Boy Names, need help! (lurkers too!!)

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/28/05
Posts: 246
Boy Names, need help! (lurkers too!!)

We pretty much have a girl name set but I went thru the boy name book cover to cover and all we might like is Henry. I need some more suggestions. I don't want to use the letter B since it would make his initials BM. I also don't want to continue with J names, but I didn't want to last time either haha. Our first two are Julian Theodore and Joshua Zachariah M****s.

So I am looking for anything you have seen or heard that you thought was nice for a boy. Unusual is good or traditional, or a cute nickname for a common name. Please share !!

morel_baby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 days ago
Joined: 03/04/07
Posts: 194

"SouthernMom" wrote:

We pretty much have a girl name set but I went thru the boy name book cover to cover and all we might like is Henry. I need some more suggestions. I don't want to use the letter B since it would make his initials BM. I also don't want to continue with J names, but I didn't want to last time either haha. Our first two are Julian Theodore and Joshua Zachariah M****s.

So I am looking for anything you have seen or heard that you thought was nice for a boy. Unusual is good or traditional, or a cute nickname for a common name. Please share !!

We like Owen, but it isn't set in stone if we even have a boy. Our friends also just named their baby boy Parker, which I like too.

Ethan
Ryan
Alexander- Xander

I do like Henry too!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/28/05
Posts: 246

I like Owen, but my husband is not into it. We have a cousin named Alexander and they call him Zander, it is cute though. The problem with Henry is that I am not sure it fits with our other names, it doesn't have a good shortened version (don't like hank), and it is hard to pair with a middle name.

Are you having any trouble choosing a girl name? They always seem so much easier to me but maybe it is because we don't have any girls yet.

morel_baby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 days ago
Joined: 03/04/07
Posts: 194

Girl names are incredibly hard. I honestly don't even have the slightest idea of what we will name the baby if it is a girl!

Charliesmommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 06/03/10
Posts: 61

I really like Henry! We have not even discussed names yet. I have a few ideas if it is a girl, but I have no idea what we would name a son right now.

ajmsMommy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/05/09
Posts: 288

I like all the PP's suggestions, and Henry, too. I've always had no trouble picking boy names and could never think of a girl name, this time, it's the other way around. Maybe a girl this time?

J names are just so darned cute, and I'm always drawn to A names, too. Some I like are Anthony, Caleb, Mason, James & Jeremy.

blissfulliss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 03/03/09
Posts: 337

Henry is such a cute name! Smile Then again, the only little boy I know named Henry is absolutely adorable lol.
Owen was my great-grandpa's name and my brother's middle name and I would have wanted to use it until a close friend "stole" it haha.

Our boy name is Nolan, but others we've liked are Caleb, Jared, Arthur or Isaac.

Isaiah is a cool name - one of my cousins named her son that. Some nicknames include Zay or Zez.
Another friend named her son Lincoln, and they call him Linc. Wink

Have you seen this site? Baby Names Popularity - NameVoyager: Baby Name Wizard Graph of Most Popular Baby Names | The Baby Name Wizard
It is so cool - shows names and when they were most popular, if ever... Smile You can also see which names were most popular during certain years, so it's helpful for giving fresh ideas.

eliann's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 days ago
Joined: 04/19/11
Posts: 2441

Henry will be our son's name. We also considered Samuel, Gray, Lucas and Amon/Eamon, Jude, and Malcolm. I also really wanted Julian, but hubs said no. Love that name!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/28/05
Posts: 246

"eliann" wrote:

Henry will be our son's name. We also considered Samuel, Gray, Lucas and Amon/Eamon, Jude, and Malcolm. I also really wanted Julian, but hubs said no. Love that name!

I like Samuel too, but not my husband. I think we have decided on Henry Luke, although it could change. We like how the meanings balance out (Henry "home ruler" and Luke: "bringer of knowledge and light"). Have you decided on a middle name yet?

Liss-glad to see you back, I was wondering where you went. I read your space and your path to parenthood has been an amazing journey!

devermee's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/24/06
Posts: 239

I'm impressed you are thinking names already - DH & I haven't really discussed at all!!! But I guess we didn't decide until later with the other two either Smile
It's weird how your tastes change with time - when pg with DD, I was pretty confident that if she was a boy, we would name him Isaac. Well, when picking names for DS, Isaac wasn't even a contender on our list of names!!

Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/28/05
Posts: 246

"devermee" wrote:

I'm impressed you are thinking names already - DH & I haven't really discussed at all!!! But I guess we didn't decide until later with the other two either Smile
It's weird how your tastes change with time - when pg with DD, I was pretty confident that if she was a boy, we would name him Isaac. Well, when picking names for DS, Isaac wasn't even a contender on our list of names!!

Our tastes have definitely changed over time, and you learn some things about names. For example, we liked Noah for our first, but now I am so sick of the first syllable (no) after shouting it for 7 years. Also, you can try to be different but it doesn't always work. Our son Zachariah always gets called Zachary, which REALLY bothers me.

We decided on a name early with our first, I just knew he was a boy. I don't think we ever had a girl name for him. With our second we had a girl name and then the ultrasound showed us he was a boy. It took us forever to choose his name, we almost left the hospital with him unnamed! I felt so bad about that, I think that is why I want to be ready. We don't share names with anyone until we introduce them to the baby (other than sharing here), so we have a while to keep the secret this time. Plus we could still change our minds.

Minx_Kristi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 01/02/09
Posts: 1261

Did you know that Prince Harry's real name is Henry? Wink

What about Lincoln?

xx