So Monday I met with my Surgeon who will be doing my c-section, i have a scheduled date of April 17th if i make it to then that will put me @39 weeks exactly that morning. He was very kind and answered every question i could have.
Tuesday i woke up and was in agony, Contractions had decided to pay me a visit. As soon as i had my kids off to school and one off to having surgery to fix his broken nose i went to the hospital. I was contracting but not dialating but my contractions were 3 min apart. Eek. So they had to give me a shot of terbutaline to stop the contractions. They also did a quick ultrasound then that revealed that miss sadies water around her was only measuring @ 8.2 which is a little low. Concerning for me not so much for the drs. Mind you i have been taking the procardia round the clock since 29 weeks when i had my bleeding episode and they ended up having to stop my labor then as well. My dr at 29 weeks said if i went back into preterm again she would order the lung dev shots so i asked about those and so i started round one on tuesday.. Wednesday all i was suppose to go back for was a second lung dev shot but alas i was contracting yet again so i got to have another shot of terb to stop them and then my second lung dev shot. Yesterday morning i awoke again much like tuesday in agony, so off to the hospital i went again and so i asked them if i really had to get another shot of terb because it only seemed to be working for like 12-14 hrs to keep the contractions at bay, they said yes mam you need to because we need to stop this.. FFwd to a little later when the doc on call that was covering her decided he was going to call a high risk dr out of modesto california. That dr basically told him too much terbutaline can be toxic for the moms health as well as the babys sometimes and that he wouldn't recommend them using it anymore, and that since i have had my 2 lung development shots for baby girls lungs that they shouldn't try stopping me anymore just deliver me if i start contracting like that and dialating.. So please keep us in your thoughts, looks like Miss sadie will be joining us soon i just want her healthy and at this point every day she stays in and i don't go back into labor again is a good day.
I'm sorry you have had such a stressful week. I will definitely keep you and sadie in my prayers. Sending positive baby baking vibes your way!
WOW! What a long week indeed!! I'm glad that the high risk Dr caught the excessive Turb medication!! Keep baking, little miss. We can't wait to meet you but not JUST yet!!
Hugs, mama.. you're doing FANTASTIC!!!
How did the broken nose surgey go for whom ever underwent that?
Adriana, Spencers nose surgery went well he is my 12 year old and how he broke his nose was playing catch at baseball practice.. He also had a cyst in his sinus that needed to be removed.. His Ent is pulling him out of school for 2 weeks so no injuries happen to it while it is healing, he is also not allowed to practice with the other kids at baseball practice but he is still going for moral support and so he can learn the plays.. Thankyou Ladies this hasn't been an easy week at all, Lol probably TMI but since all this contracting has been happening now my boobs have been leaky faucets too @@ ... I keep telling them i dont need that stuff out yet lol but they aren't listening.
Oh my gosh, how stressful! I really hope that Sadie stays in a bit longer, but glad to hear that at least you have had a couple of the lung development shots, so hopefully if you were to go soon, she will be fine. I will be keeping you in my thoughts, and please keep us posted. Hope that you are hanging in there okay! (((hugs)))