*~^~*Shannon's (MySweetAGL) Birth Lodge*~^~* - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: *~^~*Shannon's (MySweetAGL) Birth Lodge*~^~*

  1. #41
    Posting Addict MySweetAGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7,955

    Default

    Not anything too exciting going on. I did have her do the membrane sweep yesterday, but nothing has really happened. I've not had any more contractions than usual, but I have had some bloody mucous today. I really don't want to have to work a 12 hour shift tomorrow, so tonight would be a great night for labor to kick in!

    My next appointment is Monday because that's the only day I could get in. I'll be a day shy of 40 weeks, then the following week I won't go til I'm 41.5 weeks. Which means if I don't have much progress on Monday, it'll probably be decision time. She said they generally don't like VBAC patients to go past 41 weeks, but that we could try breaking my water as a form of induction if I don't go into labor on my own. She said a little bit of Pit would be ok, but then I'd have to have an internal monitor and one intervention leads to another (in her words). Which I guess is better than a c/s, but I really want to avoid all that if possible.

    Wish there was something I could do to evict this baby.
    *Shannon*
    Mom to A(7), J(5), E(2), Alex Joseph, born 8/3/11
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  2. #42
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,118

    Default

    Just try to go with your gut. Really... what's the difference in a uterus at 41 weeks compared to a few days later? Placentas do start to calcify a little, etc. that late in the game, but that has nothing to do with a vbac birth... it happens to everyone!

    You're right that a gentle induction is better than a scheduled section (I would have made the same choice), but the best bet is letting things happen on their own. Have you considered a NST and ultrasound to check the placenta rather than agreeing to set an indution?

    DD - Nov/06, DS - Sept/08, DS - Mar/11
    x2!

  3. #43
    Posting Addict MrsMangoBabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    Would your doc consider a balloon catheter or cervadil induction? Starting with breaking your water puts you on a clock...plus if I'm remembering you tested GBS positive, so it doesn't really make sense to me to open up your uterus to the possibility of infection if you don't have to, KWIM?

    I recommend you try as many natural induction techniques as you can before going in for medical induction. Hopefully you'll go into labor on your own before 41 weeks and you won't have to worry about it.
    -Brittany
    Doula, Childbirth Educator, and Mom to three adorable troublemakers
    Two time joyful Hypnobabies natural birthing mom
    My blog: Birth Unplugged

  4. #44
    Posting Addict MySweetAGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7,955

    Default

    She hasn't brought up induction, I asked her if we could go that route before c/s and that's what she said. I really hope it won't come down to that... I'm just worried that she'll want to set a date to decide by. I don't know about the balloon catheter - that's a good option for VBAC if I recall correctly. But Cervadil raises the risk of rupture by quite a bit, so that's not an option.

    I lost my mucus plug today! I know it could mean labor is still a week or more away, but it gives me hope. I never lost it til I was in labor with my first two. I can't believe how much stuff came out. Not exactly what I pictured when I heard about the "mucus plug". Sporadic contractions, and I'm hoping by tomorrow night I'll be in labor.
    *Shannon*
    Mom to A(7), J(5), E(2), Alex Joseph, born 8/3/11
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

  5. #45
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,453

    Default

    sorry I've been so mia. I'm just catching up on your lodge. the loss of your plug sounds VERY promising! if you dont go into labor tonight, I bet a sweep at your appt on Monday would do the trick to get things going!
    Molly & Elton 10/2/04
    Mary 5/24/06, Celia 6/9/09
    Baby #3 due 6/21/13

  6. #46
    Prolific Poster strawberryshortk86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,310

    Default

    yay for the mucus plug!!! Progress!
    Cursive Fonts Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married March '08. DS Anthony born July '09 and with Baby #2 EDD 3/27/13


  7. #47
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    14,118

    Default

    Woohoo for mucous plug!

    DD - Nov/06, DS - Sept/08, DS - Mar/11
    x2!

  8. #48
    Posting Addict MrsMangoBabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    I knew cytotec increased the risk of uterine rupture, but I didn't know cervadil did. I just did some research and learned that it does. I am always learning new things. In the research I just did, I can see the logic in using low dose pitocin because you can turn it down or off if the contractions are too strong, but you can't do that with cervadil. I can also see that rupturing your membranes before starting pit might make sense because if that is enough, that's all you have to do, but if you need the pit then if the water is broken you can use an internal pressure monitor to get a better reading of the strength of the contractions from the pitocin. It's a very slippery slope, though.

    yay for losing your plug! That's a good sign!

  9. #49
    graysonsmom
    Guest

    Default

    I'm curious it we have a baby?! It's been a while since we saw you here, hope all is well.

  10. #50
    Mega Poster perkyblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    She posted on the June board last night, so I don't think anything's happened yet -- at least not as of 7:15 last night. I hope something happens for you soon so that you've got a better chance at a successful VBAC!
    ~Darci, Certified Cruise Consultant
    Mom of Kevin (6) & Julia (1)


    Book with a professional for the best rates & service!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions