Seriously, the end of this pregnancy has been just nuts!
Here is a quick recap for those who want to read about it:
I found out I am GBS positive and the top 2 antibiotics they use are ones I am allergic to. The GBS showed resistant to the third choice of antibiotic that is used. So we reswabbed and did a broader sensitivity screen and found an antibiotic that can be used. Thankfully I have taken this one before without issue. But it does take an hour to infuse and I have a history of precipitous birth, so I guess I head over to L&D at the first twinge!
I have had a horrible cough for over a month now. Last week the doc felt that I may have contracted pertussis. You are considered still contagious until you take the 5 day course of antibiotics. I finished them on Friday, so I should be in the clear when we deliver. I don't have the culture results back to know if for sure if it really is pertussis. But if it is, then this little guy will have great immunity to it!
I went in Friday for my biweekly NST and I had 3+ protein in my urine. BP and such has been fine so I asked them to see if I had a UTI. Yep. So another antibiotic started. Blech! I am hoping this helps with the leaking while coughing issue! I go back in on Tuesday for my NST and u/s. I may have to do a 24 hr urine if my protein is still elevated. :rolleyes:
On a good note, my blood sugar has been great with just a small amount of insulin and avoiding carbs as much as I can (I am so eating a whole box of girl scout cookies once I deliver!).
Today, I started getting cracks in my tongue and white spots. I am sure I am getting thrush with all these different antibiotics. It feels better after doing some salt water gargles, but I have a call into the doc to see if I should take something for this.
and to top it all off: I am finally starting to get the nesting urge and I am not even at home. Phooey! I moved up to Anchorage last week to await baby (125 miles from home). Our small town hospital does not deliver babies so all expectant moms go out of town for birth. Most do not go weeks ahead, but we decided it was the best plan for us. The road is often closed this time of year for avalanches, or blizzards/storms make driving very dangerous. Also Sam's labor was under 4 hrs and since this guy is still considered high risk we didn't feel a roadside delivery would be a good idea.
My mom flew in from Maine last week and took she Sam back to our home yesterday so he won't miss school while I am waiting. I am now staying with a friend who is benefitting from urge to cook, do dishes, and laundry! DH will come up on Saturday to wait the last week with me. If I go into labor this week he will just have to drive quickly so he won't miss it! My work was able to get me an office space right at the hospital (we are managed by the same company) so I plan to work right up until labor, then just go over one building to L&D. I have a few more critical items to finish at work, which I should have done by Wednesday. Then I will welcome baby!
Thanks for reading if you made it all the way to the end!