What would you do?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: What would you do?

  1. #1
    Mega Poster krazykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    TN/KY Line
    Posts
    4,582

    Default What would you do?

    I have an appointment tomorrow and I'll be 39w2d. I know that if I ask for a check and for him to strip my membranes that he will (if he can get to my cervix of course).

    Would you do it? Or wait until 40?

    My reasons for doing it would primarily be because as a vbac, I just don't want any red flags on my file like going post dates, or increased chance of meconium that may put me more in the spotlight. DS went to 42 weeks and he had meconium, and I keep thinking if he hadn't gone so long maybe he wouldn't have had it, but he might have. No way of knowing really. I have had some contractions and maybe it would send me over the edge just enough to go into labor. There will be no induction as a vbac.

    Reasons for waiting: Maybe she's just not ready. It's really painful for me. I'm really not miserable or sick of being pregnant or anything like that. Of course I can't wait to meet her, but I've had a very nice pregnancy.
    Ariel & John: Military Family since May 17, 2006

    Sylvia: 12/18/08, Justus: 9/17/10, Bunni: 5/11/12, Surprise Baby: Guess Date 11/5/13



  2. #2
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,073

    Default

    honestly not sure, I have the same question right now (only without your vbac concerns) since m/w mentioned they talk about it at my next appt
    I had ds1 at 39w3d and he had mecomium so don't know if sweep will prevent that right now. I'll likely wait b/c I worry about causing my body to start when it's close but not quite ready. I had a relatively good first delivery though so I'm worried pushing things early will mess that up (after walking around at 2-3cm for a few weeks I got to hospital at 7cm so I think I "gradually" laboured which I'm certainly not complaining about)
    I'm also still fighting this silly sinus infection so I feel like crud
    sorry I realize that doesn't give you an answer, just wanted to let you know you're not alone in your decision and what my thoughts are
    LJ
    ds1 Evan ds2 Adam

  3. #3
    Community Host AnnaRO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    9,969

    Default

    I think I would probably go ahead with it, but I am weak and considering my recent birth experience, I completely understand the 'red flags' thing. I don't know if I'm a good person to answer your question right not. But being so close to your EDD and knowing how the medical community reacts to anything 'they' perceive as increased risk, I don't think I could resist the temptation to get things moving.

  4. #4
    Prolific Poster KET_2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,760

    Default

    If it was about how my pregnancy was, I'd do it, but that was because I was so miserable. With both of my girls I would've waited because I felt good throughout most of the pregnancies.

    What about getting the opinion of your OB to see what he thinks? Or maybe have him check you and if you're only a one or so, wait, but if you feel you're progressing well, than go for it?


    Katie and Tyler: 04/13/2010
    Isabelle Elaine: 10/07/2005
    Lorelei Evelyn: 11/01/2009
    Desmond Jensen: 03/23/2012
    Juno Ezra: 10/31/2013

  5. #5
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    8,439

    Default


    I personally would, but I also had a sweep at 37.5 weeks (baby was born that night). I am of the opinion that short of induction nothing will work unless your body is ready. Good luck with your decision.
    ~Janae
    Chase-13, Trey-11, Layton-9, Zander-5, McKay-3, Declan-1, Keely born 9/6/2012

    2/25/10

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions