*~*~ Jules' (kiwi_babe) Birth Lodge~*~* - Page 24
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 332

Thread: *~*~ Jules' (kiwi_babe) Birth Lodge~*~*

  1. #231
    Mega Poster mandora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    I agree with the others - if anything, you're a superhero for your body to keep twins baking so long!! That's the opposite of failure. I think what you need to do is evaluate how YOU feel, what YOUR options are, and make the choice that's best given what you know (simply given the lack of resources out there, you've got to go with what you have). Your body WILL eventually go into labour, that's a given... but 'when' is open to discussion. Weigh the pros and cons, the risks and benefits, and decide based on that.

    Every pregnancy is different and I think it's awesome that your OB at least admitted that he can't find anything to make an evidence based decision either. I would use that if you decide you don't want an induction - simply tell him that if he can't provide evidence that it's a GOOD idea, then how does he know it's not a BAD idea?

    And if you do need/want a jump start, and have come to that conclusion based on what you think is right for you and for babes, then own that and move forward. I consented to a shot of pitocin during labour to kick my contractions into productive and regular contractions, because I was getting exhausted by contrax which weren't doing much. Sometimes interventions can be helpful - it's simply managing which ones are legitimately needed/helping and which may lead to the cascade of interventions ending in a cesarean/other major intervention which could have been avoided.
    ~Manda~
    Married to Mark 05.25.07
    DD Stella Gabrielle - 12.31.07
    DS Sebastien David - 01.06.09
    DD Selene 'Lilu' Katherine Alice 03.16.11



    Homebirthing, breastfeeding, attachment parenting momma

  2. #232
    Mega Poster Mom2ThreeKiddos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,785

    Default

    Awww hugs to you mama! You are NOT a failure. You need to do what you feel is right in your heart. I am so sorry about the tummy problems. Really you are doing so great. Hang in there hun!
    Christy birth doula, Hypnobabies instructor, small business owner & most importantly MOMMY.

    http://nurturedbabyboutique.com



  3. #233
    Volunteer Community Host Allie01979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    18,804

    Default

    I hope you're in labour now or holding your wee ones.

    I was 2 cms and soft with William they only had to use the gel and it did it's thing they broke my waters at 4cm and baby was here 45 mins later. it sounds like your body is doing its thing and if it comes down to it the gel may just work. I did not want pitocin either. I hope you don't have to go that route, but if you do, I hope it's just as fast as mine. YOu're doing amazing, these babies will be here before you know it and then you'll be wanting them back in LOL.
    Allie




  4. #234
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    711

    Default 40w1d

    I just need to write this first. I am - according to the medical professionals - OVERDUE with twins! Hehehehehe

    Thanks for all your support. I had a really tough few hours yesterday trying to make a decision and did feel like a failure. I don't now. DH took the day off work (the girls were in Day Care for the appts and we extended their time to give ourselves some grown up space) and so we went out for our meal that we failed to attend the night before .

    I wish that it was as simple as just waiting. I live in a small town with three obstetricians and the nearest hospital (other than the one in my town) is 1.5 hours away. There are three obs here who have all been "discussing" me, as apparently, I am a freak of nature . Each has their own idea about what should happen with me. One is automatic c-sec, one wants to do AROM and syntocinon (pitocin) and the other prostaglandin. I know I could decline all of these options and just wait.

    However, I have decided to go for the prostaglandin this morning. It might help to get things going (especially as I AGAIN had contractions overnight which never went anywhere - I kept hoping!) without any other intervention and that is the best scenario for me at the moment. I am not then committed to going the entire way if I change my mind and I can come home again if it doesn't work rather than going down the cascade of interventions with the other options. I think it is the right thing to do.

    Allie - I am hoping for a similar outcome with the gel, which is what the obstetrician feels is a highly possible outcome.

    It is really surreal to think that I could be holding my babies in a few hours...this will probably be my last ever morning pregnant! If you can believe it, DH and myself still haven't even agreed on names! I guess it may be easier when we meet them and find out what they are....here's hoping .

    Will keep you updated as I can
    Jules

    DD1 09/07
    DD2 05/09
    DD3 & DD4 03/11

  5. #235
    Mega Poster Mom2ThreeKiddos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,785

    Default

    Of those options I think you made the right choice. I hope it goes fabulously and you have your babies in your arms soon!
    Christy birth doula, Hypnobabies instructor, small business owner & most importantly MOMMY.

    http://nurturedbabyboutique.com



  6. #236
    Eathan'smommy
    Guest

    Default

    I really hope that's the jump start your body needs and then its full force labor. You will be holding those babies soon! I can't wait to hear an update!

  7. #237
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    It sounds like you've made a well thought out and reasonable decision! You've done amazingly growing those babies for the full 40 weeks... That alone deserves some huge congrats

  8. #238
    Posting Addict pico83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,696

    Default

    Sounds like you really thought through the options and made a good decision! I hope the gel works and you're holding those babies very soon!
    big boy 12.8.07 @ 39+2 7lbs 8oz, 20.5" BFed for 13 months
    middle boy 8.12.09 @ 39+4 7lbs 9oz, 21" BFed for 13.5 months
    little boy 4.26.11 @ 38+4 6lbs 14oz, 19.5" BFed until 26mo and restarted at 30mo!
    baby boy 10.25.13 @ 41+0 8lbs 15oz, 21.5"
    8.16.12 & 12.16.12


  9. #239
    Posting Addict marymoonu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    OH-IO
    Posts
    13,650

    Default

    I hope the gel does the trick and you're holding your babies in the very near future!! You've done an awesome job at baking those babies. Good luck on reaching real labor soon!

    Sean Thomas - 6/30/09 @ 7:17pm 8lb 8oz, 19", 40w5d
    Calvin Michael - 2/28/11 @ 7:39pm 6lb 8oz, 18", 37w5d
    Nolan Matthew - 5/1/13 @ 11:54pm 6lb 4oz, 19", 38w4d

    May 26, 2010 - 7w1d

  10. #240
    Mega Poster mandora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    ontario
    Posts
    4,681

    Default

    I hope this works for you and out they come!
    ~Manda~
    Married to Mark 05.25.07
    DD Stella Gabrielle - 12.31.07
    DS Sebastien David - 01.06.09
    DD Selene 'Lilu' Katherine Alice 03.16.11



    Homebirthing, breastfeeding, attachment parenting momma

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions