July 2009 Birth Stories
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: July 2009 Birth Stories

  1. #1
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    with my family

    Default July 2009 Birth Stories

    Please do not comment on this thread.

    If you would like, please post an independent thread with your birth story for comments. Thanks.
    Last edited by Chloe&Matt; 05-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009


    Abigail Josette Lea
    EDD: 19 July 2009
    Born: 3 May 2009 at 12:21pm, 29 weeks gestation.
    1260g (2lbs 12oz)

    I have a connective tissue disorder that's been progressively causing more issues this pregnancy. They warned me that I could deliver at any point from 32w, but I was hoping to at least hold out until my DD's gestation of 34w. Turns out Abigail had other plans.

    April 28:
    My brother's 18th birthday. Had been getting BH contrax all day, but noticed them getting regular (about every 4 minutes for about 20 seconds) and uncomfortable at about 7pm. Decided to go ahead to my brother's birthday dinner anyway and see if eating/drinking helped any because I hadn't done much of either during the day. Left at 9pm because they were more uncomfortable and went to the hospital to get checked. Hooked up to the CTG and found out they were 'true' contrax, had first steroid shot and kept under observation.

    April 29:
    Still contracting. Had ultrasound to check growth and cervix length. Down to 1.4 - Had a check done only 2 weeks prior that was 4.5, so they kept me for more observation. Second steroid shot.

    April 30:
    Nothing new. Just monitoring. Contrax continue - Though they are about 7-8 minutes apart and last about 45 seconds now. Still not painful, just uncomfortable. Have to use sleeping tablets to get some rest.

    May 1:
    Second growth scan and ultrasound. Cervix is back up to 2.4cm, despite ongoing contractions. Had bloody show, but plan to discharge the next day and have twice weekly visits and scans instead.

    May 2:
    Water broke overnight. In hospital until I deliver - though they can't say if it will be days, weeks or months away. Started antibiotics, blood/urine tests and regular CTG/doppler monitoring.

    May 3:
    Woke with a fever at midnight when they came to give more antibiotics. Temp was 38.5, pulse was 140. Talk about inducing, but decide to do more scans in the morning and add more antibiotics to see if we can treat me and keep the baby in longer since Speck is doing well on emergency ultrasound and CTG. Manage to get back to sleep.
    Wake again at 6am with painful contractions - call the nurse. Hook me up to the CTG again and call the doctors, confirm it's true labour. Moved to L&D at 8am - only 2cm dilated. Sucked down the gas like a demon and had codeine. Had pethadine shot at 10am. At 12pm, beg for an internal again so they can tell me if I can have an epidural because the pain is too much. Doctors refuse, conviced I have several hours to go - midwife does an internal for me. At 10cm (surprise surprise - told you it hurt...) and +2 station. Room goes crazy getting all the neonatal staff in and ready. Little girl born in 2 pushes at 12:22pm. Cried after a moment, only quiet but it was there. Apgars of 6 and 8. Got to go see her an hour and a half after she was born to make sure I wasn't going to bleed out (I'm a bleed risk). 1260g, born at exactly 29 weeks (and 12 hours!). Went in with our name list and picked out Abigail Josette Lea. Josette was a friend who died last year, Lea is a family middle name. We just liked Abigail, and so here she is!

    Couple of pictures:

    Last edited by Roriori; 06-15-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Mother to Echidna preemie Alyssandra (14 Jan 07, 34w3d) and welcoming Abigail! (born 3 May 09, 29 weeks. EDD 19 July 09)
    Missing angels Andrew, Hannah, Emilie and Josette.

  3. #3
    Super Poster juniper.09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008


    Will post Alex's birth story as soon as I get my act together!

    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

  4. #4
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Appalachia baby!


    Nora Kai and Lillian Joelle's birth story!

    Friday 6/12 DH and I went in for my induction at 3:45 in the morning. After being registered I went to the L & D floor, the nurses set me up with pitocin. Going into the induction I was 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. Once the pitocin was administered labor progressed quickly! By 8am I was 5 cm and -1. At 9am the contractions were getting constant and pretty unbearable (nothing like my non-pitocin labor with Izzy!).
    Since baby B was transverse, the risk of me having a c-section was pretty high, therefore the docs asked if I would object to an epidural in case I had to have an emergency c-section. So at 9 I requested an epidural...it was heaven!
    at 12:30 I was 10cm and completely effaced. I was wheeled to the surgical room (again because of the risk of needing a c-section). I started pushing, and at 12:50 Nora Kai was born weighing 5lbs 12oz and 20in long. They put her on my chest and she cried immediately..along with DH and I.
    Lillian's birth gets interesting! My doc is not trained in breech births (although she is a Harvard Medical Graduate...crazy huh!), so one of the older docs in the practice was also present, he also was the doc who delivered Izzy, and a resident was present as well.
    Ok back to the birth...
    Doc B, my doc, tried to manipulate Lilly externally and internally, however 2 minutes in Lilly's water broke, and out came her feet! Doc R (the other doc) talked Doc B and Doc P (the resident) through the procedure. Basically they pulled on Lilly's legs and out she popped, 9 minutes after her sister, weighing 6lbs 9oz and 18.5in! I'm sure it was a bit more complicated than that, but that's all I remember! When she came out she was not breathing and very limp, they immediately began working on her. Her initial apgar was a 4, but two minutes later she was at an 8. Lilly's legs were very bruised but that's the only sign of her difficult birth.
    My placenta was delivered and Doc P stitched me up, I only had a small tear.
    DH went to the nursery with the girls, and I went back to my room to wait. We stayed at the hospital for 48 hours, it was well needed!
    The twins birth was considerably different than Izzy's birth! However, I am so proud of the experience! Delivering twins vaginally, especially with one being breech is so rare at my hospital, it was definitely cause for celebration! DH said when he came back from the nursery he overheard the docs and nurses talking about it like they were retelling a war story! My delivery was one of only three vaginal twin births my doc has ever performed.
    Nora and Lilly had high bili levels, however Lilly's were higher due to the bruising in her legs. Finally after a week her levels went down, and both girls are perfectly healthy!
    We are now adjusting to being a family of five, it has been quite the roller coaster, but I think we're finally starting to figure it out!
    Isabel 7/8/2007
    Nora and Lillian 6/12/2009

    Have you tried to get three kids to look at the camera at once?

  5. #5
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    with my family


    Last edited by Chloe&Matt; 02-26-2014 at 08:02 AM.
    DS1 (10/07), DS2 (06/09) & DS3 (01/12)
    Angel Baby 01/15

  6. #6
    Posting Addict JuneorJulyBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Greenville, NC


    Nicholas' Birth Story:

    I was supposed to go to the hospital Tues night 6/23 for cervadil. Called at 4:30pm and they said come in between 7:30 and 8. Got to the hospital at 7:20 (eager and ready!) and was checked in. We ended up with a HUGE mommy and me suite (one out of seven) which was the one we saw on the tour of the hospital. Such great luck! The nurse checked me in and put in my IV. The doctor came in and did an u/s to confirm head down and then checked me. I was 3cm and contracting a little so they decided to skip the cervadil and just start pitocin at 4am on Wed. Got an ambien and woke up around 3am to shower for the last time without a son.

    Wed morning they started the pitocin. I was contracting a little,they kept upping the dose and the doctor came to check around 10. I was 4cm. They upped the pitocin again and then I started feeling some contractions. Joni my awesome nurse got the hospital massage therapist to come in and give me a message around 11am which felt wonderful and then I sat on the birth ball for a while. The contrax were getting even worse and I asked for the epidural around 12 noon. Got some fluids and epi man came at 12:30. It felt weird but he did a good job and I couldn't feel/move anything waist down by 1pm. Didn't feel contrax or anything for a few hours. At 4pm the nurse checked me and said I was only 5cm She upped the pitocin again. I was so discouraged. The doctor came at 6pm and when he went to check me, they found out my water broke spontaneously sometime between 4pm and 6. I didn't feel it because of the epi. I didn't like the epi at this point because I couldn't move and DH and nurse had to turn me all of the time, but boy did I love it from here on out. I could feel the contractions through the epidural and noticed that it had run out. I freaked out and they gave me a bolus and replaced the empty meds. Looking back, I don't think it had run out, just that the contrax were stronger.

    Then complications. At the peak of each contrax, Nicholas' heartrate would drop really low into the 80's but it would recover nice. The nurses explained to me what was going on and if I hadn't progressed any, they would be looking at a possible c-section. They lowered the pitocin and then eventually turned it off. they checked me at 8pm and I was 8cm!! Heartrate wasn't dropping as bad since they turned off the pitocin. Ashley, my new nurse came in and we talked about what I wanted with the birth (cord cutting, mirrors, laboring down, etc) and she told me to tell her when I felt the urge to push since I could feel pressure with each contraction (I could imagine without the epi...) I wanted to labor down a while so I breathed through a few tough contrax and we decided to start pushing at 9:45. I "practice pushed" for a few and then they got the doctor.

    Dr. was amazing. Ashley and DH held my legs and Dr. massaged my perenium the whole time I pushed. When the head was getting closer, he put KY jelly all over it. All I felt was pressure with the contractions but it felt *good* to push during them. They told me I was a good pusher I had a mirror to see what was going on and when I could start to see the head it seemed like it took forever for each contrax to come. Doctor turned on the pitocin so my contractions would be closer together and at 11:05 I pushed Nicholas' head out!. Apparently his shoulder got stuck in my pelvis though so next thing I know I am on my back, DH and Asheley have my legs in the air and the dr. is on a stool and got him out. I just kept pushing and pushing to help get him out. They put him immediately on top of me and it was amazing looking at my baby boy for the first time. I got to hold him the entire time I got stiched (2nd degree tear, due to the shoulder complication) and then he went over in the corner to get weighed and get under the light. Apgar's scores of 7 and 9. He didn't want to cry too much so they suctioned him a lot. We tried to breastfeed but he didn't want to latch (I have small nipples, he has a small mouth, we are working through it hopefully). DH's parents came in and met their grandson and I just starred at him so much. He is perfect in everyway!

    Nicholas Andrew M___
    7lbs 14.8 oz
    6/24/09 11:05pm
    19'' long

    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

  7. #7
    Mega Poster TonysWifey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008


    Evan Michael
    June 23, 2009 3:10 a.m.
    6 lb. 12 oz.
    20 3/4 inches long

    It's been a long week, but we are home and healthy so I thought I'd share the tale.

    On Monday the 22nd, we showed up at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. to get things rolling. I was only dilated about a fingertip, but my cervix was soft and "getting there" in the words of the nurse. I was given cytotec to get things started, and they had me walking the halls as much as possible until the doctor arrived. They let me eat lunch, but after that, at about 1:00 Dr. H got there and broke my water, which was surprisingly painful. It hurt pretty badly when they checked my cervix each time, too, which hadn't been the case when Dr. H had checked me at my appointment. The cytotec had done its job though; I was dilated to between 3 & 4 cm and having semi-regular contractions before the doctor got there.

    Once he broke my water, my contractions intensified and became progressively more and more painful. I tried to hold out as long as possible on starting pain medications because I didn't want to slow anything down. They gave me pain meds through my IV later in the afternoon, which helped me relax, but the pain was still there. Around 7 p.m. I was dilated between 4 & 5 cm, and I asked for the epidural. It was very discouraging that I wasn't dilating any faster than that. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations of the speed of labor, but I hurt and was getting tired.

    The anesthesiologist came between 7:30 and 8:00. The epidural was amazing. It took effect almost immediately, and I didn't feel the pain of another contraction. I was still able to feel the pressure of contractions, and I could still kind of move my legs, but the pain was non-existent. They also started a small dose of Pitocin at this time. I was able to sleep some, but I woke up every time the blood pressure cuff tightened and sometimes the contractions still woke me up. They checked my cervix about every hour or so. A little before midnight, I was only dilated to 6 but I was completely thinned out and things progressed relatively quickly from there. They checked me at 1:00 a.m. and I was at 8 cm. At about 1:45, I told the nurses that I was having a lot of pressure really low, and they checked me again. I was completely dilated, and they moved everything around quickly for me to start pushing.

    The baby was already really low, so I really didn't have it that bad. They took the monitor off of me since I could feel my contractions so well. One thing that I remember about this time that seemed strange was that I felt really cold at first and my teeth kept chattering. I quickly warmed up though. DH was right beside me the whole time, and kept giving me drinks of water. He did really well through the whole thing.

