I thought this might be a nice way to gather all of our love and hopes and healing thoughts for Mari in one place. I have started a new group at the following website.
Light a candle - Candles
To light a candle for Mari:
1. Click on an unlit candle
2. Think about Mari and her baby and their family. When you're ready, click "Continue."
3. Write out your thoughts for Mari in the first box. In the next box, put your initials, in the last box, put the group initials. Our group initials are "ASP" (for April Sweet Peas") Note: If you don't add the group initials, your comments will not be included in the group. Click continue.
4. On the next screen, you can add your name and location. I used my screen name so Mari would know it was me. Click continue.
5. Finally, click on the candle's wick to light the candle. Our candles will stay lit for 36 hours, so let's try to keep them going for a couple of days (by redoing as needed) until Mari can see them.
Mari (and anyone else who wants to view the group messages):
1. Click on the "Groups" link at the top of the page.
2. Click on the link that says "ASP" (for April Sweet Peas)
3. There will be a link for each candle that is lit where you can read the message that the person wrote.
Much love to you Mari. (((Hugs)))
I, too, will be able to do this when I get home on my PC
Thank you for setting this up. It is a wonderful way to shower Mari with love & support.
To everyone -- I shared this with Alissa earlier. I'm working on having a blinkie created that you can include within your signatures. I'm hoping to be able to incorporate the baby's name as well. I've also reached out to Mari with some suggestions as I know some of you would like to be able to do something tangible. As soon as I hear back regarding her wishes, I will pass that information along and get things set.
For all of you - I know this type of loss impacts everyone. Please know that I am here for YOU as well. ((((((HUGS)))))))
If you want to PM what you want to say, I can try it from my computer. Tell me what initials you want me to put, and your location, and I will try it for you.
FYI - for those of us who lit on the first day, our candles are burning out. Feel free to light another if you would like to keep your candle burning a little longer.