New to this board!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New to this board!

  1. #1
    Contributor Cortney6983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Thumbs up New to this board!

    Hello ladies! My name is Cortney I am 22 due April 19th with my first! I was on another site and the women started getting really nasty to some of the other members so I have been trying to find another message board to ask questions and bond with mothers to be!
    ILoveMyMiniMe likes this.

  2. #2
    Posting Addict ILoveMyMiniMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    44,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortney6983 View Post
    Hello ladies! My name is Cortney I am 22 due April 19th with my first! I was on another site and the women started getting really nasty to some of the other members so I have been trying to find another message board to ask questions and bond with mothers to be!

    There is NONE of that here on PO!!

    Welcome!!!! I'm Adriana.. Due May 3rd but lurk on April quite a bit because my DD came a little early.

    Tell us about yourself - and jump right in with chat.. conversation.. questions.. you name it.
    Cortney6983 likes this.
    Adriana --> <-- DH, Markus
    Liliana Nicole ~ 05.13.03
    Sam ~ 10.31.09
    Bram Alexander ~ 04.10.13

     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker




  3. #3
    Community Host eliann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Welcome to the board! We have a nice group of ladies here, so I'm happy you joined us! Congrats on your first. I'm due April 25th with my first. Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl? Let me know if you want to be added to the EDD sticky!
    Cortney6983 likes this.
    elizabeth & justin 10/29/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  4. #4
    Contributor Cortney6983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I am 22 birthday August 26th 1990, I am engaged to the father (23) of this little one! which is a girl (woops I should have mentioned that haha) her name is going to be Lilly Mae, My brothers wife is also pregnant due in 3 weeks and we have a close family friend (she considers me her little sister) who just had a baby about a month ago, I went to collage for cosmetology ( Although I did not like it much lol but I use the hair cutting/ coloring ect for side money) I do photography! I live with my parents (for now we are moving very soon after baby is born) I have a cat named Sin and a rat named Marley (after Marley and Me) I tend to ask a lot of questions about pregnancy since I will be a FTM I am not skinny, ( a bigger girl ) I am 31 weeks and 2 days today! I have an appointment Tuesday (regular one) The forum I was on was great until the women started getting rude about their answers and rude to other members for little things, I am glad this forum is better! Glad I can join you ladies!
    Last edited by Cortney6983; 02-17-2013 at 08:39 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Host eliann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    Lilly Mae is such a cute name! Love it! How funny, my brother's wife is also pregnant! She is due 4 weeks after me though. Both are boys, so my dad is getting is first 2 grandsons within a month of each other. So cool our kiddos will have cousins so close in age!

    I tend to ask a lot of questions too, which I think makes for a good active board!
    elizabeth & justin 10/29/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  6. #6
    Contributor Cortney6983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eliann View Post
    Lilly Mae is such a cute name! Love it! How funny, my brother's wife is also pregnant! She is due 4 weeks after me though. Both are boys, so my dad is getting is first 2 grandsons within a month of each other. So cool our kiddos will have cousins so close in age!

    I tend to ask a lot of questions too, which I think makes for a good active board!
    Thank you, I had a dream about her name before even knowing we were having a girl! I am having the girl haha my brothers wife and close family friend both boys it's nice having a few little ones to grow up with! it's kinda crazy to think it's not that much longer until we have our little ones






  7. #7
    Community Host eliann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,542

    Default

    I know, its crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone.
    Cortney6983 likes this.
    elizabeth & justin 10/29/2011
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  8. #8
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    I've seen another board where the members are kind of nasty to one another. I have NEVER had anyone be nasty to me on this board. Everyone has been incredibly supportive to me - and each other. I'm sooo ready for my LO to be here (well, in my head....for "real" I have NOTHING ready), but I'm really hoping this board doesn't just drift apart afterwards. I love to come on here and read about what's going on.
    Cortney6983 likes this.
    Jessica, Tim and Baby Julie

  9. #9
    Contributor Cortney6983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babywings1 View Post
    I've seen another board where the members are kind of nasty to one another. I have NEVER had anyone be nasty to me on this board. Everyone has been incredibly supportive to me - and each other. I'm sooo ready for my LO to be here (well, in my head....for "real" I have NOTHING ready), but I'm really hoping this board doesn't just drift apart afterwards. I love to come on here and read about what's going on.
    I am glad this one isn't bad, I really want a board I can ask questions and not see others being mean to someone else or myself for little things, I know how you feel about being ready! I am ready for her to come because I am sooo done being pregnant and ready for her to be in my arms but I am scared to be a mom and all the unknowns! I have quite a few things ready but I still feel like I need more to be prepared, my baby shower is Saturday I hope I get some more things to feel more prepared!






  10. #10
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    636

    Default

    Welcome... This is my second board on here and never had any issues!!! My other board died down a lot after but we went on to a private group on Facebook that we all still chat through!
    Cortney6983 likes this.
    Aimee & Patrick 7/31/04
    Avery Elizabeth 4/27/10


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions