I'm spending my ok-to-waste time pretty evenly between the following activities:
1) Looking at baby name websites and then getting overwhelmed because there are so many names - how will we ever pick the perfect one? I'll find a name I kind of like for a moment, find out that it's like #4 in popularity, decide that's too common, look at about 4 more names that are all weird and unpronounceable, and then give up.
2) Looking at maternity clothes online, then reminding myself that I have a whole maternity wardrobe from last time that I need to dig out from the basement.
3) Reading every single "Pregnancy Week by Week" guide on the internet. They all say pretty much the same thing, but it doesn't matter, I must read them all.
3) Googling "Belly shots 12 weeks" and comparing my own quickly expanding middles to other women's. Making excuses for why I'm bigger than Mommy A and making excuses for why I'm smaller than Mommy B.
4) Googling "risk of miscarriage at 12 weeks", reading a few horror stories, and then resolving to not ever google that again.
5) Going back to looking at names. Repeat, repeat, repeat.
What are you all up to these days?
I waste ALOT of time on projectnursery.com trying to get ideas for babys room. I have soo many ideas already!! I've also been crocheting little hats for both boys and girls. I figure i'll sell the ones I won't need. =D
Lmao....well number one search in my house is.... Week 4,5,6,7 and now 8 and no symptoms!!! I guess that each week I will find something but I don't!
Bahahahahahahahahaha Mari! Who knew that no m/s could be worse than m/s? After you see a gorgeous completely healthy bean on Wednesday, I hope that you are able to enjoy your lack of gagginess a little better.
Watching horrible TV after my son goes to bed! I have watched way too many episodes of the Kardashians.
I am trying to resist the urge to Google the scary stuff. I have also been trying to come up with baby names, since my girl name, the one I've planned to use for fifteen years, is now the #1 rising name in popularity and I'm not sure I can bring myself to use it.
Alissa, we do some of the same things! I waste time by:
1. Logging into FB, deciding I've already read everything and then log onto pg.org
2. Reading every bolded thread for the new info, wait 5 minutes and frown because there's no new info
3. Re-load FB, still have read everything on there.
4. Re-load pg.org, still have read everything on there. Decide I'll read birthing stories.
5. Google 11 week pregnancy everything, including miscarriages.
7. Get paranoid.
Oops, that's too honest. What I mean is, I clean in my down time, doesn't everyone?
This and just laying around looking at my stomach... like I'm waiting to see a little foot kick or something which is beyond rediculous b/c I'm only 8 weeks. hehehe
Leslie - That's funny about waiting to see an 8 week baby foot poking out of your stomach...any day now....
Haha Alissa! I do all of those. Although I think we are set on names. And being a first time mom, I am researching baby prducts like crazy. All of myfriends have a different opinion of what the best carseats, crib mattress, baby carrier, etc are. Its going to be hard to decide with all the opinions. I decided this weekend to start knitting a baby toy, that's the most productive thing I've done in weeks that doesn't pertain to my job. Its a stuffed monster thing. Feels good to do something creative. I haven't knit anything in nearly a year.
Oooh, a stuffed monster, how cute! I *wish* I was crafty, but the most complicated thing I can knit is a scarf. I'll knit the heck out of a scarf though! When I knit a scarf, it stays knitted. (Sorry, I'm in an extremely silly mood right now in case you can't tell.) Your post about researching baby stuff gave me an idea for another thread though.