Yes I'm planning on going in for the induction in the morning. It's kind of a dark cloud over the whole thing because I do know how much harder it makes things. But I'm comfortable with the decision. I know my BP is rising (personally I think it's just due to a bit of anxiety - but I'll play nice with the OB ) - as long as it's on my terms. Cervadil is my terms. I'm still hoping to be able to come home after the insertion and labor how I want to. I'm also going to ask if there's anyway I can get the antibiotics for being GBS + before I go home so I'm not stressed about getting back too early. I'm not sure how exact it needs to be.
I know with Adelle we waited to 42 weeks but because I was so sick we believe my body just shut down - I was also faced with being transferred to an OB's care at the time. Not that it really matters this time. Interestingly enough I was completely over my sickness once I birthed her. Now I'm faced with that same situation. Do I wait? It may be something that my body just won't do on it's own while I'm sick - and it's so hard to get better when this little life force is draining you of all immunity. While it is very much harder than a spontaneous birth - it is still something I know I can still handle med-free and hopefully I will be able to get better from this respiratory illness that has plagued me for the last almost 4 weeks!
This is last ditch effort day. Aside from cleaning my house I'm trying everything I can think of. We'll see if anything I can do can get things going tonight! Wish me luck!
Exciting times!!! Best wishes tonight...but no matter, the outcome is the focus! I hope your OB listens to all your wishes.
Get your camera ready for baby photos soon!
Ivy, Leo and Forrest - May 2013
I love the belly pic with your kids. I hope everything goes well. I'll be thinking of you.
Hadley Christine: 05/17/2008
Malia Rose: 08/14/2010
Blog: Our Jones Family Experience
the belly pic with your kids is gorgeous! Good luck trying to get things going! Only you can make the right decision for you, and if you feel that induction is the right decision for you, then it is, and that's that. I think it is great that your OB is willing to do it on your terms and I'm sure you will ask all the right questions to make that happen and make the best decisions for you and your baby.
Oh, exciting day for you guys! Hopefully you made it in for the Cervadil, and hopefully you're now at home labouring! Heck, you could even be holding your baby by now! Ooooh, please KUP if you can, but if you're too busy labouring, that's OK
Looking forward to your updates!
Cervidil went in at 8:30am and I went home around 10:45 where we've been hanging out for awhile. I guess I can be thankful that it's not as intense this time but I feel like things are going so slowly. I've been in early labor since about 2:00 or so. I'm still hoping that this baby will have it's own birthday rather than sharing Hunter's which is tomorrow. It's going to be a long long evening/night
ELVs, Connie! Your baby will be here soon!