    I pushed for about an hour before they called the doctor. He was there for a few minutes, and then asked how long I had been pushing. They told him, and he moved quickly. I had to have an episiotomy and he used the vacuum extractor, but at 3:10 a.m. on June 23rd, Evan Michael was born. FINALLY! He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. Dr. H said his cord was very skinny, and he was glad that we delivered when we did.

    I cried when they put him up on my stomach, both from amazement at him and total relief that it was all over. Honestly, labor and delivery was really not a bad process for me. It took a while and was exhausting, but I really came through pretty well.

    Little did I know that the hard part of the week was just beginning. We struggled to get him to eat, and he only had very small bowel movements. The next afternoon, they did some x-rays and ended up transferring him to the NICU at Children's Hospital in Columbus. The doctor was kind enough to discharge me that same night so that I could go to Columbus to be with him. But, I received less than 24 hours of postpartum care, which was less than ideal.

    I'm not going to go into all the details of his medical issues because I'm not ready. I may never be ready. I will say this - every issue that they found or thought they found either turned out to be a non-issue or was resolved very quickly. We were discharged from Children's on Saturday evening June 27, and I brought home a healthy baby. We would've been home sooner, but he developed jaundice so we had to wait until they were happy with his billirubin levels. We still have a lot of follow-up appointments, and there is also still a minor chance that he will have to have surgery down the road. But things are good. Everyone within a hundred miles was praying for him, and I know that God had His hand on us. I can't say enough about the nurses and doctors both at my delivery hospital and at Children's. I had one bad experience with a doctor at Children's, but everyone else was kind and knowledgeable and wonderful all around.
    Last edited by TonysWifey; 07-08-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Married to Tony since 2005

    Momma to Evan (6/23/09) and Caleb (8/3/12)

  8. #8
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    east boston,ma


    While I have a minute, i figuered i would type it out

    Anthony Richard Patrick C
    36 weeks 5 days
    7 lbs 1 oz
    20 in.

    Thursday night (6/25) I started having contractions every 7-8 minutes. I ate dinner and then decided to lay down. Well they were getting closer together and I was feeling very nauseous. So I called my dr and he said to go to L&D to get checked. He was on call that night. So I get to L&D, and the nurse puts me on the monitor, i was having ctx every 6-8 minutes. When she checked me i was 4cm, 80% and 0 station still. But my dr said he wanted to keep me overnight just to make sure. I went for a walk around the halls, there was 1 other woman in labor at the time. While I was walking the ctx were every 5-7 min. But still not painful. When I got back to my room, the contractions were every 3-4 minutes. The nurse didnt want to check me to often, because since i was still only 36wks and 4 days, she didnt want to make it worse. Around 2am, i asked for something to sleep, they gave my ambien. My contractions completely stopped. And i hadnt dilated anymore. So I slept til about 8am-ish on the 26th. My dr came in to talk with me and discharge me around 830am. But first he wanted to check me. So he started checking me and he said ok your still the same, well i started getting a contraction and the look and his face scared me. He said "omg you just went to 7cm with that contraction!, you are not going home, you are having this baby today" I started freaking out. They let me eat breakfast, but i wasnt really in the mood to eat. So i just had some toast and apple juice. My mother and I started calling everyone telling them that today was the day. Around 930ish the contractions started up again, still no pain, they were about every 4-5 min. My dr came in around 1030 and checked me again, I was 8cm, 100 % effaced and +2 station with buldging membranes. He said they were going to break my water around 1130ish.

    Well when they came in at 1130, they told me that some of my blood work came back questionable. They said that it showed Anthony and I had a blood incompatibility. His red blood cells had a "little c" antibody attached to them, and my red blood cells were destroying his. They had the NICU dr come and talk to me because they said it could have affected him very severly. Worst case scenrio, he would need a whole body blood transfusion and be sent to a level 1 hospital. I started freaking out thinking something was going to be wrong. Thank god my parents were with me when they were telling me all this because it was going in one ear and out the other. I was still having painless contractions, i was actualy texting and updating my facebook the whole time.. lol.. They didnt end up breaking my water at 1130, because my dr thought that it wouldnt be long after they did that, that i would deliver him. The waited because they had to order blood from the red cross and had to wait for it to get there. Around 1215ish my dr came in and broke my water, it was clear, that was a big relief. At that point I was still the same in dilation, effacement, and station. The contractions got a little painful, but I was still txting and updating facebook in between them, and alotof my family and friends were in and out to visit. My DD, was scared because she didnt want to see me hooked up to all the machines. At that point I gave her the gift that baby anthony "bought" her. She was sooo excited! Around 130, the dr came in and checked me. I was 9cm, 100%, +2, and having lots of pressure. My DD left the room at this point and sat in the waiting room with: my dad,my sister, and best friend. In the room with me was my mom, my aunt, and my cousin (who is going to be his godmother). My dr decided to give me some pitocin on th lowest dose cause i had a "lip" left of cervix. About 35min later, I had the urge to push. But the lip of cervix was still there. My dr said lets do a couple of practice pushes to see if the lip goes away. So as im pushing the lip of cervix goes away. At about 215pm. my dr suits up, I am still not in alot of pain. It just felt like i was getting a bad period. So I push and I feel him coming thru my pubic bone, and i thought oh f*ck, theres no turning back. lol... Then i feel him starting to crown, and im still not in alot of pain, just saying "ow" every once in a while, but not a scream "ow", just a casual ow. lol.. (dont really know how to explain it lol) His head is coming out, and i felt a little bit of burning but not to bad. My mom and aunt and cousin are all saying OMG look at his hair!! So then the dr said come on Kris just 2 more pushes, well I only did one more and he rocketed out. At 231pm, Anthony was born. My dr, put him right on my chest. He was so bruised he looked blue but it was cause he was in my pubic bone pushing down for so long (for over 6 weeks) that he was really brusied. He was crying and wriggling his little body on me. My mom cut the umbilical cord. As soon as my dr gave him to the NICU dr, all i could think about was did i tear? And the answer was "NO". I was relieved.

    I thought he looked soo small, I thought he wasnt going to be more than 6 lbs. But when the dr said 7lbs 1 oz, my mouth dropped open. The NICU dr said that he was very healthy, and there were no signs that the antibody incompatiblity actually affected him. his apgars were 8/9. i was so relieved about that also. So they cleaned him up and gave him to me... I was soo amazed at myself that I actually went all natural, no pain meds, nothing. I was very proud of myself! After the nurse cleaned me up, they brought in the rest of my family. My dad ran right over to me, and took Anthony and my dad started to cry saying how beautiful he was.

    The nurse I had was amazing! She was so supportive thru everything. Before I left the hospital, I filled out a paper that if you think someone did an exceptional job, you fill it out, and if they get enought, they get a paid day off.

    right after i had him, i got up to go pee. It felt so good to be able to move around right afterwards. Around 430, I walked to my room. Anthony did awesome at breastfeeding the first couple of nihts, but then when my milk came in, my boobs got really engorged, so he couldnt latch on. So now I just pump and give it to him in a bottle. While we were in the hospital his bilirubin levels kept going up, because of the little c antibody. They discharged us Sunday around 1pm, he was 6lbs 9oz. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we had to go back to the hospital to have his bilirubin level checked. Monday it was 14, Tuesday it was 16, and then it went down to 15 on Wednesday. On Thursday he had his circumcision. They had to wait til his bilirubin levels went down. I was able to stay in the room with him while they did it. he is recovering very well from it, when they weighed him he was 6lbs 10oz... his umbilical cord is about to fall off, its hanging on by a thread.

    well thats his birth story and then some.. lol.. if you read the whole thing props to you.. lol.. his pics are in another thread...
    Last edited by xojoker143xo; 07-03-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added birth story

  9. #9
    Prolific Poster ocmommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    So. Cal.


