More babies?

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
eliann's picture
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2439
More babies?

I think I have already asked before, but remind me who is having more and when do you plan to TTC, who is done and what are you doing to prevent and who is on the fence about having more?

eliann's picture
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2439

I would like one more, but I am on the fence about it. Financially it would make sense for us to wait until Henry is in kindergarten so we don't have 2 kids in daycare. But when he is 5, I will be 37. Just sounds exhausting to start all over in 5 years. If we could afford it, I would choose to have them close together and ttc when henry is 18 months-2years. But I loved having a sibling growing up. Dh is an only child and only wants one...plus he is scared of another colicky baby.

AimeeS1911's picture
Joined: 02/01/12
Posts: 636

We are done and the tubes are tied. Wanted two for many reasons but financial is huge. Just had on the news that raising a kid in MA is $300,000 from birth to 18 without factoring college

crazy j's picture
Joined: 10/08/07
Posts: 1162

DH is definitely done and I'm about 90% sure I'm done too. Most likely we won't have anymore, but the thought of that makes me a little sad.

Joined: 03/10/09
Posts: 546

We are done. I would have loved to have a 3rd of my own, but financially we just can't do it and with the age gaps it's hard. My step son who lives with us full time just turned 14 this past weekend, then our son together turned 7 at the end of July and now Kylie at 4 months.
My brother told me yesterday that him and his girlfriend are expecting their first in April and for the longest time every time someone would tell me they were pregnant I would feel this ping of jealousy in my heart and when we talked yesterday I didn't have that feeling at all. Actually after we talked one of my thoughts was...thank god it's not me this time. LOL So I am pretty good with knowing we are done having babies. Now I get to spoil my niece or nephew!!!!

eliann's picture
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2439

Dang Aimee, that's a lot of $$$. Why do kiddos have to be so expensive? Daycare, school, all of it, its so much money. I'm exhausted right now and not even sure why I'm in love with the idea of another baby, but I really do want another. Going to have to work on DH in a couple of years. Henry is a bit less colicky now (I'm afraid to fully say it for jinxing reasons) so maybe DH will change his mind soon.

Joined: 10/02/11
Posts: 1937

Dh and I want another one. Sooner..rather than later. Not NOW but maybe when Julie is one. Even though I'm scared just thinking about it, I want to go ahead and get the pregnancy part over with because this one sucked. We aren't stopping it..just letting it happen.

eliann's picture
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2439

Yay Jessica, I'm not the only one! But I'm way further out than you on when to TTC. Wow, you are JLIH, it could happen any moment now really. We are still not really DTD. We have twice now and it hurt and I stopped it after a few minutes. So abstinence is our prevention right now. Haha.

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

"crazy j" wrote:

Most likely we won't have anymore, but the thought of that makes me a little sad.

Same here. I am sure enough that I'm done that I gave away my maternity clothes, but the thought of never having another little baby after Reid gets bigger and never having a daughter makes me a little sad. But financially I just can't see having another one.

crazy j's picture
Joined: 10/08/07
Posts: 1162

"Alissa_Sal" wrote:

Same here. I am sure enough that I'm done that I gave away my maternity clothes, but the thought of never having another little baby after Reid gets bigger and never having a daughter makes me a little sad. But financially I just can't see having another one.

This is it exactly. I had a hard time adjusting to motherhood with my first and didn't really enjoy him as a baby. Now, I'm soaking up every minute and am sad that I won't get to do this again.

Elizabeth, once Henry gets a bit older and can do more stuff, your DH will start to really enjoy him. I bet you he'll come around after he's around 1 or so. Sometimes you have to see the results of the fussy infant stage to know that it's completely 100% worth every minute of it.

Alissa_Sal's picture
Joined: 06/29/06
Posts: 6427

"crazy j" wrote:

This is it exactly. I had a hard time adjusting to motherhood with my first and didn't really enjoy him as a baby. Now, I'm soaking up every minute and am sad that I won't get to do this again.

I feel the same way! With T, it was such an adjustment for both DH and I, and I felt really kind of lost and stressed for a lot of it. This time around I'm already in full on mommy mode anyway and I know what I'm doing (for the most part) so it's way easier even though it should be harder with two than it was with one. I now I know how very fleeting this time is. Everyone tells you to enjoy your babies because it goes by so fast, but with T when I was in the thick of it it seemed long. Looking back now though, it was over and he was a toddler in like a blink of an eye. I get that a lot more now. I can't believe our babies are almost 5 months! Reid will be 5 months old in 3 days. So so fast.

nidia's picture
Joined: 06/08/07
Posts: 1812

No more here, we are happy with our two boys! Yeah, the thought of never having a daughter is kind of upsetting but this is what God planned for our family Smile I agree, kids are very expensive. I am so glad mine are almost 5 years apart.. I think it's definitely made it easier on us for sure and when they grow up, I won't be buying 2 cars around the same time LOL!

crazy j's picture
Joined: 10/08/07
Posts: 1162

"Alissa_Sal" wrote:

I feel the same way! With T, it was such an adjustment for both DH and I, and I felt really kind of lost and stressed for a lot of it. This time around I'm already in full on mommy mode anyway and I know what I'm doing (for the most part) so it's way easier even though it should be harder with two than it was with one. I now I know how very fleeting this time is. Everyone tells you to enjoy your babies because it goes by so fast, but with T when I was in the thick of it it seemed long. Looking back now though, it was over and he was a toddler in like a blink of an eye. I get that a lot more now. I can't believe our babies are almost 5 months! Reid will be 5 months old in 3 days. So so fast.

I swear we're the same person sometimes, lol.

tori729's picture
Joined: 07/23/07
Posts: 1743

I *think* we want one more but there are things that will need to change for that to happen so we'll see. I've always wanted four kids (and I'm an only child and I hated it!) but Judah has made things a lot more difficult for us. Plus, we don't really have space for another one and we would have to rethink the school situation (DS goes to private school) if we did that. So we'll just have to see. I've never really thought about just having three but DH brought up that he almost doesn't want another one so I don't feel alone in this. Right now I'm on a medication that prevents my period until I stop taking it so we won't be preventing until then (probably when J is a year old). After that we just use NFP, condoms, and I use a diaphragm w/ contraceptive jelly. This method worked for us for two years.

OkieMommy04's picture
Joined: 07/03/10
Posts: 511

We don't plan to have anymore at the moment but I would love to have 6 more if I could! I always wanted 10 kid but it just isn't possible for us.