How old are you?

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338
How old are you?

I have a sneaking suspicion that I am the oldest (or close to it) here.

I am 38. Smile

My OB chart said I was an "elderly multiparous." Lovely. I know 35 is considered advanced maternal age, but seriously being labelled as elderly? lol

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

LOL Cristan! Yikes, "elderly" at 38? That seems like a stretch. LOL

I'm 32. Only 6 years away from joining AARP, apparently. Blum 3

Joined: 08/15/12
Posts: 109

I'm 28.

Joined: 03/10/09
Posts: 546

I'm 28 will be 29 this December...very scarily close to closing in on 30...eeek!!!

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

I just turned 30. JUST. Hmph. When I was younger, I always thought 30 was like..."the" age to have everything together. Kids, married, big house, big yard, dog on the wrap around front porch, financially stable, looks like a model....LMAO

Then reality hit.

I guess the good thing is I still get carded at movies, I don't LOOK 30. So...maybe when I LOOK 30 everything will be together...lol

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

Haha Jessica. I like that. Smile

Joined: 07/26/04
Posts: 1595

32... Smile

ILoveMyMiniMe's picture
Joined: 12/11/03
Posts: 2333

:wavehello: 34. Biggrin

eliann's picture
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2439

Elderly? Wow! No way! 38 is young.

I'm 31. I'll be 32 when this baby is born. And we want to wait awhile for the 2nd (if there is a 2nd)...so I might be 38 when that happens!

jennyflem072207's picture
Joined: 03/25/07
Posts: 214

32:)

OkieMommy04's picture
Joined: 07/03/10
Posts: 511

27 Smile

tori729's picture
Joined: 07/23/07
Posts: 1743

28 here! And 38 is FAR from elderly!!
I have friends who are 40 and they really don't seem all that much older than me.

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

The more people that respond to this, the older I feel. I've always been the youngest doing things: The youngest person in my grade (cuz, you know..I'm super smart Wink ), the youngest supervisor at work (cuz I'm awesome LOL)...etc. But, when I got married to my first husband, he had a form of muscular dystrophy that could or could not be passed on to kids and we didn't want to risk it, so we decided no kids. Then I got with my current DH and ..we both wanted kids immediately. I feel like I wasted so many years ...now I feel like I'm racing against the clock to pop 'em all out LMAO

Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338

"babywings1" wrote:

The more people that respond to this, the older I feel. I've always been the youngest doing things: The youngest person in my grade (cuz, you know..I'm super smart Wink ), the youngest supervisor at work (cuz I'm awesome LOL)...etc. But, when I got married to my first husband, he had a form of muscular dystrophy that could or could not be passed on to kids and we didn't want to risk it, so we decided no kids. Then I got with my current DH and ..we both wanted kids immediately. I feel like I wasted so many years ...now I feel like I'm racing against the clock to pop 'em all out LMAO

Hey there! I still have 8 years on you...lol
We got married right out of college, but initially neither of us desired children. When we finally decided to go for it, it took a few years to have a successful pregnancy. I kept thinking if only we had started sooner we wouldn't have had so much trouble ttc.

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

sorry Cristan - I didnt mean it to come out bad sounding! When did you decide to go for it?

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

well, now I am depressed. Sad

I guess I am officially the oldest here and that just confirms all the anxiety about my age that I have been having with this pgcy.

I am 39... soon to be 40. I will be 40 before having this kiddo.

It hit hard when I sat in the dr office and the nurse looked at me and said... so this is your 7th pregnancy. :eeks: Yup, I guess it is.
This will actually be my 4th living child and 5th pregnancy to go long term.

This age thing has been bothering me sooo much. Sad

Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338

"Krlauren" wrote:

well, now I am depressed. Sad

I guess I am officially the oldest here and that just confirms all the anxiety about my age that I have been having with this pgcy.

I am 39... soon to be 40. I will be 40 before having this kiddo.

It hit hard when I sat in the dr office and the nurse looked at me and said... so this is your 7th pregnancy. :eeks: Yup, I guess it is.
This will actually be my 4th living child and 5th pregnancy to go long term.

This age thing has been bothering me sooo much. Sad

Welcome to the elderly club! I will be 39 in December so I am just behind you. What is stressing you about your age? For me I wonder what it will be like to have a teenager when I am in my 50's.

I am actually really glad to have someone join the club.

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

**Lurk** Ladies a lot of celebrities and even just women in general are having children in their late 30s/40s.. so don't be ashamed or let it bother you. In fact, I know a 41 year old that is pregnant and a 45 year old that will give birth soon! All babies are gifts from God and Blessings for sure Smile

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

Thanks Nidia... I try to remind myself this often.

Cristan- I am real nervous regarding my age. I just really want a healthy baby. I've had many losses and a stillborn and the Dr's have told me that as we get older the quality of the eggs are not as good and that my losses could be an indication of maybe not a very good pregnancy. In the back of my head I worry that something could be wrong with the baby. I am trying to remain positive but with my history its always in the front of my mind unfortunately as I am sure you've seen me mention my losses before. Sad so... as much as the age thing scares me... raising children into my 60's yikes!!! Right now it's the healthy baby thing weighing on me... then once he/she is here and healthy I guess I will focus on the age thing. LOL

I just picture myself walking this lil one into kindergarten and seeing all these 20 something year olds with thier 5 yo. LOL now thats funny. Fortunately I look younger than I am so hopefully no one will question if I am the grandma. LOL

Joined: 01/04/05
Posts: 543

I am 32, but have a friend who is 45 and hoping and praying for a BFP!!! Age is only a number, don't let it get ya down Wink

Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338

"babywings1" wrote:

sorry Cristan - I didnt mean it to come out bad sounding! When did you decide to go for it?

We started TTC at 29, we had a m/c then finally Sam stuck. Smile A few years into our TTC journey I had a lot of regrets about waiting. My Mom and other family members all were super fertile and had lots of kids young.

"nidia" wrote:

**Lurk** Ladies a lot of celebrities and even just women in general are having children in their late 30s/40s.. so don't be ashamed or let it bother you. In fact, I know a 41 year old that is pregnant and a 45 year old that will give birth soon! All babies are gifts from God and Blessings for sure Smile

Thanks! I am not embarrassed about my age, just feeling old these days! I am in a great circle of moms who all have had their kids in their mid to late 30's.

"Krlauren" wrote:

Thanks Nidia... I try to remind myself this often.

Cristan- I am real nervous regarding my age. I just really want a healthy baby. I've had many losses and a stillborn and the Dr's have told me that as we get older the quality of the eggs are not as good and that my losses could be an indication of maybe not a very good pregnancy. In the back of my head I worry that something could be wrong with the baby. I am trying to remain positive but with my history its always in the front of my mind unfortunately as I am sure you've seen me mention my losses before. Sad so... as much as the age thing scares me... raising children into my 60's yikes!!! Right now it's the healthy baby thing weighing on me... then once he/she is here and healthy I guess I will focus on the age thing. LOL

I just picture myself walking this lil one into kindergarten and seeing all these 20 something year olds with thier 5 yo. LOL now thats funny. Fortunately I look younger than I am so hopefully no one will question if I am the grandma. LOL

I can certainly understand your nervousness with your history. I am so sorry for your losses. My OB called me with my triple screen results last week and of course my risk is elevated. She almost seemed annoyed that I wouldn't consent to an amnio. I am just trying to relax and let God take control of this journey.

"2confused" wrote:

I am 32, but have a friend who is 45 and hoping and praying for a BFP!!! Age is only a number, don't let it get ya down Wink

Thanks! I hope your friend sees 2 lines soon!!

lmiller626's picture
Joined: 07/18/10
Posts: 206

I'm 30 and pregnant with my first, you are NOT old! Smile

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

Cristan- what were the numbers? I go for mine in a week & a half. At yesterdays apt the dr. talked to dh and I about the possibility of it coming back high risk was in favor because of my age. She was not alarming but very supportive. She said she didn't want us to panic if it came back high risk but wanted us to know our options and that there was a good chance because of my age. I'm not really sure what we would do. I think if I choose not to do an amnio the stress would way on me, however knowing the risk of an amnio... I don't think I could even open us to that risk again. I do admire your mind frame and positive thinking!

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

"Krlauren" wrote:

Thanks Nidia... I try to remind myself this often.

Cristan- I am real nervous regarding my age. I just really want a healthy baby. I've had many losses and a stillborn and the Dr's have told me that as we get older the quality of the eggs are not as good and that my losses could be an indication of maybe not a very good pregnancy. In the back of my head I worry that something could be wrong with the baby. I am trying to remain positive but with my history its always in the front of my mind unfortunately as I am sure you've seen me mention my losses before. Sad so... as much as the age thing scares me... raising children into my 60's yikes!!! Right now it's the healthy baby thing weighing on me... then once he/she is here and healthy I guess I will focus on the age thing. LOL

I just picture myself walking this lil one into kindergarten and seeing all these 20 something year olds with thier 5 yo. LOL now thats funny. Fortunately I look younger than I am so hopefully no one will question if I am the grandma. LOL

You should join us on the Pregnant After a Loss Board (link in my siggy) - we would love to be able to support you and we do know the uncertainty and fear that accompanies pregnancy after a loss or multiple losses. Smile

Also, I just wanted to say that I just learned that one of the other moms in my son's swim class is 42, which means that she had her daughter when she was 39. I was surprised just because I would have assumed that she was my age, easily. What I'm saying is, I think 40 is the new 30. Smile

Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338

"Krlauren" wrote:

Cristan- what were the numbers? I go for mine in a week & a half. At yesterdays apt the dr. talked to dh and I about the possibility of it coming back high risk was in favor because of my age. She was not alarming but very supportive. She said she didn't want us to panic if it came back high risk but wanted us to know our options and that there was a good chance because of my age. I'm not really sure what we would do. I think if I choose not to do an amnio the stress would way on me, however knowing the risk of an amnio... I don't think I could even open us to that risk again. I do admire your mind frame and positive thinking!

I was in a bit of a fog when she called me with the results. THis is what I think I remember Smile
She said I was high risk at 1:250 I actually think that is a great number! She then went on to say my age risks me at 1:120's. I am unsure if she meant age brought me DOWN to 1:120's or I was 1:120 by age and the test brought me UP to 1:250. Either way the numbers don't seem too bad to me. If the result had been 1:20 I would be a lot more freaked out!

The clinic called me yesterday to schedule a Level II US and a meeting with the geneticist. I have that scheduled for the 18th. I figured I have nothing to lose by closely checking over the baby for abnormalities and maybe we will find out the gender. Now that this is scheduled I have had a few moments of worry, kind of like what if they do find something?

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

"cristancanoe" wrote:

I was in a bit of a fog when she called me with the results. THis is what I think I remember Smile
She said I was high risk at 1:250 I actually think that is a great number! She then went on to say my age risks me at 1:120's. I am unsure if she meant age brought me DOWN to 1:120's or I was 1:120 by age and the test brought me UP to 1:250. Either way the numbers don't seem too bad to me. If the result had been 1:20 I would be a lot more freaked out!

The clinic called me yesterday to schedule a Level II US and a meeting with the geneticist. I have that scheduled for the 18th. I figured I have nothing to lose by closely checking over the baby for abnormalities and maybe we will find out the gender. Now that this is scheduled I have had a few moments of worry, kind of like what if they do find something?

I am trying so hard to remember what the numbers were with my dd that is now 2. I was 37 then. I remember there were no worries at all but now 2 years later the way dr's are talking that there is a great possibility of high risk... it amazes me 2+ years makes that much of a difference Sad

I'm glad that you are doing the follow ups. I am sure it will all be fine... those numbers aren't that bad i don't think. Go into it thinking that if they do spot something... it does give you the opportunity to plan ahead on the best health care / services you can get for your lil' one. Please keep me posted. I will be thinking of you!!! If you want pm me. Atleast we can keep up with each other seeing we are on the same page. I go for my NT scan on Monday the 15th. How long does it normally take for the results??

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

"Alissa_Sal" wrote:

You should join us on the Pregnant After a Loss Board (link in my siggy) - we would love to be able to support you and we do know the uncertainty and fear that accompanies pregnancy after a loss or multiple losses. Smile

Also, I just wanted to say that I just learned that one of the other moms in my son's swim class is 42, which means that she had her daughter when she was 39. I was surprised just because I would have assumed that she was my age, easily. What I'm saying is, I think 40 is the new 30. Smile

I was on PAL board when I was pg with dd that is now 2. It is a great place for support, I made several friends there that I still keep in touch with on FB. I haven't been on yet for this pgcy, I should stop in. It just feels weird because it's all new faces there.

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

Don't feel weird! We're friendly! Biggrin

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

Definitely friendly! We only bite on Sundays!

Krlauren's picture
Joined: 09/18/08
Posts: 125

LOL- Ok I will make sure I avoid Sundays!! Smile

Joined: 03/19/05
Posts: 338

"Krlauren" wrote:

I am trying so hard to remember what the numbers were with my dd that is now 2. I was 37 then. I remember there were no worries at all but now 2 years later the way dr's are talking that there is a great possibility of high risk... it amazes me 2+ years makes that much of a difference Sad

I'm glad that you are doing the follow ups. I am sure it will all be fine... those numbers aren't that bad i don't think. Go into it thinking that if they do spot something... it does give you the opportunity to plan ahead on the best health care / services you can get for your lil' one. Please keep me posted. I will be thinking of you!!! If you want pm me. Atleast we can keep up with each other seeing we are on the same page. I go for my NT scan on Monday the 15th. How long does it normally take for the results??

Sorry I didn't see this until this morning. The office called me 1 week after the scan with my results. Good luck on monday.
I am not nervous yet for my scan on thursday. I may feel different on wed night.