Alana had her GI follow-up on the 2nd. Pretty much everything has come back unremarkable other than the MRI showed some minimal thickening of the terminal ileum (small intestine). The doctor pretty much dismissed that and thought it was nothing. We are still waiting on the IBD stool results. He wants to continue with the EGD/colonoscopy and that is scheduled for the 17th of this month. He did say that he expects it to be negative and that he thinks she has IBS. I don't disagree, and we both agree that something has to be done to help her. He advised me to give Miralax daily because he thinks she's constipated (apparently I'm confused as to what "constipated" really means....) and to continue with the Hyomax as needed. Her follow-up is on the 23rd and at that time he'll probably make the official IBS diagnosis and change her medication. In the meantime I'm keeping a journal of her diet/symptoms to see if I can find some sort of correlation (and to show him on paper how bad it truly is). Since starting the Miralax her stools are completely liquid (and horrid smelling) but she does feel better. Her size still concerns both of us.
Yesterday Madi had her first appointment with the new Pulmo. Her chest x-ray was clear and her PFTs were good. He says she has a small airway and advises that she continue on medication until she is bigger and her airway grows. He expects her to outgrow her asthma which is what we've been told for awhile now. I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath. He looked over her sleep study report and said that her apneic events were within normal limits but her arousals due to limb movements were not. He diagnosed her as having Restless Leg Syndrome. I had to chuckle at that because my Grandmother, Mom, and I all have it so it makes sense. Apparently hers is waking her up at night so she isn't getting good sleep and that causes a whole host of problems during the day. He ordered some labs, mostly to check iron levels because low iron is a cause of RLS, but also because she has a history of sinusitis and inflammation. He also wants to repeat the sleep study so he can determine the severity of the RLS and how he should treat it. Good sleep is really important so I'm good with repeating the study. I questioned the validity of the last study anyway. She was such a good little patient yesterday and didn't even flinch when they took her blood.
So, looks like lots of appointments for the next few months but I also feel like we're on the right track with both girls.