Haley Elizabeths Birth Story

1 post / 0 new
tina_haley_n_beanz_mommy's picture
Last seen: 7 years 12 months ago
Joined: 11/14/06
Posts: 212
Haley Elizabeths Birth Story

Haley Elizabeth’s Birth Story
8lbs 21 ½ inches
August 15th, 2006
August 14th will always be a day to remember. That is the day I went into labor with my beautiful princess Haley. Around 11:27 p.m. I stopped into Dunkin Donuts to pick up my daily iced coffee after a day of running around. I quickly went to the bathroom after having held it for so long. After coming out I still felt wet and headed back into the bathroom to wipe again. This time I made it back out to the trashcans when I hollered for my friend to come over. Instead I brought her to the bathroom and discovered a stream running down the inside of both of my legs. I immediately (after wrangling the phone from Lestina) called the doctor on duty to report what was going on. He instructed me to immediately go to L & D to be checked out. I dropped Lestina off at home with her daddy and headed immediately in.
I arrived a little after 12 a.m. to be checked out. After discovering I had leaked plenty more fluid while on my way up to L & D I changed into the johnny and laid on the bed. A short while later the doctor came in to check me out and discovered my water had indeed ruptured but was slowly leaking. He decided to allow me to labor for an hour and recheck me after. At 1 a.m. I was still 5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. At this point the nurse came in and told me they would be hooking me up to the IV for my antibiotics. I asked if I could walk around a little to try and speed things up but she told me no. I was so upset. Around 1:30 they came in and started my antibiotics. I labored for the next 5 ½ hours with very minor contractions. Nothing special.
At 7 am the doctor came in and checked me again. I had made no progress but had leaked every time I got up to use the restroom. The doctor told me he would rupture me before he left for the day. At 7:15 the doctor came in with the nurse and told me I would feel a little discomfort. He rechecked me and used the hook to finish rupturing my membranes. I felt a very large gush of warm water and labor truly started. I decided it was time to call my mom to let her know to get there soon. I spent the next half hour rocking on my husband’s shoulders and doing squats when I felt pressure. I definitely didn’t want the baby to come before my mother got there.
At 8 am mom arrived and with the nurses and Justin’s help I climbed onto the bed. The contractions we coming back to back by now. I was so uncomfortable. The doctor came in again to check me but it was so miserable to roll onto my back for a minute to be checked. The doctor discovered I was 10 cm and 100% effaced. She said I could push anytime. I was so unwilling to roll from my side to my back in order for Haley to come out. As the need to push would come and I was laying on my side I used my nurse Sarah to help me breathe through each contraction. At 8:25 I was finally ready to bring my baby into the world. I amazingly pushed two times and we welcomed out angel into the world. She was born not breathing due to a cord accident. Within 30 seconds the doctor had her breathing and crying.
She scored 9 at 1 minute and 10 at 5 minutes. She was healthy but very jaundiced. She weighed 8 pounds even and measured 21 ¼ inches. I was so in love right away with my little angel.