    So on Tuesday, June 30 I woke up around 3 a.m. because DH was just getting home from work. I sat up in bed to hug him and felt a little something trickle out. I wasn’t sure if it was pee or my water, so I went to the bathroom where it continued to trickle/gush out for a good 5 minutes and I thought, ok this is it. No contractions yet though.
    DH and I kinda hung out watching t.v. waiting for contractions to start but since they weren’t really coming I sent him to bed. I figured I could use him more once they started, which happened around 4:00 a.m. At 6:00 a.m. they were 5 minutes apart and lasting about 45 seconds so I decided it was time to go in.
    Once at the hospital, after determining I was only 3 centimeters, 70% effaced, my doctor wanted to get some pitocin going since my water broke at home, they wanted to ensure I would deliver within the 24 hour window. Once that pitocin went in holy crap the contractions were one after another, lasting about 2 minutes each. After a couple of hours, I was only at 6 centimeters so I started yelling for the epidural. Once that was in place I went from 6 centimeters to 10 in about 45 minutes. At 2:16 p.m., after about 20 minutes of pushing, and 10 hours since the start of my contractions, out came Joshua! My doctor had to do an episiotomy but it only needed 2 stitches to close up so I was happy.
    I was NOT happy however, when my lovely nurse Summer came over and messaged my belly. It felt like I was having another baby. I’m telling you that DID NOT happen with DD so I was pretty shocked by the intensity of the pain. Luckily some Motrin took the edge off and I was so distracted by my beautiful baby boy I was able to deal.
    All in all it was an amazing labor. I am very happy with how it went and the level of care I had at the hospital, not to mention the little baby that resulted from all the pain ☺
    Last edited by ocmommy; 07-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.
    Mommy to Madi and Joshua
    Wife to Scott

    my cuties:

    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie

  10. #10


    Ayla Carys
    June 29, 2009 (38w 2d)
    7lb 12oz
    19 inches long

    DH and I arrived at the hospital at 7:00am to begin my scheduled induction. At around 8:00 was when my pitocin got started and I began the laboring process. It started off really slowly and easily. I was having frequent contractions but they weren’t painful at all. We just kind of sat around and relaxed for a little while.

    Around 9:00 they checked me for the first time, and I was 3cm dilated. I was hoping for more, but since the contractions still weren’t painful, I guess it was a little unrealistic to hope for that. They broke my water and increased my pitocin a little. When they broke my water they found that it was totally clear with no blood in it, which means that there was no placental abruption this time! (The reason I was induced was to prevent that from happening, so it worked!) They also began getting me ready for an epidural. They placed the epidural without actually starting the medication, so that when I asked for it, they would be able to get it to me as quickly as possible.

    I wasn’t checked again until 11:45. I was really hoping to be around a 6 at that point… but nope. I was 4cm. I still wasn’t in a lot of pain though, so I wasn’t too surprised. DH and I read and watched TV all morning.

    At 12:45 I was checked again and I had made it to 5cm! I was glad about that because the pain was starting to increase. On a scale of 1-10 I would say my pain at that point was at about a 7. The doctor recommended that they start my epidural soon, so I agreed and we got that taken care of very quickly.

    At about 2:00 I was checked again and was still a 5. That was discouraging. Earlier in the day I had told DH that my “goal” was to have the baby by 3:00. I said to him at that point that there was no way I would get anywhere close to making that goal.

    Right after getting checked that time, I started being able to feel the contractions again… even with the epidural. At first the pain was very minor, but it got progressively worse. I also started to feel nauseous and over-heated. I had DH turn the fan on full-blast so it would blow on me. I also drank some water and ate some ice chips. That all helped a little, but I still felt really off. The nurse grabbed a cold, wet cloth and put it on my face and forehead. I felt like I was going to throw-up and pass out. Plus the contractions were getting more and more painful. The nurse checked me again at 2:45 because of the pain and discomfort that I was experiencing, and I was 7.5cm. I asked for an increase in my epidural because the pain at that point was worse than before I had even gotten it to begin with. Eventually the nausea and feverish feeling left, and I was able to just focus on breathing through the contractions.

    The anesthesiologist came in around 3:10 and gave me some more of the lovely epidural. It took about 15 minutes for it to kick in, but when it did, I was VERY numb. At 3:30 my doctor came in to check me. I was 10cm! She said “Yep, you’re ready. Let’s have this baby.”

    I only had to push for 21 minutes (with my first DD it was over an hour.) I couldn't feel ANYTHING down there, but apparently I was able to still do it effectively. She was born at 3:51pm. When all was said and done, I only tore a TINY amount and needed just 1 stitch.

    When she was born, they laid Ayla on my chest and I got to help clean her off. Tears came to my eyes as I realized that this little one I had been praying and hoping for for so long was now here with me. We are so in love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions