May Monkey's Birthday, Stats and Birth Stories

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
May Monkey's Birthday, Stats and Birth Stories

Thought I would do a master list of our arrivals. Please feel free to edit or add if needed. I'll try to keep it updated.

~May Monkeys Are Here~


April 14th
Matilyn Leigh (ttmt): 12:02am; 5lbs 10oz, 19in (36w)

April 20th
Andrew Lewis(Avasmommy313): 5lbs 15oz, 19.5 (37w)
Benjamin Kenneth (Avasmommy313): 6lbs 8oz, 18.5 (37w)

April 22nd
Sophia (JennsDesertCrew): 10:21pm; 7lbs 0oz, 18in (37w4d)

April 23rd
Alexa Rain (KittenChops): 3:40pm; 5lbs 8oz, 16in (37w2d)
Mikayla Nichole: 3:47pm; 6lbs 1oz, 17.5in (37w2d)

April 24th
Veronica (girl0007): 3am; 8lbs 0oz, ?in (37w)

April 26th
Oliver William (pico83): 12:50am; 6lbs 14oz, 19.5in (38w5d)

April 27th
Brendan (Shy girl): 12:30am; 9lbs 0oz; 19in (38w5d)
Claire Elise (anderlauren): 5lbs 13oz
Lauren Camille (anderlauren): 6lbs 15oz

April 28th
Mateo (pol&jus): 3:27pm; 8 lb 1oz, 19 3/4in (39w)


May 2nd
Sophie Evelyn (amanduh): 9:25pm; 7lbs 0oz, 20in (39w)

May 3rd
Kinsley Nicole (Stacey26): 2:46pm; 7lbs 7oz, 19 1/4 in (39w)

May 5th
Sean Isaac (Rollergirly2): 1:40pm; 7lbs 11oz, 19.5in (38w5d)

May 6th
Ian Wayne (CharleneDokter): 6:18pm (37w2d)

May 7th
Amelia (Kally_Ann): 8lbs 0oz (39w5d)

May 9th
Irelyn Grace (janet&tim): 3:42pm; 7lbs 12oz, 19.5in (39w5d)

May 11th
Silje (Runi) (41w1d)

May 13th
Marielle Michelle (buckeyebaby): 8:03am; 6lbs 11oz, 19 1/4in (?weeks)
Hailey Christine (grbrbby): 6lbs 3oz, 18in (39w)

May 14th
Romy Meredith (VickiS): 1:37pm; 9lbs 13oz, ?in (40w5d)

May 16th
Milo Henry (April777): 3:10am, 7lbs 9oz, 21in (39w2d)
Grayson William (MsJill): 10lbs 8.6oz, 22in (40w1d)
SurroPrincess (Joley): 8lbs 12oz, 21in (39w1d)

May 24th
Grace Katherine ( jski88 ): 5:57am, 6lbs 8oz, 19in (38w6d)
Helen Grace (jgriffith): 7:30am, 9lbs 1oz, 20.5in (39w4d)

May 26th
Willow Avery (renee24): 11:02am; 7lbs 4.9oz, ?in (40w2d)


June 6th
Esther Irene (lemongirl): 8lbs (41w3d)

June 9th
Liam Robert Edward (emommyof2): 10:19pm, 7lbs 15.5oz, 20.5in (41w5d)
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Oliver William (pico83)

I've got a happy sleeping baby and no visitors, so we'll see if I can get this typed up. Long and detailed. Sorry.

At 3:24am on 4/25 I got up to pee and felt a gush. I knew immediately my water had broken, but had trouble believing it at first since I hadn't expected labor to start for a while yet. Fortunately there wasn't much mess and it was pink. I got my computer to look up the labor # for my MW. I heard DH get up, so told him and sent him back to bed. I informed my MW and by 4am I started contracting. They were immediately 8-10 minutes apart and felt like labor. I ate lightly and went back to bed, figuring I should rest while I could. But, the contractions and a very excited baby kept me from sleeping. Around 7 the contractions began to space out. They went to 20 minutes apart then stopped. I got up and bounced on the birth ball, went for a walk... nothing.

At 10 I went to the bathroom to pee and on the toilet felt sudden, intense pressure. I hadn't felt anything like that with my other until I was almost fully dilated. I almost called DH to come in, thinking it might be the baby suddenly and inexplicably descending. It started to let up so I went downstairs and called the MW. They had me come in because it was weird. They confirmed my water was broken and since the midwives were switching shifts 2 of them checked me. The first said 2-3cm, 80% and 0 station. The second said 2cm, 50%, and -1 station. They monitored for a bit. Baby was fine but I only contracted a few times far apart. So they sent me home with a few suggestions for getting labor going and instructions to come back by 9pm. I had lunch, napped, and still nothing.

I started to get really anxious at the idea of having to go back and get induced. It was starting to feel way too much like my labor with DS1 (which was less than ideal). I started telling DH I wanted to go in now and just get the induction done because my body wasn't doing anything and I was just going to get more tired. I was already exhausted from fighting the nasty cold and not sleeping much the previous night. He managed to calm me down and talk me out of it. Then I decided to try the nipple stim the MW had recommended. It worked and I was soon having contractions 4-5min apart. Around 4pm we went back to the hosp.

The contractions fizzled out again and I was stuck in triage for a while because they didn't have any rooms free. But, at least they kept feeding me. I even got solid food! They finally got me to L&D and I did more nipple stim (the nurse was skeptical but the MW was all for it). The first round got the contrax to 5-6min and the second got then to 3 min apart. But they quickly spaced and became sporadic. At this point I hadn't been checked since around noon and had managed 2-3 hours of relatively frequent contractions. The MW checked and I was 3cm and 60%. We were all pretty disappointed. She reluctantly suggested we slowly start some pitocin. Knowing I had reacted strongly in the past and wanted to avoid an epidural she planned at start at 1 unit and stay there for 30-40 minutes before increasing to 2. She hoped my body just needed a little nudge. I agreed, hoping the same.

They started the pit and the contractions got more intense. But they were really sporadic at 1-8 minutes apart. At 8:30 I was in pretty intense pain during contractions. They began to feel like the transition contractions with DS2. I was having coughing fits and was terribly congested. The combination made it really hard to breathe through the contractions and at times I felt like I wasn't getting enough air, which made me feel anxious. I started falling asleep between contractions. I asked for the MW back to check me. Again, we were all disappointed that I was only 4cm and 80%. I brought up the idea of pain medicine because I I barely had the energy to deal with the contractions I was getting. The MW mentioned that I had said in my birth plan I wanted to avoid meds but if I did decide to go that way she'd recommend the epidural. She told us to discuss it and left. As he had been instructed, DH tried to talk me out of it. After a long discussion we decided it was probably best. I was already hooked up to the IV and the monitors because of the pit, so my coping was somewhat limited. When the MW came back in she agreed and said it might help me progress since I was clearly exhausted and very tense.

The epidural was started around 9:30pm. The anesthesiologist was awesome. He had just the right balance of business and humor. It was such a relief to lie down. I reacted perfectly to the epidural. I didn't even get any nausea, just pain relief. In fact, I got hungry again and got to enjoy some jello. I rested as much as possible between interruptions, but the coughing and congestion made it impossible to really sleep. DH was given a cot and napped.

At 12:05 am the MW checked me. complete and +1. Whew. They got the room ready, woke DH (took a couple tries) and made sure they had everything ready for the cord blood donation. The nurse lifted the sheet to remove my catheter and exclaimed "Wow, there's a head!" Baby was crowning from the contractions alone! The MW scrambled into her gown and gloves and the pushing started. I think it was 20min or so. Maybe 5 contractions. They tried to stretch me but I ended up tearing. Oliver was born 12:50am, 21.5 hours after my water broke. He cried immediately and went right on my chest. Apgars were 8 and 9 and he nursed at 20min old. He nursed 90 min in his first 2 hours. :grin:

The MW started repairing me then said that it looked like 3rd degree so she was going to get the Ob to do it. He came in and thought 2nd, but did the repair. I tore front and back (only tore back with the others) and have a hematoma (think blood blister) on one side. At 3am I got moved to PP and sent LO to the nursery for a few hours. They finally let me sleep at 4am. Oliver slept 3am to 9am, but they had me up again at 7:30.

He's doing great. Nursing well. Went to the nursery last night because I had only slept 4 hours in the 40+ hours since my water had broken. I got two 4 hour stretches last night. He's pooping well, peeing some, nice and pink, and very sweet. Unfortunately, the coughing has given me costochondritis (swollen rib cartilage) so my ribs are in a ton on pain. I accepted the offered percocet for that and the afterpains. Hopefully it clears up quickly.

Some pics from yesterday

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Matilyn Leigh (ttmt)

Well you all know it started last week or following week i dont even remember now its been so hectic..... so i got released out of the hospital April 12th i started having contractions again that night but thought there just false since the last days i was in hospital my cervics was stuck at a 6, so i just tried to sleep couldnt so, tried to lay around the next day was impossible about 1pm the pain got so bad i was about to loose my stomach and was just in constant pain so i new i didnt wanna end up sitting in hospital for another week i call ob a half hour before they closed to see if i could just come get checked, they let me come in i love my new OB:smile: she checked me and said i was half cm more dialated then before and Matilyn was now 80 % affaced and she could tell i was in labor!! so they wheeled me down to labor and delivery and hooked me up!! they asked if i wanted a epi i said pain was okay for now didnt want it stalling out i just had enough well they rechecked me i was a 7, dr comes in asked after awhile do you want a epi i go well what if it stalls then i just got a pointless epi she's like No your in true labor we will break your water so, i got the epi she came in broke my water this labor was the longest and hardest of all labors i've had!!!! so , she came in broke my water by that time i was 8cm, well took me atleast 2 hours to get to 8cm-10cm, i went in about 5pm and had Matilyn 12:02pm on April 14th. The nurse said i was the second person to be in labor the longest!! since i was in labor a week before that, also when they broke my water there was maconum in it so, that was a worry...she only took 4 pushes and she was out, her heartrate kept dropping with contractions they said with everything you have PUSH we need to get her out so i pushed with everything and she came shooting out like a rockET!!! i did tear!! nicu was in there to make sure, and 5 min. later they brought her to me:smile: she was perfect she weighed 5 lbs 10 oz 19in long!! we stayed in the hospital for 2 days and we both got to come home, she's doing good and is a little piggy!!! she's perfect... ill post pictures tomorrow when at my moms cause, for some reason my computer wont let me on here!! She's so tiny all the newborn clothes fall off of her!!!..

CharleneDokter's picture
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/18/10
Posts: 250

Hey, I copied your update into the sticky for arrivals. Thanks for doing this. I keep meaning to but just haven't gotten around to it. Your awesome!

Last seen: 5 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/28/10
Posts: 392

I put the boys full names in the sticky

ttmt's picture
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/22/06
Posts: 138

Matilyn was 19in i seen there was no in for her i may of forgot to write that in my story!!!

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Brendan (Shy girl)

Tuesday,4/26 around 3 am, I stared noticing a really MILD contraction every 45 minutes.... enough to wake me up, but only JUST (not even like a menstrual cramp)

Throughought tuesday, I kept an eye on the timing, and they were getting closer and closer, but were not increasing in intensity at all untill just around 10 pm, so me and DH went to the hospital.

This is when it started to really s*ck. First of all, I had managed to get to 7cm dialated- and my labor went into a really hard, fast active labor, so no drugs- poor DH was besides himself he hates to see me in pain!

12:30 am, wednesday, BABY ARRIVES! Like I said- active labor was fast, fast, fast for me!

Now the good news:

A healthy baby boy! 9 lbs even, 19 inches long, 14 inch head.

NO TEARING! Seriously- I am hardly sore down there at all!


for pictures, follow the link:

We are conquering breastfeeding, slowly- I have large, awkward nipples and he does not like to open his mouth all the way, so I have to REALLY get him pissed off and crying before I can get a good latch.

Daddy is doing good, super nervous, but he is putting himself out there trying to learn about what works with the boy.

Thanks all!

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Mateo's Birth story

So things started the day before, on Wednesday the 27th. I had a scheduled appointment at 2:15. There I was told I was already 5cm dilated and 60% effaced so my doctor asked me if I just wanted to stay then and there and get things going. I was definitely not prepared for that and elected to go home and come back the following morning and start with an induction. I was 39 weeks then.

As expected I slept very little that night. I kept reliving the birth of my son in my mind and praying to god so that he would help me with this little one's arrival.
The next morning we took our time, dropped DS off at daycare and headed to the hospital with DH and my mom. On the way we picked up some Decaf Starbucks coffee and pastries :smile:. I needed my energy boost for the big day.
We got to the hospital around 9:30 am and got admitted and settled in.
At about 10:30 my Pitocin was started. Very mild initially and was really not doing much. They upped it three times without much effect. Around 12 my doctor came in and broke my water. Holly cow was there a lot in there!! By then I was 6cm dilated and 80% effaced. They increased the Pit once again and now things really started to pick up. The contractions were much more intense and about 4-5 minutes apart. I was managing ok with pain and was able to breath through them. Still things were getting a bit harder to deal with and I was worried that by the time I was desperate that I would be at 8cm and could no longer get my Epidural.So, I elected to have it done then and not wait. I think it was around 1:30 pm. The anesthesiologist was very nice and calm. He put it in with minimal discomfort but unfortunately the first time it took heavily on the left side and barely on the right, so he re did it. No big deal and huge relief. By then I think it was 2:15 or so.
Suddenly I started shacking uncontrollably so the nurse decided to check me again. I was now 8cm but baby was still at a -1 station. Contractions were huge on the monitor but I was blissfully unaware. :yahoo:At 3pm my nurse checked me again, I was still 8cm but the baby had dropped significantly so she called my doctor. He was in at about 3pm and we all chatted about his kids and school and other stuff. He told me to let him know if I felt any pressure.
At about 3:15 I started to notice a different feeling down there. Not sure if it was pressure since my epi was quite effective. I just felt something was there. So he checked me and said: "oh my Paula baby is right there, two contractions and he'll be out" I didn't trully believe that.
He changed and had me push through one contraction and we could all see his head already. I was beside myself since my DS's birth had been quite difficult and I got him out after 3 straight hours of pushing.
Next contraction came and with my first push he was out. Exactly 3:27pm after pushing for literally 5minutes. Unbelievable!!! I really didn't even have time to get emotional, I was beside myself in how fast everything had happened and how different the experience was compared to my first.
Mateo was wonderful. Healthy baby boy at 8lbs 1oz and 19.75 inches long. I don't know what his Apgars were but he looked great! What a relief.
I had a very small tear that only needed 2 stiches and off I went to my room with my new baby boy. Recovery was easy and I was up moving just a couple of hours later once my epidural wore off. Breast feeding was also much smoother this second time around and he latched on like he had done it a million times before Smile

Now some pictures!!!

Here we go again.....

Just entering the world

Getting cleaned up

My beautiful baby boy

My three boys

The both of us

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Introducing Claire and Lauren (anderlauren)

Claire Elise 5 lbs 13 oz and Lauren Camille 6 lbs 15 oz

We are so extremely blessed to have these girls safe and sound. My water broke at 1:45 a.m. on 4/27. We drove to the hospital and arrived by 3:30 a.m. (it's over an hour drive to the hospital we were using). Contractions started progressing pretty regularly at that point and I was given an epidural when I had dilated to 3 cms. About this time, tornados started hitting the Southeast. Even though we were watching the news during the time I was in labor and even though they had moved all of the patients' beds away from the windows of their rooms, I really didn't think much about the weather. It's April in Alabama. Storms and tornados are pretty much the norm. They hit and we think "oh those poor people, I'm sorry that they lost their home". It's usually not widespread damage and it usually doesn't affect more than a handful of people that we know. This day would prove to be very different.

