*~*~Welcome January Bundles: Arrivals and Birthstories~*~* - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: *~*~Welcome January Bundles: Arrivals and Birthstories~*~*

  1. #11
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2005


    Hey girl's it's been a week since Isabella's birth but I haven't been able to get online to post.

    Isabella Faith
    1/6/11 4:19 pm
    7lbs 4oz
    19 1/2"

    On Thursday, January 6, I woke up and got ready for work like usual but just before leaving I had a contraction that was strong enough I didn't feel like I could move, once it passed, we headed out. Worked like usual and had some contractions off and on, usually 10-15 minutes apart but around 11-12 they were getting a little more painful and so I decided I would go home at lunch time (1pm). I went to my Grannie's and ate lunch like usual, contractions were 10 minutes apart and painful enough to bring me to tears. Left at 2:30 and picked DD up from school. We got home just before 3. I decided to call the Dr.'s office to find out when I should go to the hospital but had to leave a message. At that moment, contractions jumped to 5 minutes. I went to the bathroom and started bleeding. So I told my mom we need to get someone to watch the kids and go on to the hospital. DH called MIL, she came right away and we left around 3:30 for the hospital. We called L&D to let them know we were on our way. At 4:05, DH pulled up and we grabbed a nurse with a wheelchair and she wheeled me up while DH was parking the car. Put me in a room and checked me and I was complete, 10cm and 100% but my water hadn't broken, so they quickly wheeled me into the delivery room and put me on my side to slow things down until DH could get up there. As soon as they rolled me over my water broke. They said, don't push! Just then Dh walked in, "I'm here, I'm here!" They rolled me over and it was time to push. I pushed once for her head and once for her shoulders and body. She was born at 4:19! That was the quickest and easiest labor I've ever had! I got to miss out on all the fun of an IV but I did get a shot in my hip to help stop the bleeding. Isabella is as healthy as can be and had apgars of 9 & 9. She is a great nurser and has a great disposition....so far
    Now, a few pictures:
    Last belly pics taken at work on Isabella's birthday

    Isabella Faith

    Isabella with Mommy

    Isabella with Daddy

    Isabella with Daddy and Big Sister, Alayna:

  2. #12
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beautiful Sierra Nevadas!

    Default Gideon's birth story

    Gideon Emerick
    born: 1-12-11 at 6:13 am
    weight: 9 lb 5.3 oz

    A little over a month ago, when Gideon dropped, I started having serious hip pain, making it difficult to walk. At the same time, I started having some early labor symptoms. Mostly because of that, but also due to some more practical concerns, we tried to induce at home about three weeks ago, but the induction failed. However, I did start having contractions, lost my plug, and dilated further than I already was. But my progress was stuck. We went to l&d twice, but they sent me home both times. And the main ob there refused to see me either at the hospital or at his clinic because my prenatal care had been sporadic.

    Ultimately, dh got worried about me and found a different ob who saw me on Thursday. He confirmed that everything was fine with Gideon and agreed that my desire to induce was prudent. We scheduled for him to break my water on Tuesday morning.

    On Tuesday morning, I called the hospital to make sure there was room for me, but the head nurse turned me away. She made it very clear she just didn't want to deal with me. Instead we let the ob's clinic handle rescheduling for the next day. Meanwhile, Gideon had adjusted such that his head was putting a lot of pressure on my rectum, resulting in constipation. So on Tuesday night, I took a single dose of a laxative to clear me out, but also hoping it would get things rolling with labor a little a) so the hospital couldn't turn me away again, and b) so things would go faster with the induction.

    Around 2:30 Wednesday morning my contractions were impossible to ignore, but irregularly spaced. By 3:30, I had to lie down because of them, but they were still irregular. By 4:30, I had to be on my hands and knees to get through them and was vocalizing. While they were still irregular, I was finally convinced I was in labor. We live in a second story apartment, so I told dh we should think about heading to the hospital while I could still walk down the stairs safely.

    It took dh a little while to get everything (and ds) ready to go, and I called my mother (who was visiting to look after ds during the birth) to tell her to meet us at the hospital. We left home a little after 5am.

    I did not put on my sweater until I got in the car, because the contractions had me overheated. So by the time I got in the car I was shivering and shaking. At the time I didn't think anything of it, but I found out later that it was also transition.

    On the drive down to the hospital (about 30 minutes, because I was feeling nauseous and told dh to drive slowly), dh let the hospital know we were on our way in and the nurse had me answer some questions between contractions, which were still ranging from 3 to 5 minutes apart. Once I was off the phone, however, they intensified to the point that my moaning gave way to screaming.

    I got to the hospital around 5:45, and we got a parking space right out front. Dh got a wheel chair for me, although I had to stop and get out of it in order to handle the contractions. My mother met us there and took ds to the waiting room. I stopped four contractions four times on my way to the hospital bed. But I still had a decent break between each contraction and was able to answer questions and undress myself. Dh and I honestly thought that I was just getting close to transition and that I had a few more hours to go (based on prior experience).

    When I got onto the hospital bed, I went straight to hands and knees, as that is the most comfortable way for me to labor, and the nurse checked me: 9cm, bulging bag

    They put the fetal monitors on me (as I expected, the worst part of the whole thing was wearing those) and inserted a needle in my hand in anticipation of giving me post partum pitocin via iv. They also warned me that the on-call doctor might catch the baby, but that they had called my ob and he was on his way.

    I still had a decent break between each contraction, which was nice, but it also kept me from getting used to the labor pains the way I had with ds. In the end, the contractions never wound up one on top of the other.

    I think I had four or so contractions before my ob arrived. The one before he arrived, I felt something slide down (my bag of waters), and my waters broke gently and dribbled out under me where I could watch. The fluid was green. I know I was in another contraction when the ob arrived, and I decided to turn on to my back around then as I couldn't keep my arms from shaking. The next contraction I felt really constipated, which I correctly determined meant it was time to push (I was confused at first, because the urge with ds had been a violent and involuntary one, and this was very different). With the contraction after that, I felt the "ring of fire" and decided to keep pushing to get the head out with this contraction and do the body in the next. So I pushed until I felt the head come out, but the contraction hadn't ended yet, and I pushed the rest of Gideon out at 6:13 am (about half an hour after I arrived at the hospital).

    I'm told that the ob barely had time to get his gloves on before catching Gideon.

    Gideon came out purple and pooping (just like ds), but hopping mad, and apparently decided to focus on screaming rather than breathing The ob put him on my belly, but the nurses couldn't get his mouth and nose all the way clear that way (they tried) and had to take him to the warming tray. We did get to wait to cut the cord the way we wanted, though.

    Gideon had aspirated about 20 cc's of amniotic fluid and meconium, which the nurses had to pump out in THREE tries.

    After I pushed out the afterbirth, the doctor cleaned me up and decided I did not need any stitches The nurses also found that my laboring position had dislodged the iv lock in my hand, so the post partum pitocin was administered as a shot to my thigh.

    We were kept for observation for 24 hours. I was more than ready to go after about four hours, but I wanted to make sure that Gideon's breathing and lungs were ok. I was also concerned for the rest of the morning, because the soreness of his throat kept him from trying to nurse until around 11am. But after that he started nursing non-stop! He has a great latch, and no trouble nursing in a variety of positions!

    I'm feeling great. I'm only vaguely sore "down there," and have been relatively active since the birth. And my bleeding is fairly light. It was a wonderful, if surprising birth, and I'm very happy with the experience.

  3. #13
    Prolific Poster lby_mommyof3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007


    Shaylee arrived on Wednesday, January 5, at 1:50 am. She was 7 lbs., 12 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. (At least that's what DH told me, but they wrote it down as 19 inches, and I haven't taken the time to measure her myself).

    The story...I went to the doctor on January 4 for my routine check-up. Dr. stripped my membranes--ouch, that was a bit more tender than I remember! My appt. was in the afternoon--2:15, or something. We came home afterward and spent some "quality time" and I took castor oil (I still gag just thinking about it). I started having some contractions throughout the afternoon / early evening, but nothing timeable. So we had dinner, got the kids to bed, etc., just our normal evening for a school night. Around 9-9:30, I started having more contractions, but they were still pretty far apart. I fell asleep on the couch for a little while. Around 10-10:30, we started timing the contractions and paying more attention to how long they were lasting. They were more consistant by this time. Then, around 11, we really started paying attention. The contractions were getting harder and closer together--3 minutes apart...but I wasn't sure what to do because some of the contractions were really short, but hard at the same time. I went and lay down around 11:30. DH wanted to know what I wanted to do. We decided to wait it out until 12:30 and see what happened. Well, around 12:05, I got up to use the bathroom and in the short amount of time that I was up, the contractions were getting even harder and closer! We needed to go NOW! We had the neighbor come over and stay with the kids and headed to the hospital. On the way, I was trying to really focus on my breathing--that helped me get through the contractions. My hands were feeling a bit numb. We arrived at the hospital around 12:50. I was dilated to a 5, almost 6, 75 % efaced, & baby was +2 station. They got me situated in my room, DH answered almost all of their questions, and Dr. was called. When Dr. Harling arrived, he checked in and ran to change. When he came back, he was going to check to see how dilated I was and break my water. Well, he checked me, I was at a 9, so they got the table broke down and ready. He turned around to get the hook to break my water, I said I needed to push, I pushed, and my water broke...all.over.the.doctor! Poor guy! I pushed once more and her head was out (as well as the rest of the water--which also went all over the doctor), but she was quiet. It took a minute for them to get her mouth cleaned out enough to make any noise. Then she was officially here! I got to see her / hold her, but couldn't do much because I was so shaky. They ended up having to tube her and basically pump her stomach out. I think she got 7/9 for her apgar. She was ready to eat shortly afterward, though, and has done well ever since.

    As for me, I tore a little bit, and had a few stitches, but I am doing well...just feeling a little bit overwhelmed at times.
    We went home on Thursday morning.
    On Friday (1/7), I ended up back at the dr. office because I felt so dizzy! Come to find out, I have some vertigo. Dr. told us that sometimes pregnancy causes it. Lucky for me, I have it. It is more annoying than anything, but I'm dealing with it.
    We are enjoying our sweet baby girl! She is so fun! I am truly in baby love!

    Shaylee's 2nd bath at home

    And a week and a half after Shaylee was born, here I am!
    Cami-11, Jenna-8, Hayden-6, Dallie-3, Shaylee-1, Baby Alivia due 1-8-13

  4. #14


    I was induced Wednesday January 12th at midnight. We went in to have the cervadil started, and I was 2 cm dilated and I *think* still 50% effaced. Funny enough, I started having little contractions on my own on the way to the hospital, but there's no telling if that was real labor starting on its own or not. ANYWAY... they took the cervadil out at 6am and by the time the dr. came in I was a 3 but they kept saying how high he still was. My water was broken at 7:50 and I waiting until about 9:45 to ask for my epidural. Right after they put it in they checked me and I was a 7! Everyone was saying how numb my legs would be but I showed them I could kick and wiggle and everything! But I felt NO contraction pain. The nurse told me to tell her if I felt any pressure because I could be ready at any minute. I told her I was feeling something so she checked again and I was an 8. Then what seemed like 2 seconds later I had her come back because all of a sudden I was feeling a SERIOUS urge to push! That was it! I was ready and boy was I feeling EVERYTHING! They said they couldn't up my medicine because it wouldn't have time to kick in so I felt it all! Bryson Joseph was born at 10:37am. 6 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long. I didn't have an episiotomy, but I did tear a little. He is the most amazing little guy and I'm so happy he is here!!!
    We also got to leave the hospital after 24 hours!!

  5. #15
    Prolific Poster 2010mom2b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009


    12/29/10 6:36 PM
    6.10 lbs. 20 in. long
    Monday 12/27/10 I had a NST and he was not as active as he had been on past NST's bit Drs said it was ok and we still had the plan to deliver 12/30/10.

    Tuesday 12/28/10 I had a weird feeling ALL DAY that something was "off" with him, he was making weird movements and not moving the same times he did in the past. I tried to rest and think that in 2 days I would have my LO in my arms

    Wednesday 12/29/10 Had a BPP and Dr appt., I had a "feeling" again something was "off" I called my DH at work to come home and take me to the appt. We had the BPP first, we had my 10 yr old daughter with us and she asked what the bubbles were by the face of baby Ryan, the tech said its the cord... then she added color and noticed the cord was all the way around his neck I freaked out, she tried to tell me it was fine and my water level was normal ect... As soon as I was done with the BPP we saw my Dr. and I started crying out of control about the cord (due to the past loss) she said most times she would "watch" the mom/baby and that it is not a reason for a emergency delivery... but since I was set to deliver the next day she said we will do 1 of 2 things 1. admit me to the hospital and stay on monitors till the a.m. to watch baby and put my mind at ease 2. deliver that night. She gave me a order to be admitted and sent me across the street to the hospital.

    BIRTH:We were admitted to L & D and hooked upt o minitors, a RN came in a few mins after we got there and said we are having a c-section at 6 pm (it was around 1 pm when I was admitted) the 5 hr wait was FOREVER! 6 p.m. came and they walked me down the hall to the OR, started the spinal (I was worried about that, it was no big deal) and put the drap up... time for DH to come in and what seemed like forever we hear my OB say LESS THEN A MIN TILL BABY seconds later we hear the most beautiful sound of Ryan crying! The oeds Dr looked him over and he was 9/9 score 110% fine! They did a few things with him and then put one of my arms around him and held him by my face, DH got to hold him and the RNs were taking pics for us. C-section seemed fast and off we were to recovery. My DH got the kids and grandparents to come meet Ryan and they was a very special memory. I ended up staying in recovery for several hours because I could not get pain under control, they ended up puting a pain pump in my IV and that helped.

    So a day before we had planned, a 100% healthy baby, cound not ask for more! Feeling SO blessed Ryan is here!

  6. #16
    Posting Addict keky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007


    My first name is Ketra (kee-tra) and Avery was 21.5 inches.

  7. #17
    Posting Addict AmyJo86268's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007

    Default Dalton George

    Dalton George Birth Story
    My first son was born via an unplanned c-section. The worst part of the ordeal was anesthesiology. Going into this scheduled c-section, my biggest anxieties were related to that. I was afraid of being poked a lot of times in the spine and afraid of spinal shock, and afraid I’d be sedated and miss the baby. I talked to my OB and the anesthesiologist about my concerns before the surgery and I’m so glad I did.
    I arrived at the hospital at 5:30AM to receive 2 bags of fluids and my first round of antibiotics. Then I talked to the surgery people and we rolled into the OR. The anesthesiologist explained everything he was doing step by step and got the spinal in on the first try with NO shock! (I praised him up and down). Shortly after that my husband came in and the doctor started the procedure. As planned they dropped the curtain when the baby was on his way out and the doctor told Chris when to take pictures.

    I’m super happy with the pictures. The baby was so tiny and squealing like a little pig. . .turns out that’s his cry, not the normal infant “waa”. He got cleaned off really quick and wrapped up and my husband got to hold him next to me for a few minutes before they went to the nursery to finish the job of bath and measurements. The nurse immediately got my parents at that point to watch the nursery activities. It seemed like a long time to sew me up because the doctor was teaching a new doctor what to do. I missed all of this during my last surgery because I was knocked out from the time I heard the first cry until I was back in the recovery bed. Once in recovery they brought my baby boy to me, who was in fact very tiny. 6lbs, 1.7 oz, 18 inches long with a 33.5 cm head circumference. He was able to nurse a little bit in recovery and we tried to continue nursing on the ride back to the room, but he wasn’t impressed with the noises and bumps.
    He is such a peanut that nursing has been a bit of a challenge for duration and latch, but we have worked things out with a few props. He has lost about 10% of his body weight but they aren’t too concerned because he’s providing the right amount of wet and dirty diapers.
    We get to go home today. Recovery after a second c/s is a lot better than the first one. I don’t feel like I’m quite as exhausted, but I’ve had lots of help from my mom and husband while in the hospital and the hospital staff has been great. Overall this was a very positive experience.

    Big Brother meeting Dalton

    Our first picture as a family of 4

  8. #18
    Contributor Arganda0516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009


    Madelynn's Birthstory:

    It started on Sunday 1-30-11 (my actual due date):

    8:30 A.M.- I was asleep and I felt a small trickle of fluid so I hopped up and went to the bathroom. I thought it was my mucus plug because there was a green glob of stuff on my pantyliner. My doctor told me it was ok if the mucus plug was green in color so I didn't think anything of it.

    11:30 A.M. I was still leaking fluid slowly but it was becoming more like water than a glob of stuff. The only thing was that it was still green. I called L&D and they told me to come get checked out just in case it was amniotic fluid and the green stuff was meconium.

    12:30 P.M. We arrived at the hospital and they tested the fluid and sure enough it tested positive for amniotic fluid. She checked me and I was 2 1/2 cm dialated and when they hooked me up to the monitors I was having contractions every 6-11 minutes. At this point I couldn't feel the contractions.

    2:15 P.M. Pitocin and Antibiotics were started. (I tested positive for GBS at 36 weeks)

    9 P.M.- They checked me and I was 3 1/2-4 cm dialated and the contractions were about 3-5 minutes apart. Contractions at this point were not bad. I wasn't having to use any breathing techniques that I learned in the birthing class at this point.

    11 P.M. Contractions were starting to pick up and become uncomfortable so I asked for the nurse to check me again to see how far I had progressed. I was at 6 cm. Before going into labor I decided that I would try the relaxant through the IV before getting an epidural. So at this point I was tired and wanted to get some rest between contractions. They gave me the relaxant and told me it would take the edge off the contractions for about an hour. During this time I was able to rest and actually sleep for a few minutes at a time when I wasn't contracting.

    1:45 A.M. Contractions were about a mintue apart and they were really strong. I was have to use a breathing technique to get through them and applying pressure to my back because it was killing me. I asked the nurse to check me again and she said I was at 9 1/2. Finally, the light at the end of tunnel, or so I thought. The nurse said that my bag of waters hadn't fully burst so she called the doctor in to break the rest of it. At this point the contractions became so strong and I was only getting about a 30 second break in between.

    2:30 A.M. The nurse told me that I could start pushing if I felt the urge becasue I was fully dialated. Here is where my hell began. I pushed and pushed and pushed. The nurse was telling me to push harder. Then she was telling me that I wasn't pushing correctly. She had a really bad attitude and wasn't encouraging at all.

    4:15 A.M. My husband convinced me to get out of bed and try to use the restroom. While I was in the bathroom, I broke. I started crying and feeling so frustrated because I was pushing with everything I had and nothing was happening. Maddi's station was still at a -2 which is what she was when I came in.

    4:30 A.M. Rude nurse tells me that she is going to put me on my hands and knees on my bed to try working through some contractions there. She told me not to push but to try and breathe through them because she didn't think I was ready to push. Hello!!! I had been dialated at a 10 for 2 hours and trust me, I was having the urge to push. So there I was on my hands and knees trying to breathe through contractions. I was able to make it through one contractions without pushing but thought I was going to die. I told her " Sorry but I have to push through these" and I did. At this point it was time for her to go to lunch and another nurse came in. She was complete heaven. She was so helpful and encouraging. I continued to push in this position for about a half hour. She informed me that I was having so many issues on my back because the top of Maddi's head was hitting the top side of my pelvic bone.

    5:00 A.M. Nice nurse put me on my left side to push and told me that I would try that for a half hour and then switch to my other side. I pushed on both sides for about 45 minutes and I made a ton of progress on my sides.

    5:45 A.M. Rude nurse comes back and finds that I had actually made a ton of progress and the baby was almost there. She put me on my back and I pushed for about a half hour and baby was starting to crown.

    6:15 A.M. Baby was crowning and the Doctor was called in to get things set up. With the next contraction half of her head was out. OMG the ring of fire. I was screaming and waited for the next contraction to get the rest of her out. That was complete hell. It burned soooo bad. All over. With the next push the rest of Madelynn's head was out and the rest of her body just slipped out.

    Madelynn Marie was born at 6:31 A.M. She weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long. Apgar score was 8. I had a small tear that required 3-4 stitches. So far she is a good baby but we are having some issues with breastfeeding.

    I had no idea but when I saw my doctor this morning, she told me that she looked in my file and saw a blank c-section page. So they were on the verge of giving me a c-section because I wasn't making any progress after pushing for 2 hours. BTW my doctor was on vacation until this morning and was not the one to deliver me.

    Over all Labor was hell but I am glad I made the choice not to get an epidural. My husband was my rock and was so helpful during labor. Without him, my breathing techniques from birthing class and the nice nurse, I don't think I could have handled it.

    Here is a picture of our little girl:

  9. #19
    Contributor Mom2Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011

    Default The Birth Story of Kennedy Isabella

    Kennedy Isabella

    Remising upon the beloved perspectives of motherhood, time dwindled softly within the distance; suspend. Each second crept; each clock devoured my being. Scheduled to have a medical induction due to persistent and worsening health troubles that would no longer allow me to carry my precious coffee bean the world around me evolved around seven meager days. As a new mother I was surprised as to how arduous my final week was progressing in comparison to a fleeting initial trimester; the second, of course, a bit slower. My terminal illness had taken a toll in the month of January. Coming close to losing my life and my child at the beginning of the month I was ordered to mandated bedrest until delivery or induction; flat bedrest.

    Discovering a positive escape the Internet provided an educational allowance, one that this first-time mother needed; despite completing a variety of classes relating to maternal engineering. I was overjoyed to have millions of articles at my fingertips. Relishing in the value of provisional education I found myself taking notes on topics I had never considered; some topics controversial, most mundane. My husband jokingly laughed as he kept asking “how my thesis was coming”, his eyes reflected his own excitement. Following the same passage I kept open conversations on Twitter so to expand my assistance, appreciating the advice of those with a stout grip of motherhood. I was addicted to acquiring education under each overturned rock.

    On January 30, 2011 I awoke to a thickened cervical discharge, an indication of forthcoming birth, looking into my notes and “fact binder” provided by my medical physician I felt as if my body was a mere let down to reality. Cervical discharge I read is the prefix of ‘some’ childbirth; however, the event could begin a week following and in some women two or more. Some women even lost this plug, twice. I was excessively saddened and frustrated as this was my first “labor-like” indication my body reflected. Up until this point I had an on again off again marital affair with Sir Braxton Hicks my second and early third trimester and a not so friendly fellowship with Round Ligament Pain my late first and early second. Such discharge was a huge deal, happiness; however not consistent with each trip into the ladies room. . Likewise, I never even visually saw a tinge of blood; perhaps some pink, never red, mostly clear. My little coffee bean had *not* moved, I only felt her during the instructed “kick counts”; it felt so soft, she was barely there. This was completely *abnormal* as my little girl was clearly an inspiring acrobat who seemed to never ceased moving. She has a obsessive relationship with my bladder for months on end, day and night and had just begin to develop a relationship of substance with my ribs, lungs, and diaphragm.

    At 7pm I was engaging in conversation on Twitter; with instant messages coming in to inquire about my health from my sister, friends around the world, and others. My husband and mother were both calling to check my status, as he phoned her to explain; I kept thinking he must have called others too. My husband was a proud man. On a three way phone conversation I got them up to speed not missing the chance at ascertaining assistance when I needed it more than ever. The tightening of my belly only worsened and within twenty minutes was followed by the same frustrating period-like pain. I highly feared being the last to know about my own labor. This was my biggest laboring fear; every woman has at least one. Something happened that I don’t understand, I was not afraid; restrained, subtle, and calm. I knew what I had to do next, my passage was paved in my mind; tackle step one and move to two – one down the line. I phoned Charlie, who was about three miles at the end of our road working and told him he was going to be a father; he must have dropped the phone. I nearly didn’t have time to turn around until he was coming in the door. It was he that needed the calming I attribute to maternal insist.

    He phoned the doctor as I used technology to record each contraction, the duration, and the time between; Bump.com. I had failed to research contraction counters, Twitter also made a great resource to detail track too. My doctor informed Charlie he would be on stand-by and that his requirement was five-minutes between each active contraction with a minute or more of intensity. This didn’t please him, it didn’t please me; I attempted not to get upset but inside I cursed under my breath quite seriously. After the fifth contraction it felt as if someone flipped my switch, I was in true back labor; no longer did the basic period cramps of the beginning remain but misery surrounded. I begin to bleed which was colored an electrifying bright red. I tried to eat for fuel but nearly blacked out as my blood monitor cuff denoted my pressure was dangerous high during this journey. It was at this time the doctor gave orders to immediately come to the birthing unit. It took not even two minutes and longer to get from the garage into the hospital and up to labor and delivery at the fourth floor birthing unit.

    The blood pressure cuff I was using was inaccurate my pressure was actually low; my family was getting to the unit at this discovery. They could have easily sent me home but the doctor argued to keep me due to my high risk pregnancy, terminal illness, and chronic misery. I was sickened to hear administration claim the desire for money and fear of not being properly paid. A Pitocin drip was started at a low flow as another contraction, now 14 minutes apart and up to a minute, occurred normally without the drug. I was told to walk around the unit to stimulate labor and speed things along we Charlie and I took in the entire unit, four times; we made a little pit stop. I felt the need to go urinate as we headed back to my room, Charlie kept voicing not to wobble; I’m pregnant of course I wobble – also in labor. I came out of the stall and immediately my water broke; a trickle turned into a ravishing rapids but safely not a sudden gush. I knew I had not peed myself, or so I thought. He ran to the nursing station where the doctor was and informed of the updated information. Leaving me due to his excitement but returned quick to help me to my room; where I told my family. Anne came in the room and set on the bed where she informed us that she was upping the drop of Pitocin, which may make my arm very cold, she also explained my contractions were going to start coming quicker since my fluid broke and they were jump starting with Pitocin; in essence she said things wouldn’t progress how they were. I just hoped the back laboring ceased.

    The birthing tub was filled and ready and I wanted to try the tub since I denied pain management for the contractions. The nurses helped me take off the gown and step in, nude. The water helped a great deal as I had read and I was glad to have got the option as only one tub existed and normally it would have to be booked with the assistance of a doula. Sadly, we could not afford a doula. The doctor had came in to explain my contractions would need to be very strong to naturally allow my body in a push free delivery to deliver the baby; since I was against the suction and forceps. He was paged out just as the misery of the first upped Pitocin contraction lead me to scream; Charlie attempted to support I pulled away. I screamed to where the water echoed. Anne, the nurse, stayed with me and walked me though giving me a epidural option; she said they would get much more intense. Back to back I had another contraction and Anne assured me the Pitocin was working, and a third much like the prior two. The doctor returned and suggested I look into the epidural option or I could have Demerol. I maintained my desire to birth naturally without drugs and felt the birth plan was being taken very seriously; I had to be checked vaginally. This was the third vaginal check due to my option to minimize the violation. The doctor asked me to move to the bed unless I wanted a water birth where the water would have to be cleaned; water birthing wasn’t an option and I took Charlies help to the bed, both nieces (wide eyed and questioning their millionth question) joined on either side.

    He asked as to how much I thought I could push without the rectum damaging itself and I didn’t know. I asked if I could try to have a normal birth and he said he wanted to give such birth to me; I was crying as I felt abnormal in a great deal of ways. I pushed twice and the little princess was into this world, 1:11am 1/31/11. She came out without a tear or whine. They said she had swallowed a merconium (sp) and had to be suctioned (she had a bowel movement in the birth canal and swallowed some of her poop). After she sounded as if she was a newborn kitten, no louder; I waited what seemed like forever to have her put into my arms because not only did they clean her of goo but had to clean her of poo. Both Apgars were scored at a 10, a perfect A+ student! She looked at me with huge eyes and I puddled in tears; fearful I would harm her by not holding her right my mother helped me to hold her my first time. My baby 7 pounds 7.5 ounces and 18 inches in length was the gift hand delivered from the Lord without a single ailment or issue. Birth was not even a memory when she was in my arms, while I realize it hurt I cannot tell you how birth felt. It’s a true glory. .

    Our Kennedy Isabella
    Jan. 31, 2011
    Time: 1:11am
    7 pounds 7.5 ounces
    18 inches long

  10. #20
    Contributor ElliotsMama011011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Phoenix, AZ


    Elliot Marlene Murray
    Born 1-10-11
    7 lbs 1 oz 20 1/2 inches long

    Elliot was born on 1-10-11. I went into labor on 1-9-11. I knew I was in labor when I started having really bad contractions. I knew something was up because I had not been feeling good the day before and was not really eating alot. The day before I only ate twice which was very unlike me but I just didnt feel good and felt very bloated. I had walked the whole morning on 1-9-11 and even hiked a little bit. My hubby decided to go over bumps in our truck without putting the breaks on lol... At about 8pm on 1-9-11. I started having contractions which was normal.. Usually I was having braxton hicks for about the last month. I would have afew contractions over a 30 min period and then go away. This time they didnt. They got stronger and I started walking around. At about 1030pm i called the dr because the contractions were all over the place. The dr told me to take a shower and try to lay down. Before I got in the shower I sat down to pee and noticed I had a brown thick discharge. I took my shower but was still having contractions. I tried to lay down and they just got worse. At about 12am, we called the dr again. my hubby told the dr i was screaming and crying and doubled over in pain, the dr said it was time to go to the dr. We got to the hospital at 1230am. They checked my in real quick and went into a room. A nurse came in and asked me a bunch of questions. They checked me and stated I was already 3 cms dialted. She wanted me to walk around the hospital and I tried but I was in too much pain. At about 330am, I got my epidural. I didnt sleep at all. I was up all night. at 730am I was 5 cms dialated. at about 9am, my epidural drip was wearing off, they gave me some more but it didnt work. By 9am, they started poitcin (sp) to speed up contractions because they had died off. By 1130am i was 7 cms dialated. once 1230 hit i could feel everything and they were really coming fast and hard. I really wanted to bear down but they told me not to. the dr was called at 130pm stating i was ready. we did a few practice pushes and she said the head was coming. around 220pm i started really pushing. i pushed twice and the head came out. the dr was turned around because he was going to do an episiotomy but she was coming too fast. he barely didnt turn around in time. the head and shoulders were out and she just shot out. i didnt have to really push at all. once she was out, they cut the cord (my hubby did) and I got to hold her. It was great. One of the best moments of my life. She is now almost 5 months old and growing up so fast! I am so grateful that god blessed me with my miracle after 3 yrs of trying for her and multiple fertility sessions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions