded...so sad......I think i missed your original post but are they boxers....i think i told you before that i love boxers....had them growing up...such sweet dogs (atleast the females) my brother had gotten a male and he was horrible...attacked kids with baseball hats...his origianl owner had him in new york city living in an appartment in a cage and i think he was abused prolly by someone who wore baseball hats.....he wasn't around long ....my parents found him another home i don't remember where???

speaking of dogs....alyssa has been talking about shep everynight....when i put her to bed i say "what was your favorite part of the day" she answers then askes 'what's your favorite part of the day' ...what was daddy and tylers favorite part of the day....what was sheppy's favorite part of the day Sad

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Candace- she is so gorgeous

Mel- glad he liked the class. The shaving cream project is a great idea. Our last play tjerapy session she is doing a project with shaving cream to work with him on texture.

Colleen- love the idean of a school day with the parent ahead of time. I hope Lucy becomes more excited than nervous.

So I know that I have mentioned how nevous I am about.Josh starting school and how he will react. after taking Sofia to the ER last night it instilled more nervousness. She handled it so well. Little crying when the examined her and did exrays. She was calm. If I walk near someon new like the doctor or the dentist Josh starts screaming his head off and hiding his face in my neck. It is making me a little sad thinking of how it is going to go. I was so surprised by Sofia's calmness after a horrible trip to th Er before with Josh. After yesterday it makes me want to keep the appointment with the pediatric neurologist. Yes I am still arguing with myself over this appointment.

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

"shefrn1" wrote:

Sad to the bolded...so sad......I think i missed your original post but are they boxers....i think i told you before that i love boxers....had them growing up...such sweet dogs (atleast the females) my brother had gotten a male and he was horrible...attacked kids with baseball hats...his origianl owner had him in new york city living in an appartment in a cage and i think he was abused prolly by someone who wore baseball hats.....he wasn't around long ....my parents found him another home i don't remember where???

speaking of dogs....alyssa has been talking about shep everynight....when i put her to bed i say "what was your favorite part of the day" she answers then askes 'what's your favorite part of the day' ...what was daddy and tylers favorite part of the day....what was sheppy's favorite part of the day Sad

I might not have posted too much about why I have her. She is a Boxer. The lady who runs Hobo Boxer Rescue got a call about this dog. The woman bought her in a manic state (is a manic depressive) and then just did not take care of her. Hobo actually places dogs in foster homes until they find their forever homes. I guess the woman in my Boxer club knows somewhat of the breeder of this dog and was called to see if she could take her. She went and picked her up this Tuesday. She has to be fed small amounts throughout the day since her little tummy cannot hold all that much food. Interesting about the male Boxer. Jack is just a little love - he loves kids and I cannot imagine him being aggressive. But, placing a Boxer in a crate all the time will really ruin what is so amazing about them. But, we have feelers out to all club members to keep their eyes out for anyone looking for a dog....we actually have 2 right now we are trying to help.

Here are the "kids." The little one now got a new name of "Mindy." She is now sitting at my feet, snuggling in. What a doll!


shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

awww heather.......

I totally agree it was prolly the way the dog was taken care of (I'm talking bout our psycho boxer) .....

and if i lived closer to you I would prolly take her/him .....way cute!!!!

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

I just hope we can find her a fabulous home. What, you do not want to drive all the way out here? Would be a fun road trip Wink

Jumarse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/27/07
Posts: 5219

Awwww, that poor dog! Sad I hate crap like that! What a sweetie you are to foster her! I kept saying I'd foster animals here, but just never did it...it takes a lot to get an animal back to normal when they've lived in such crappy conditions. A friend that lives in Charlotte always posts the dogs she fosters, looking for homes...it's just heartbreaking, I hate seeing animals mistreated.

So Peg, do you think you guys will get another dog? Awww, so sweet Alyssa still "talks" to Shep!!!

Kat, awwww, I know it's scary and hard going thru the stuff with Josh, but you are doing the right thing and trying to get him the most help he can get. I'd say get him as many appointments and evals as you can handle right now, it never hurts to have as many people have their input as possible. Then at some point there will be definite answers with solutions instead of so many questions and what ifs. :bigarmhug:

Karrie, totally forgot to comment on the skunk. Holy hell batman! KUP on what DNR says, that thing HAD to be crazy!!! WTH!

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

"Jumarse" wrote:

Awwww, that poor dog! Sad I hate crap like that! What a sweetie you are to foster her! I kept saying I'd foster animals here, but just never did it...it takes a lot to get an animal back to normal when they've lived in such crappy conditions. A friend that lives in Charlotte always posts the dogs she fosters, looking for homes...it's just heartbreaking, I hate seeing animals mistreated.

So Peg, do you think you guys will get another dog? Awww, so sweet Alyssa still "talks" to Shep!!!

Kat, awwww, I know it's scary and hard going thru the stuff with Josh, but you are doing the right thing and trying to get him the most help he can get. I'd say get him as many appointments and evals as you can handle right now, it never hurts to have as many people have their input as possible. Then at some point there will be definite answers with solutions instead of so many questions and what ifs. :bigarmhug:

Karrie, totally forgot to comment on the skunk. Holy hell batman! KUP on what DNR says, that thing HAD to be crazy!!! WTH!

Kat - I could not say it better. ITA with getting as any evals as you can and that you are doing the right thing. :bighug:

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

kat........i second exactly what julie said!!!!!!!!! i was so skeptical of bring my 2.5 yr old to a pedi neuro, too.......but it was only to benefit her, not to hurt her........she had fun while she was there....all the testing they did with lucy involved toys....lots and lots of fun toys!!!!!!!!!!!! there was nothing scary about it, even the building was bright colors and the inside had toys EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!! it was really a great experience overall........there are also behavorial specialists that deal with ot, slp, behaviour issues..

heather.......love the pics of the "kids"!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and the girls just made blueberry coffee cake struessel.....(out of a box)......and manoman........does it smell good!~!

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

i am about ready to stop dressing jack........seriously.......the kid still spits up 655 times a day..............WHY DO I KEEP PUTTING CLOTHES ON HIM???????????

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Because there's snow outside, Colleen! Wink

Hey Kat, has Joshua been to the doc lately? Cadence was one who COMPLETELY flipped out the minute they called her name when we were in the waiting room and had one meltdown after another for being weighed, to having her temp taken, measured, listening to heart/lungs, etc.....seriously big fat tears...near hysterics.

She has slowly gotten a little better and the last time she was there we just had a few sniffles! Maybe Joshua has also outgrown a little of his anxiety! :bighug:

Heather, your dogs are beautiful! [now get back to cleaning ;)]

Julie, how's your gang hanging on? Still snotty?

Emily, how is Miles this afternoon? And Paula, what about Landon?

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

"StateChick" wrote:

Because there's snow outside, Colleen! Wink

you are sooo right.........right now that is the ONLY reason, the boy and i wear clothes........nothing worse than having the pea's come right back up all over ya, when your rocking your little guy to sleep.........BOGUS!!!!!!!!
jack is turning out to be like sarah.........she spitup everywhere.......was a nonstop babblier.......and fought her naps tooth and nail.........jack is following in his big sisters footsteps.......i really wish i had a video monitor, so i could see him right now.....i went in to check on him and he was sitting up , fussing and clenching his fists like he was soooooooo mad i would put his cranky butt down for a nap......LOL!!!!!!!!!

Jumarse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/27/07
Posts: 5219

Ooooo Colleen I'm so sorry for the pukes!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya, I get it only a couple times a day, BIG KUDOS to you for dealing with it 588 more times!!!!!!!! Jeez, well, I guess the positive in all of it is that it doesn't bother him at all....makes for lots of messy carpets, dirty clothes and LOTS of laundry though! How long did it take Sarah to stop being a puker? And BM is one thing to puke up....FOOD is an entirely different story!!

Candace, Colby has a super runny nose again, but I'm trying to ignore it like Emily is ignoring Miles' nose, lol. I'm hoping the probiotics do SOMETHING and just keep it a little cold! D is doing GREAT, just a little bit of boogs in the nose, I'd like to keep it that way! Of course I wonder if my snotty stuff was passed on to Colby, you know I'M the Typhoid Mary, lol. How's Mr. Wade and his ears? Is he eating okay or still popping off a lot??

isisgoddess_1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/29/08
Posts: 1220

Candace- he went to the dentist last week. Started screaming before even going inside. I had to hold him backwards on my lap while holding his arms. I feel bad cause I dint think it helps the situation any. How can holding him down help his anxiety.

On another note, I signed him up for t-ball. It is after he starts school so I am hoping that the school atmosphere helps him and then being around the kids at games is ok

Colleen- I vote dont dress him. I love nakee babies.

Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 months ago
Joined: 06/29/08
Posts: 1096

"luangwa" wrote:

Kat, sorry I didn't ignore your question, just forgot to comment. I used to have a functioning brain and a memory. :rolleyes:

Jax visited his classroom yesterday. He loved it. walked in the door and jumped right into the action, said hello to every single kid and explored every part of the room and totally ignored me. LOL Almost had a meltdown about leaving and the the PS teacher totally distracted him into going with her. 14 kids, Jax will be the 15th. There is the teacher and 2 aids, plus one girl has a fulltime personal aide.

He painted clouds while we were there. this is cool, you guys will like this little project. You mix white elmers glue with shaving cream. Take blue construction paper and draw the outline of some clouds with a white crayon. The 'paint' is very thick and puffy, and then have them fill in the clouds with a paint brush. It totally dries all puffed up. AND, he didn't eat it, didn't even try and taste it. LOL Gotta get some shaving cream.

Glad he enjoyed it!

Gonna have to get some shaving cream and try this. Miles LOVES glue. Any idea of the proportion of glue to shaving cream?

"Jumarse" wrote:

Ooooo Colleen I'm so sorry for the pukes!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell ya, I get it only a couple times a day, BIG KUDOS to you for dealing with it 588 more times!!!!!!!! Jeez, well, I guess the positive in all of it is that it doesn't bother him at all....makes for lots of messy carpets, dirty clothes and LOTS of laundry though! How long did it take Sarah to stop being a puker? And BM is one thing to puke up....FOOD is an entirely different story!!

Candace, Colby has a super runny nose again, but I'm trying to ignore it like Emily is ignoring Miles' nose, lol. I'm hoping the probiotics do SOMETHING and just keep it a little cold! D is doing GREAT, just a little bit of boogs in the nose, I'd like to keep it that way! Of course I wonder if my snotty stuff was passed on to Colby, you know I'M the Typhoid Mary, lol. How's Mr. Wade and his ears? Is he eating okay or still popping off a lot??

Yep, that's still my current course of action, lol. His nose drips during the day (clear) but it's bad at night with him coughing and not being able to breathe right. I try to sit up and snuggle him in the crook of my arm sitting up a bit and last night he was snoring SO LOUD right in my ear. Needless to say, not much sleep for me.

So Miles is totally making out with the kid in the mirror. Should I be worried?

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

hmmmm....good question EMily....LOL...sorry for the runny nose!!!

good news....steve just called....rumor has it that there may be an open call for a couple of different jobs when he goes to sign the books on monday...totally just rumor though.....he has run work for his company before so he can be considered a 'foreman' so there is a good chance that he can be picked up as a forman on monday...which is awesome....but we may not get the swingset up now Wink

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

fingers crossed peg............that would be great!!!!!!!!!!
can't he recruit a couple of his buddies over the house, make a crock of his famous pulled pork and beer??? i know danny's friends would come running for free food, beer, and the use of powertools!!!!! LOL!!!!! that's how you get a swingset put up.........lol Wink

luangwa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/29/07
Posts: 8898

Peg, that would be awesome.

So, I forgot about this, and I sometimes wonder why I tell you guys the stuff that in the end really only makes me look like a doofus.
Jax new PS teacher has seen him twice. Once at the ARC meeting way back the beginning of Feb and then yesterday. She walked us back up to the main door yesterday. I commented that he really liked making clouds and what a great activity and how he really enjoys crafts. She says to me, I really do a lot of messy things, I hope you are ok with that, as she is saying this, she is totally looking at Jax clothes. ROFL I just said we absolutely love messy things, I have a long standing affair with Mr Spray N Wash.

Ok, back to cleaning........

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

ROFL

that's hysterical.......and i forgot to comment on how funny it was what your ups driver said to you in the mall ROFL

boy do these people know you or what Wink

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

mel..........rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

"toothy35" wrote:

fingers crossed peg............that would be great!!!!!!!!!!
can't he recruit a couple of his buddies over the house, make a crock of his famous pulled pork and beer??? i know danny's friends would come running for free food, beer, and the use of powertools!!!!! LOL!!!!! that's how you get a swingset put up.........lol Wink

Man...I would help for all that!!!! Wink

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

Okay, somebody motivate me to clean!

MIL is gonna keep the girls, so I was gonna go shopping. Then I decided I really needed to clean up this dump while I have the chance without them here.

DH is playing golf out of town and won't be back til late. I like to clean without him here because he always makes a bigger mess. I can take the girls shopping with me tomorrow, but I can't clean with them here.

Anyway, Mel, I'll probably head to the Peaches N Cream outlet tomorrow. Check out their FB page and let me know if you want anything. They have 40% off a lot of stuff tomorrow. Not sure how good the deals will be...

Jumarse's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 4 months ago
Joined: 02/27/07
Posts: 5219

Mel ROFL

Peg, hope that swingset takes time to put up! Wink

Candace, I'd say put your feet up and take a break! Clean next week! Smile

kristimcw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/03/07
Posts: 1914

"luangwa" wrote:

Peg, that would be awesome.

So, I forgot about this, and I sometimes wonder why I tell you guys the stuff that in the end really only makes me look like a doofus.
Jax new PS teacher has seen him twice. Once at the ARC meeting way back the beginning of Feb and then yesterday. She walked us back up to the main door yesterday. I commented that he really liked making clouds and what a great activity and how he really enjoys crafts. She says to me, I really do a lot of messy things, I hope you are ok with that, as she is saying this, she is totally looking at Jax clothes. ROFL I just said we absolutely love messy things, I have a long standing affair with Mr Spray N Wash.

Ok, back to cleaning........

LOL. My kids have clothes that are worn out and only for messy play....

"shefrn1" wrote:

hmmmm....good question EMily....LOL...sorry for the runny nose!!!

good news....steve just called....rumor has it that there may be an open call for a couple of different jobs when he goes to sign the books on monday...totally just rumor though.....he has run work for his company before so he can be considered a 'foreman' so there is a good chance that he can be picked up as a forman on monday...which is awesome....but we may not get the swingset up now Wink

keeping fingers crossed he gets a foreman job.......and I agree with colleen.....have a swing assembly party!!

"toothy35" wrote:

i am about ready to stop dressing jack........seriously.......the kid still spits up 655 times a day..............WHY DO I KEEP PUTTING CLOTHES ON HIM???????????

aw, sorry......

"mtmomma" wrote:

Kat - I could not say it better. ITA with getting as any evals as you can and that you are doing the right thing. :bighug:

agreed. if you dont get him evaluated, will you have the what ifs or should haves if you dont.....

"StateChick" wrote:

Okay, somebody motivate me to clean!

MIL is gonna keep the girls, so I was gonna go shopping. Then I decided I really needed to clean up this dump while I have the chance without them here.

DH is playing golf out of town and won't be back til late. I like to clean without him here because he always makes a bigger mess. I can take the girls shopping with me tomorrow, but I can't clean with them here.

Anyway, Mel, I'll probably head to the Peaches N Cream outlet tomorrow. Check out their FB page and let me know if you want anything. They have 40% off a lot of stuff tomorrow. Not sure how good the deals will be...

Yea no motivation either. I did some dishes here and there, did some laundry and vacuumed the rug......that is about it......

so tired of cleaning nebulizer supplies. She is sleeping so much better, now if I can wyatt too.

supposed to be warm and windy tomorrow. Must try to get outside and forget about the mess inside.......although Zack must pick up his used kleenex pile around his full trash can in his bedroom.......that boy........trash is supposed to be his job and he has to be reminded constantly.

My sister and her DH went ahead and got married with the scare overseas just incase he got deployed, but are going ahead with the wedding anyway.

so I showed ya'll cheyenne's flower girl dress the other day, but here it is actually on her.......so much cuter than in that photo.

I am wearing this....the one I chose out of the three....pool blue.
http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_V-Neck-Cotton-Sateen-Dress-with-Pleats-and-Ruching-F14259_Bridal-Party-Features-Wear-Again-Looks
with ivory flats. I am 5'6" and my sis and her DH are shorter than me....So they told me and the rest to wear flats......so thinking of getting shoes I like for the reception....these flats arent really comfy.

but with a question on the dress...........if DH and I go on a cruise, is this style of dress one that I could wear to formal night on the cruise with some other shoes? And in what color of shoe? asking the fashion divas....I would have to get a wrap too....what color?

Gah this post took me forever and I so didnt comment on everything I wanted. Cheyenne has been beating up wyatt, sitting on him, playing with his toys, and the boy has been whining about it all day. I am so having a margarita before bed.............or two.

Pages

Topic locked