Yay to getting that ac fixed! For $10 too. I'm glad you had a fun day outside with your DD!
~Joy~ DS1-8/5/05, DS2-10/18/10 (VBAC#1), DS3- 4/11/12 (VBAC#2!)
Sounds like a fun morning. My kids love the sprinkler, but 90's is HOT. Glad you got that ac fixed for so cheap!
And tell me, why do we stress about having a clean house when our mothers are coming to help us? I for sure stress out more about it when it's my MIL.
I always stress out about having my house clean when my mom comes. I don't even know why. She is coming to help. My MIL I don't worry about because she is not exactly a neat freak herself. Their house is pretty much always dirty and they don't have kids living there anymore.
I'm taking Audrey to dance class in a little bit. I usually do a 2 mile walk while she dances but I'm worried it might be too hot today. I really could use the exercise too. I guess I'll at least try and if it's too hot I'll turn back early. I'm not ready for this amount of heat this early in the year.
I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I know he wants to do a cervical check but I'm debating whether or not to decline it. I'm a little curious, but I doubt I've made any progress yet. I'm also curious about trying the hypnosis to make it comfortable, but I could do that next week too. What do you guys think? Should I just skip it?
If you don't want it done, then say no. You will be required to get the GBS test at your 37 week check, so the cervical check can just be done then. I had mine done at 36 b/c I was concerned about an infection and requested to be checked for that, so she went ahead and did the GBS and a cervical check at the same time. That made my appt this week super fast and easy. I don't think I'll be checked again until 39 wks.
I've already had my GBS swab (I'm negative!), so that's not a consideration. I don't know why, but my doc does it at 32 weeks. I guess I'll just wait and see how I'm feeling about it tomorrow.
The cleaning thing is so funny...I am totally the same way.
Yay for negative GBS! Personally I'd skip the check, because dilation (or not) doesn't really mean a whole lot at this point, and has the potential to lead to some kind of disappointment either way, which some say can actually slow things down (we are such mental beings!). But that's just me, of course!
I think curiousity is going to get the best of me. If my BP is up, which I expect it to be, I want to know. If I've made no progress (which I also expect) I may start EPO this weekend.
I'm really frustrated because emotionally I'm feeling so patient. I really want to let him bake as long as he wants to. Right now, I wouldn't mind going another month or so at all. But I feel like my body is going to let us down. If it was just a matter of my doctor pushing me for an induction, I have no doubt that I can say no. But the bottom line is if my BP is really high, I'm not willing to take even a small risk with his health. I feel like I've taken much better care of myself this pregnancy so it's making me even more frustrated that my body is doing the same crap it did with Audrey. Arrrr!
I'm worrying about this stuff a little prematurely because even if my BP is up today it's not like they'll want to induce me now. It'll just signal problems to come.
I know what you mean about preparing yourself for the long haul and a possible 2nd induction. I did not have any BP issues, but my fluid was decreasing rapidly at 40 wks 5 days. I also never made progress so I'm glad they are not doing regular cervical checks.
I wish I had your patience though. I am fully prepared to go 4 more weeks even though I am sooooo miserable, but I feel really depressed at the thought of 6 more weeks.