Could you have your midwife/doctor do another membrane sweep? I've heard of that getting things going. Even if the first one didn't work sometimes continuing to irritate the cervix with them will induce labor.
DS1-7/18/08, DS2-2/23/10, DS3 1/18/12
TTC in fall/winter of 2014
Those pics of your daughter are just precious. Very cute! I think with the managed care that ob's practice now a day's you will have a tough time finding research to fit your situation. Just hang in there and know that you are doing what you can to make sure your babies are safe. Hugs!
Good afternoon - just though I would update from my appointment this morning.
So everything went well, just as I thought. BP 100/60, trace of protein in urine but nothing to worry about, babies head down and FHRs 135 and 130bpm. The CTG was good, both babies reacting well and nothing to worry about. Had cervical check as I had another sweep - cervix posterior, 50% effaced and still 2cm but the midwife said it was EXTREMELY soft....just like "mush". Baby A is posterior at the moment (grrr) so wasn't coming down fully onto my cervix, the midwife reckons that the cervix will just "melt away" when we get some more contact.
Had a pretty vigorous sweep which has caused some increased discomfort in my back, thighs and pelvic area. I feel very "menstrual" and a little irritable at the moment so I am not feeling myself. DH is keeping the girls occupied so that is helping me as I feel the need to concentrate on myself. Since I need to get baby A into a better position, I am on my hands and knees for the rest of the day - hopefully this will speed things along a little. I can't get comfortable in any position at the moment so I may as well be in the optimal posture to get baby A better engaged.
We discussed the plan for the OBS appt on Monday. My midwife agrees that there is no reason that I need to be induced at the moment and that the OBS is just getting twitchy to "cover his own arse" - she also feels that waiting is the best option at the moment. We are going to do another CTG immediately before the appt on Monday to take along to the clinic "prove" that babies are healthy and there is no immediate need to act. In the meantime, I have been given some natural homeopathic remedies and information on acupressure to facilitate induction so will give them a go over the weekend. I have also got some enemas given to me if I chose this option but not feeling that desperate yet
With any luck, the sweep earlier will do the trick
DD3 & DD4 03/11
You are amazing. Happy weekend!
DD 8.03, DD 6.05, DS 3.07, DD 5.09, and DS arrived 6.17.12
Hoorah for mushy cervix! lol
C'mon full moon, you have some babies to help pull out!
DD - Nov/06, DS - Sept/08, DS - Mar/11
that's great news that your cervix is 'mushy'. Hopefully the super full moon will help pull baby down a bit more!
Tiff + Bobby 8/22/04
Sooo how are you doing?
You are amazing making it this far with twins! Hope baby turns for you.