DH Called The Drs.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: DH Called The Drs.

  1. #1
    Posting Addict wishing4agirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    13,111

    Default DH Called The Drs.

    DH got brave and called the doctors to see where were at with a plan. The cardiologist has been talking with the surgeon. From the sounds of things, I do believe I was correct about them not really knowing what exactly to do. Just nervous and trying to give it to God.

  2. #2
    Posting Addict gardenbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Elora, Ontario
    Posts
    9,509

    Default

    "just"? Man, you both have every right to be nervous!
    Glad DH took the initiative though. It is a tough situation for the doctors and surgeons. They're only human.
    Leo (3 1/2) with Malcolm the cat

  3. #3
    Posting Addict wishing4agirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    Yeah we probably should have called before, however, I was terrified. I told DH I would NOT be the one to call. I had even talked to the pedi about it. I'm actually glad she stays out of some of this. She treats him for the everyday things I need her too. But she even said she didn't blame me and understood my fear. I'm just glad they are talking and realizing something needs to be done. I just am very apprehensive about the S word. For obvious and not so obvious reasons. I don't think I need to explain the obvious ones. But I know Eli's heart and right now he's really stable, but once they do something to fix the blood flow to the brain that's going to change. Not necessarily immediately, but sooner rather than later. And THAT scares me just as much. Plus I'm concerned about what they might end up doing. I'm trying not to think about that part though (and doing a fairly good job if you ask me or anyone that knows me IRL). But in adults with this issue they would do heart bypass. The problem is where they would do the heart bypass is where one of his defects is and he no longer has those vessels, plus his age. So I think that is why they are not sure what to do. I am just keeping the drs and surgeons in my prayers for them to make the right decision. I'd rather wait a bit longer and have them make the right decision than do something just to do it and it be the wrong one.

  4. #4
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NY's Southern Tier
    Posts
    22,132

    Default

    (((hugs)))
    Natalie & Dan - June 2, 2001
    Samma - Nov. 5, 2004
    Tommy - Oct. 19, 2007




  5. #5
    Community Host sarahsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,375

    Default

    Lots of positive thoughts going your way...
    Skyler Dylan 22 April 1999
    Reed Aslan 17 June 2007 ~ 8 September 2008
    Ivy Rayne 3 May 2009
    Leo Spencer 2 Sept 2010
    Forrest Reed 15 Aug 2012


  6. #6
    Mega Poster isisgoddess_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    Hugs Angela. It is a tough situation. I pray things work out the best they possibly can.


    Joshua- 04/08/08
    Sofia- 06/10/09
    11/2012, 12/2012, 2/2013

  7. #7
    Posting Addict wishing4agirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    13,111

    Default

    Thanks ladies.

  8. #8
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    11,678

    Default

    Hugs! And prayers that the doctors make the right decisions.

    Deb ................. DH Norm
    DS Caleb, 13 ...... DS Patrick, 12
    DS Isaiah, 8 ......... DS Thomas, 7

    DD Cherish, 6....... DD Emily, 7\18\13 ....... Ripple, 17
    William, 14 weeks, 4/11/12

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions