Welcome to your lodge!!!!
Welcome to your lodge!
OMG Drake, thank you so much!! I feel so bad because I only lurk here, but hopefully I will have more time in the coming days/weeks now that I am not working....
OK so... I am Christa (31), my DH is Bill (43) and we have a 3yo son Benjamin. I am expecting a second son we've decided to name Evan. He is the baby I conceived last year following a m/c in October, so I am trying to view the discomfort as a blessing!
I had a pretty much natural birth with Benjamin other than Pitocin augmentation, which was used because my water had already broken and natural methods (walking, nipple stimulation) didn't work on the "timeline." I have to say though, the nurses and dr. respected my wishes for a natural birth as much as they could, so I'm returning to that hospital. I know my whole family will be taken care of there.
These days I am trying not to get TOO excited about the following:
- Pelvis feeling like it's going to split open. Evan dropped about 10 days ago, but just since Friday his head seems to be really wedged in there and it hurts to walk.
- Mucusy chunks (but no bloody show).
- "Trickles" (amniotic fluid?? It was a lot more obvious with Benjamin!)
- A combination of BH contrax and cramping... sometimes regular, sometimes not, always goes away.
- Sort of an instinctive focus on birthing, and an overwhelming desire to rest.
All of this has been happening with greater frequency since Thursday. Benjamin was an early baby so I'm kind of hoping Evan will be too... however I'm working the most on trusting him and my body to know when it's time.
DH Bill ~ 10/9/1999
DS Benjamin Joseph ~ 7/17/2003 "All of my sunshine..."
DS Evan William ~ 11/20/2006 "...and all of my joy"
Welcome to your lodge...can't wait to read up on everything that is happening...
Wow Christa, I can't believe it's time for your lodge already. It sounds like your body is already gearing itself up for the big day.
Hey everyone deserves a lodge, I couldn't be the only pregnant lodge. I hear you on the groin pressure. I hope it means labor is on its way for you.