Not trying to be mean..but stop asking! (Rant)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
BrokenPsyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/28/11
Posts: 192
Not trying to be mean..but stop asking! (Rant)

So my phone is going off all day and night with calls and texts from my mother, father, sister, grandmother and friends, all with one question..."is it time?!"

I know they are all excited, I am too...but come on. You don't need to call me and then text me 8+ times through the day. I will let you know! I'm trying so hard not to watch the clock or focus on when this little girl is going to come, I just want to let her come whenever she is ready. I'm getting stressed hearing the same jokes and questions over and over. Ive also got a lot of family members with birthdays and anniversaries this week and next so they all call to tell me (tomorrow is my birthday, could you have her tomorrow? My anniversary is on Tuesday so you should go ahead and have her then. Oh really?! I will get right on that!). Maybe I'm just grumpy because its hot and this pregnancy tendinitis has me on edge and oh yeah, I'm 9 months pregnant and ready to pop! But honestly family...relax! I promise I will call you and I appreciate the occasional check in...but they are turning stalker on me! I'm going to take DHs advice and put my phone on silent for a while. I don't want to be mean and yell at them for what I know is just excitement but I'm starting to dread hearing my phone go off!

sarahsunshine's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 12 months ago
Joined: 11/29/06
Posts: 1462

LOL - I know many people have problems with this... My personal reaction would be - I'll put you on the list of people to call as soon as anything happens... but every time you call you annoy me more so I will put you lower down and you'll be called later or relegated to the mass email the following day!

Then I would turn off the ringer on my phone and only have DH check messages!

BrokenPsyche's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/28/11
Posts: 192

"sarahsunshine" wrote:

I'll put you on the list of people to call as soon as anything happens... but every time you call you annoy me more so I will put you lower down and you'll be called later or relegated to the mass email the following day!

Oh dear, that seriously helped cheer me up! Thank you!

Sweet Pea Twins's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/08/09
Posts: 922

Ahhh, yes. We all deal with this at the end, I think. Here it work I am so sick of the, "Oh, you're still here?" comment! I mean, I'm only 37+6 today - I have a couple of weeks to go until my due date, even!

I would just be straight with them. When they call or text you, simply tell them that you are anxious enough as it is, and they're not helping. Then politely ask them to kindly stop asking - that you will be sure to let them know when it's time to do so. Most people (not all, but MOST) will get it and will respectfully leave you alone. And for those who won't: a cell phone on silent is GOLDEN. LOL

jaimelr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 01/09/10
Posts: 217

I was also finding this quite annoying. I don't remember this happens when I was pregnant with DS but it was pretty constant with Dd this time. Do people really think you are not going to let them know at your earliest convenience? That you may wai until the kid Christie's highschool at advise them? Seriously. Good luck. Call screening sounds like a good idea to me. Smile

Offline
Last seen: 10 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/17/06
Posts: 437

I work with about 500+ people. I have been there nearly 7 years so I know many of them. I get asked at least 10 times each day, "You haven't had that baby yet?" or "When do you plan to have that baby already?"

It's frustrating, however I'm so glad that my family doesn't call and text me like that because I would probably lose it. They know that I will text/call/Facebook them when it's time.

Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/06
Posts: 1316

I'd turn my phone off! Or start ignoring calls. Then when people are all "You haven't answered my calls" I'd be all "becuase you are annoying me!"

OR just send them this link

http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"azin_may" wrote:

OR just send them this link

http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

I was going to post the exact same link Smile

momW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 09/29/09
Posts: 5634

"BrokenPsyche" wrote:

So my phone is going off all day and night with calls and texts from my mother, father, sister, grandmother and friends, all with one question..."is it time?!"

I know they are all excited, I am too...but come on. You don't need to call me and then text me 8+ times through the day. I will let you know! I'm trying so hard not to watch the clock or focus on when this little girl is going to come, I just want to let her come whenever she is ready. I'm getting stressed hearing the same jokes and questions over and over. Ive also got a lot of family members with birthdays and anniversaries this week and next so they all call to tell me (tomorrow is my birthday, could you have her tomorrow? My anniversary is on Tuesday so you should go ahead and have her then. Oh really?! I will get right on that!). Maybe I'm just grumpy because its hot and this pregnancy tendinitis has me on edge and oh yeah, I'm 9 months pregnant and ready to pop! But honestly family...relax! I promise I will call you and I appreciate the occasional check in...but they are turning stalker on me! I'm going to take DHs advice and put my phone on silent for a while. I don't want to be mean and yell at them for what I know is just excitement but I'm starting to dread hearing my phone go off!

Be mean, they're being mean and making you feel anxious, even if they're doing it innocently!

And next time remember this and do what the rest of us evil people do and give a due date 2 weeks later or just don't give a due date like I'm doing. It's great fun. Nobody has any idea when to start bugging me. I'm 37+2 weeks right now but I NEVER tell people that, if they ask I just say sometime this month and hopefully not too far into September.

Offline
Last seen: 4 years 3 days ago
Joined: 01/09/12
Posts: 110

LOL - I know many people have problems with this... My personal reaction would be - I'll put you on the list of people to call as soon as anything happens... but every time you call you annoy me more so I will put you lower down and you'll be called later or relegated to the mass email the following day!

Then I would turn off the ringer on my phone and only have DH check messages!

I like this idea! Seriously girl, you don't need to have that and it is very annoying for people to keep asking. It's not like you aren't miserable enough! I would ignore them and they will eventually get the point.

Sweet Pea Twins's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 09/08/09
Posts: 922

"momW" wrote:

And next time remember this and do what the rest of us evil people do and give a due date 2 weeks later or just don't give a due date like I'm doing. It's great fun. Nobody has any idea when to start bugging me. I'm 37+2 weeks right now but I NEVER tell people that, if they ask I just say sometime this month and hopefully not too far into September.

OMG, this is freaking ingenious!! ROFL You are EVIL, girl! HAHA!

Allie01979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/10/07
Posts: 4706

hahaha, these are some great ones.

other than facebook I just tell people I'm due in september, that's it, no date.