New Tradition im starting (FUN!)

32 posts / 0 new
Last post
chefkel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/06/07
Posts: 2190
New Tradition im starting (FUN!)

I saw this on a blog and I think it's so cute and a lot of fun!

So I started my own families Summer fun list as the kids get older they will be creating and adding items to do.. but for now this is what we came up with.. it's hanging in our hallway.

Owen had so much fun helping with it!

Allie01979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 10/10/07
Posts: 4706

awww what a great idea, it would be nice to have activities mapped out, we're usually pretty filled up during the week, but the same old same old, gets....well, old lol.

I love how there are alot of ideas on there that cost nothing, what a smart mama you are Smile

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

I love that idea too. I saw it on Meg Duerkson's blog, whatever. Where did you see it?

chefkel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/06/07
Posts: 2190

The blog I got it from got from that blog! A Soft Place To Land is the blog I was reading Smile

toothy35's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 days ago
Joined: 02/20/06
Posts: 4578

we have our list started.....but putting on a poster seems way more fun!!!!!!!!! thanks kell

chefkel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/06/07
Posts: 2190

"toothy35" wrote:

we have our list started.....but putting on a poster seems way more fun!!!!!!!!! thanks kell

Oh good! Post a picture

PaulaJoFSU's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/12/07
Posts: 4019

We have started ours as well! Deb does hers every year, and my younger sister Mal has hers already... I need to get on it! lol

love it!

tybaysmom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 04/08/07
Posts: 483

That is such a great idea! I'm gonna copy you! Wink

Karrie5's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 05/29/08
Posts: 2993

What an awesome idea!! I think we're gonna try that!

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

I LOVE Meg's blog! Karina, you should totally go to her craft weekend!

Great job, Kelly. Smile

EmilyC3's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 10/27/07
Posts: 1170

Great idea!

luangwa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 06/29/07
Posts: 8898

Oh I am SO copying you!!!! What a great idea.

kristimcw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 08/03/07
Posts: 1914

What is Happy Hollow?

Fireworks are banned here, so enjoy some for us!!!!!!!!

That sounds like so much fun. Jealous of all the activities you have in your area.

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

"StateChick" wrote:

I LOVE Meg's blog! Karina, you should totally go to her craft weekend!

Great job, Kelly. Smile

I would LOVE to go to Meg's craft weekend...a bit far....but I have been trying to convince her, lol. We corresponded for a while - I am afraid I am a bit godless for the Kansas ladies in general :D. I am also pen pals with Jess McLenahan, we made a deal to read books on theology and discuss; I thought she'd given up on me when she sent my daughter a Cora dress, it was so sweet I cried. (She is the one at the macs, who lost her daughter to cancer at 11 months...). Anyway, a summer list is a great idea...

chefkel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/06/07
Posts: 2190

Happy Hollow is a small theme park and zoo ment for toddlers.. We have season passes

mtmomma's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 week ago
Joined: 07/06/07
Posts: 912

What a great idea! I LOVE lists!!!

mbowman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/22/07
Posts: 1063

"MaxiMamma" wrote:

I would LOVE to go to Meg's craft weekend...a bit far....but I have been trying to convince her, lol. We corresponded for a while - I am afraid I am a bit godless for the Kansas ladies in general :D. I am also pen pals with Jess McLenahan, we made a deal to read books on theology and discuss; I thought she'd given up on me when she sent my daughter a Cora dress, it was so sweet I cried. (She is the one at the macs, who lost her daughter to cancer at 11 months...). Anyway, a summer list is a great idea...

I want to do her craft weekend too!! We should so do it together! I could pick you up from the airport and provide the transportation the rest of the time! Seriously!!!!

Jess McLenahan is another friend of my friend's friend. LOL Does that make sense? They all go to church together. She is such an inspiration!! That's so cool that you are in touch with them!

I mean it though about the craft weekend!I think she's doing one in September, right? And you would be awesomely cultured for these Kansas girls!

mbowman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/22/07
Posts: 1063

"StateChick" wrote:

I LOVE Meg's blog! Karina, you should totally go to her craft weekend!

Great job, Kelly. Smile

You should come too!!! I'll make towels for your kids. Biggrin

kellbelle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/20/06
Posts: 275

That is really an awesome idea. Sooo stealing this.

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

What a great idea...i'm definitely gonna do this...so cool

What's living room carpet mean though....lol

If it's there to clean it that doesn't sound like much fun....lol

Thanx kelly

mbowman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/22/07
Posts: 1063

"shefrn1" wrote:

What a great idea...i'm definitely gonna do this...so cool

What's living room carpet mean though....lol

If it's there to clean it that doesn't sound like much fun....lol

Thanx kelly

I think it's living room campout. LOL

shefrn1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 08/28/07
Posts: 4148

ROFL that makes more sense...lol

My kids love to do that....they also love to campout on my bed right after i make it...lol

Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 06/29/08
Posts: 1096

Cool!!

I tried it last year, but didn't get anything crossed off, lol.

stupidcomputer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/11/08
Posts: 374

Super fun! When the kids are older we will totally do that!

brandifawn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 05/28/07
Posts: 348

What a great idea!

StateChick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/22/07
Posts: 3629

"MaxiMamma" wrote:

I would LOVE to go to Meg's craft weekend...a bit far....but I have been trying to convince her, lol. We corresponded for a while - I am afraid I am a bit godless for the Kansas ladies in general :D. I am also pen pals with Jess McLenahan, we made a deal to read books on theology and discuss; I thought she'd given up on me when she sent my daughter a Cora dress, it was so sweet I cried. (She is the one at the macs, who lost her daughter to cancer at 11 months...). Anyway, a summer list is a great idea...

Oh, I wish you would do it! What does being godless have to do with craft weekend?!

That is so sweet about the Cora dress!!! I remember crying and crying and crying when I read Cora's story...she was born not too much before our blossoms, right? Sad

"mbowman" wrote:

I did a summer list the past two years. My teenagers now think it's lame but I may still do one.

On a side note, Meg Duerksen is from Newton, KS which is about 45 minutes from me. My BFF is good friends with her neighbor and they all socialize at times (bday parties, Halloween corn maze, etc.) She's so awesome and I hope to meet her in person some day. LOL (I'm star struck!! :D) Her summer list is going to be featured in a magazine this summer, I think Family Fun, but I could be mistaken.

Yes! Marcie, I think you are the one that originally linked to Cora's story and I found Meg's blog a while back from your blog roll list and loved it! I hope you get to meet both of them in person sometime!

"mbowman" wrote:

You should come too!!! I'll make towels for your kids. Biggrin

That would be awesome. Smile Haha, maybe in a couple years. Ooh, but I do still want towels - dh says I have to wait until a gift-giving holiday though. :rolleyes: I'll KUP on that!

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 03/16/15
Posts: 53852

Sorry, just seeing this now (dang porg doesn't alert me)...Being godless doesn't have anything to do with crafting, I just feel like it is a huge difference between me and all those lovely ladies, they talk about god a lot - but no, of course it doesn't matter, if I could go, I'd be first in line!!!

Yes, Cora was born in March, just before our blossoms, it really cut me to the quick, I remember finding out here and then I just got hooked on her site (after crying my eyes out), and I bought stuff on Etsy to fundraise for the playground. But I couldn't for the life of me get a Cora dress - they were always gone within SECONDS, and in the end Jess took pity on me and made Anna one. She is such a lovely person - sends me Christmas cards, would you believe! - and so is Meg, I just love them (well, cyber-love them, just like you ladies, lol).

Marcie, you will have to arrange for a hookup, not sure how...Yes, Meg is being featured in a summer magazine - I think it is just called Summer? - and wouldn't you love to be in one of her photo sessions?? I also want her kitchen, lol.

regdahl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/05/07
Posts: 777

LOVE it! We made one today and I will post a pic later. This is going to be so great to make the most of the summer and not let is slip away without doing anything. TFS!!

mbowman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/22/07
Posts: 1063

"MaxiMamma" wrote:

Sorry, just seeing this now (dang porg doesn't alert me)...Being godless doesn't have anything to do with crafting, I just feel like it is a huge difference between me and all those lovely ladies, they talk about god a lot - but no, of course it doesn't matter, if I could go, I'd be first in line!!!

Yes, Cora was born in March, just before our blossoms, it really cut me to the quick, I remember finding out here and then I just got hooked on her site (after crying my eyes out), and I bought stuff on Etsy to fundraise for the playground. But I couldn't for the life of me get a Cora dress - they were always gone within SECONDS, and in the end Jess took pity on me and made Anna one. She is such a lovely person - sends me Christmas cards, would you believe! - and so is Meg, I just love them (well, cyber-love them, just like you ladies, lol).

Marcie, you will have to arrange for a hookup, not sure how...Yes, Meg is being featured in a summer magazine - I think it is just called Summer? - and wouldn't you love to be in one of her photo sessions?? I also want her kitchen, lol.

I'd love to have her do a photo session! Another local friend of mine had theirs taken last year. She's amazing!

The craft weekend is major bucks (in my opinion). $465. Of course that includes bed, food, craft supplies. I've looked into that house they use every Christmas season for their crafty weekend and it's pricey, so if that's the same place, that's why it costs so much. I need to start saving my $$ now for a future one! I'm sure I could easily make arrangements to meet her, just need to do it! Smile

Candace, anytime on the towels!!:D

I made a summer list last night. Need to take a pic and post. And then hold myself to it!

missmaddiesmommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 8 months ago
Joined: 02/24/10
Posts: 81

Cute idea - looks like you have tons of fun stuff planned!

YooperGirl8's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 3 months ago
Joined: 10/24/08
Posts: 1095

This is my second summer of doing the list. I'm linking to the post in my blog, since I can't find the pictures I used.

http://throughgratefuleyes.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-list.html

mbowman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 08/22/07
Posts: 1063

Here's our list. I also posted on BBB, but since I'm oh so close to 5000 posts, I thought I'd post here too!

http://marcie-bowman.blogspot.com/2011/06/summer-list-2011.html

It's cool to see what everyone plans to do this summer! I think we should have a summer list thread and post pics of everything we do from our list. Not that we have trouble finding pictures to post!! LOL