Signature & Picture Guidelines & Help
Please note that we have specific guidelines for these privileges. Please see the section below.
1. Image dimensions and File Size Limitations: These shall be limited to 500x500 pixels maximum, with a file size limit of 250kb maximum.
2. Slideshows: Must adhere to the dimension and file size limitations above. Also, please limit to no more than 5 rotating images for the benefit of other users. At this time we are not allowing slideshows with music/audio effects that auto-start.
3. Content: Please be aware that all signatures should adhere to the same rules as listed within the Community Guidelines. Again, please refrain from including profanity, violence, obscenity, lewd, or sexually explicit content or that intended to purposefully mock/bash/demean within either area in deference to (or as a courtesy to) your fellow members and their families.
4. Use of multiple (stacked) images: We are aware that you may wish to include one or many worthy causes/remembrances within your signature. However, due to space constraints and loading difficulties for our users, you are still asked to contain all of your signature within the limits provided above. This does include blinkies, tickers, and other graphics. One suggestion is to create a couple of signatures and alternate.
5. Courtesy in use: We are pleased to offer you this opportunity to share your families, your beliefs, and your points of interest within your signature. Please, however, be courteous to one another and recognize that you do not have to include your signature with each and every post you make. This particularly applies to those within the same thread. Once is enough.
6. Centering: Please do not use the centering code on your signature. While we know that it looks nice for some, for others it forces members to scroll back and forth simply to read any thread you post your signature on.
7. Posting Pictures: To post pictures, either in your signature or within a post, you will need to set up an album on an offsite image hosting website, such as Photobucket, Flickr, Snapfish, or Shutterfly. Once you have uploaded your pictures to one of these sites, you can then copy/paste the image code (denoted by ) into your signature or post.
Please understand those choosing to ignore these guidelines will risk the loss of theses privilege(s) and a possible disablement of account for repeated offenses.
Go here for FAQs and more information: http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/showthread.php?t=620831