Tips for hospital bag or going to the hospital?
So, I was thinking today that one thing that I definitely want to do "differently" this time is take a shower before I go to the hospital if at all possible (I'm assuming that I'm going to have the normal 12+ hours labor like I had last time, and will have plenty of time to shower before.) I have pretty oily hair, and it looks fine as long as I shower every day, but it starts looking really terrible really fast after about 24 hours. Last time, I showered on Sunday morning, went into labor around 12 am Monday morning, and had T around 11 am Monday morning, and then didn't shower again until Tuesday. One thing I've always hated is that in all of the pictures from that first day, my hair looks soooo greasy. I know that is a completely dumb and superficial thing to think about, but there it is. This is the sort of stuff that I worry about. LOL So, I'm thinking that I will try to make a point to take a quick shower before I leave for the hospital this time.
Other than that, I was pretty happy with my choices for what to bring in my hospital bag, and will probably stick to the same this time around. I will bring:
1. Hair brush and hair ties (yes, I'm obsessed with my hair. Not in a good way. My hair is the worst. LOL)
3. Warm socks
4. My robe and slippers (this is for after the delivery, don't want to get them all bloody because I love them.)
5. Comfy change of clothes (still maternity - I did not get back to my pre-maternity size the next day last time.)
6. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, tooth brush and tooth paste, moisturizer, razor (it really bothered me to not be able to shave my armpits last time while in the shower at the hospital....lol....maybe I'm just a weirdo about really needing to stick to my personal hygiene routines...)
7. Books and movies (mostly for the evenings after everyone goes home)
8. Nipple cream and nursing pads (although my milk probably won't come in at the hospital - just in case.)
9. Newborn diapers and a comfy "going home" outfit for Rocket (likely just a warm sleeper with a onesie and socks)
10. Extra blanket for Rocket - while he's in his car seat and waiting to get in the car - I imagine it will be cold.
11. iPhone and wallet of course, and headphones for the phone so I can listen to music
That's all I can think of. Anyone else have any tips for things to do or must haves bring to the hospital? Things you will do differently this time?