I continued to progress pretty well and around 1:30 p.m. I had reached 10 cms. My doctor (who I have used since I was 18-), came into the room to let me know that the hospital was sending her home along with some other doctors because of the storm. Another doctor would have to deliver my girls. I wasn't very happy about this, but I understood. She had children that she had to make sure were safe and sound. I had met the other doctor and felt comfortable with him so I sucked it up and was moved to the delivery room around 3:30. My labor nurse kept getting text messages during the time they were prepping the delivery room. She was really emotional and told us that several of her family members had experienced severe home damage in her North Alabama community. I still had no clue what was going on. I pushed for an hour and a half. The doctor said that Claire's head was not in the best position and recommended a C-section. This was somewhat hard to agree to. I felt like it was the best option, but I really thought I was going to be able to deliver vaginally. After what seemed like forever, my two little girls arrived....perfectly pink and healthy. They are breathtakingly beautiful and I am in love Smile

Afterwards, I was rolled back to my room....except I wasn't taken to my room...I was left in the hallway. It was a bit confusing (because I was on morphine) but I understood that we were still under tornado warnings and so everyone was required to be in the hallways. My babies were in a warming station at the nurses desk. All of my family came in to see me and the girls and then I start learning a little about what happened to my precious state of Alabama. While I was in delivery, a tornado passed very close by the hospital. It didn't touch down, but my family members watched debris (shingles, bricks, and 2 x 4s) fly by the windows of the hospital. The next day I learned the full story - over 300 dead in Alabama alone. Several members of our church were directly affected. One family lost everything they owned - you can't even tell where their home once stood. It's been a very emotional week. I am so very thankful to be home in my air-conditioned comfortable house with two beautifully precious little girls.

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Introducing Sophie Evelyn (amanduh)

Hi all, I know I don't post much... but I am on here everyday lurking:smile:

Thought I would pop in and tell you all that my baby girl is here!! (After a loooong weekend thinking "this is it" and having everyone on call)
Everything started on Friday, when my midwife came for her home visit and gave me a stretch and sweep. I was 2-3 cm's and she was able to stretch me to a 5:eek: She said my body responded VERY well, and she said she was pretty sure I would have a baby by the weekend. (I was really hoping she was right, because I really wanted an April baby as DH and my birthday's are in May.... but oh well, I obviously love her just the same! ... Even if my future family ring includes 3 emeralds and a ruby LOL)
Fast-forward to Monday and still no baby! Lots of contractions, but nothing regular. Monday I had an appointment with my secondary midwife at 3pm. She offered another stretch and sweep, but I declined. When my appointment was done, I ended up running into my primary midwife who said she was SOOO surprised she didn't hear from me over the weekend. I told her I had a gut feeling it was going to me soon, so she jokingly said "Ok, but let me get home and have a nap first".
On the way home I felt some trickling, but thought nothing of it as I have been having a lot of discharge lately. Once I got home, and out of the car I felt like I was peeing myself. Rushed into the house and sure enough.... my water broke! WHAT A MESS lol. So I called the midwife and DH (who was at work) and everyone met me at the hospital (father-in-law drove me)
Once there (around 4:30pm) they confirmed that my water had broke, and hooked me up with an IV so I could get my meds as I was positive for strep-B. Midwife gave me another small stretch and sweep, and broke the last little bit of water. Then DH and I started doing laps to get contractions going. We also grabbed some food because I was STARVING and knew that if they had to induce me, I would not be able to eat.
Turns out walking worked and soon enough I was having contractions every 5 mins. About half an hour later they were every 2 mins. Things were happening SO FAST! Around 9pm she checked me again and I was 7-8 cms. She said that since this was my second baby, this would happen soon, but we still had some time. She sent my secondary midwife home (as she had been at the hospital all day) for a few hours. At about 9:15, BAM huge contraction..... and OMG I'm pushing and I CAN'T control it! Instantly they called back my other midwife who had just made it to her car. Then another contraction, another small push. Once my second midwife was back, 2 big pushes later and out she came!!

Sophie Evelyn was born May 2nd at 9:25pm weighing 7lbs exactly, 20 in long and 100% perfect! She is so mellow, sleeps all the time and only cries when she's hungry... and even then it's more of a whimper.

We are so in love with her, and her big sister is absolutely amazing with her.

Anyways... onto some pictures!

Meeting her big sister for the first time

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Ian Wayne (charlenedokter)

Ian Wayne
Birth Story

My water broke at home, int he bathroom at ten after ten in the morning. I heard two large popping sounds and a gush of water and blood. I called Tony and work and he came right home. While he drove home, I gathered up the last of the things for my hospital bag, called my Mom and brushed my hair and got dressed. We went to the Royal Alexandra Hospital Lois Hole Labor and Delivery Pavilion to be accessed. It was confirmed that my water had broken. At my previous 36 and 37 week appointments with Dr. Hoskins, I was told I was already dialed to at 2. In assessment, I was checked again and was at a 4 but not experiencing any really strong contractions. I had been having contractions for days, but not regular. I was admitted into a delivery room.
My first nurse set up an IV and then there was a shift change. My second nurse monitored my IV and gave me oxytocin to bring up the intensity of my contractions. I labored on the birth ball and in the shower. I tried nitrous oxide gas during a stronger contraction but found the loopy feeling too annoying so stopped using it. At around 5 I started feeling the urge to push a little so my nurse checked me. I was at an 8 and decided to lay on my side in the bed since the contractions were too strong for me to bear my weight on the ball or stay sitting in the shower. My nurse went on break and two other nurses came to take over. They coached me through until I was at a 10 and then my nurse came back but was happy to let everyone stay. They called in the Doctor to deliver. I was having a hard time getting a good rhythm with my final pushes. I was laboring on my right side at this point and holding my leg up to push. Tony was at the head of the bed sitting on a chair to be eye level with me. He gave me cold washcloths between pushes and held my puke bucket during pushing. I didn’t feel sick, but did throw up a few times. I yelled with the final few pushes. I pushed for about 45 minutes. I did not take an epidural or any serious pain meds. Ian Wayne Dokter was born at 6:18pm. Tony got to announce the gender and cut the cord. He was put on my tummy right away and cried almost as soon as he was out. He scored 9 our of 9 on his Apgar and was able to stay with me while I was sticked up (second degree tears) and delivered the placenta (which I didn’t bother to look at but was surprised how much it hurt to do). Ian was then taken to be warmed and weighed. Tony told me from the other side of the room all the details. He was brought back to me right away and stayed with me until I was settled into a post partum room. By then, there were no private rooms left (there were at least six other women who had babies around the time I did). I got stuck with the Trailer Park Family and was very happy to be discharged less then 24 hours later. Ian continued to rock every check up. I was also told I was healing well. I am on regular doses of normal Tylenol as long as I need it. Ian was a little jaundiced, but not enough to be kept. Breast feeding was touch and go at the hospital. Ian had a great sucking reflex but was not very hungry. He got a bit better at home. He doesn’t like being put down and at the moment, is being passed between Mom and Dad for cuddle time.

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Kinsley Nicole (Stacey26)

Well actually she got here on May 3 at 2:46 pm, exactly 39 weeks. She weighed 7lbs and 7 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. I started having contractions at 2:55 in the morning and kept track of them and they were about 1 to 4 min apart and lasted about 20 to 30 seconds. I didnt wake DH up until 4ish and layed in bed until about 7 and then we finally got up and got the bags packed and went to the hospital. The contractions weren't too bad, I mean they hurt but not too bad. When we got into the hospital I was 90% effaced and about a 3. They got me all ready and sent me up to my l&d room. They broke my water at about 12 and I pushed through 6 contractions and she was here! I had an epi and didn't feel a thing. I barely tore, he said it was 1st degree tear. I don't even hurt do there. It was so easy, not sure how I got so lucky!! She was jaundice because my milk hadnt come in but she is good now. She has her days and nights mixed up...not fun!! But we are enjoying her so much!!!

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Sean Isaac (Rollergirly2)

Sean was born on May 5, 2011 at 1:41 pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 11 oz. (a whole pound bigger than his older brothers) and was 19.5 inches long. I went in for my Cervadil at 10pm on Wed. night, which was sort of painful and I didn't get too much sleep, but I woke up excited at 5am on Thurs. because I knew it was baby day! They started Piotcin around 8:30am. When the Dr. came to check me at 9:30 I was barely dialated and 40% effaced. She wanted to break my water, but I was so tense that she recommended getting the epidural and she would come back in an hour. I got the epidural and much needed pain relief and she broke my water around 10:45. My mom arrived around 12:45pm and the dr. checked me around then and said I was 4cm. Then around 1:15 pm I was suddenly in a lot of pain. DH went to find a nurse. The woman next door was having a little trouble and it was about 10 mins. before she came in. She looked at my contractions and called the dr. and things moved very quickly. She looked and could see the baby's head (hence the pain!) and their was a flurry of activity in the room. I pushed through the first contraction and then the second and there was Sean! He came out screaming and perfect. After 24 hrs. we were allowed to go home! His big brother love him to pieces and I have been spoiling him rotten (lots of naps on my chest Smile

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Irelyn Grace (janet&tim)

Irelyn Grace
May 9, 2011
7lbs. 12 ozs.
19.5 in.

Monday morning I woke up feeling sore all over as usual. Within an hour or two I noticed that I was having menstrual-like cramps in my back. After a while my belly was getting tight with them and my hips sore. I timed them for a bit and there was no pattern and they were all over the place so I figured they were probably nothing. I did take it easy for the rest of the morning and didn't go on the cleaning frenzy I had planned on since it was my first day of maternity leave. DH needed to run an errand himself and take MIL on an errand shortly after lunch and while I hesitated saying yes we were good I figured nah...this isn't it anyway. He sent me a text at 1:50pm asking how I was since we was about to pick up his mom. I told him I was fine but if they kept up or got stronger we may want to go in. I called him about 20 minutes later and told him to come home now we needed to go in. I called my mom and said to come on down to stay with DS. They both got to our house right before 3pm. As soon as DH walked in I said grab our bags on the bed let's go. The contractions were coming close and were really painful. We got to the hospital about 3:15pm and up to L&D at about 3:25pm. Once we walked into L&D another contraction hit and I heard the nurses say uh-oh and they came around the corner to usher me into a room and have DH give them my information.

I was supposed to go in room 12 but once I couldn't walk through a contraction the nurse took me to the first available room (she didn't want me scaring other patients since I was getting pretty vocal). She was calling for the delivery cart and handing me a gown. I told her I wanted to sit on the toilet since it was the most comfortable. She said don't sit for too long we don't want the baby born in the toilet. I really didn't think I was more than 7cm (if even that). While sitting there I stripped and got the gown on. She later told me wow you got changed fast. I climbed on the bed and one of my doctor's came rushing in. They were trying to page his attending and he said he already texted her. Luckily they were already on the floor with another patient. He quickly checked me and said I was complete. Then even more chaos began - the bed was getting broken down, he was throwing his labor gear on, the attending came in. Then my nurse said she's pushing I said wasn't on purpose I couldn't help it. My body had decided to take over. They told to just let my body take over at that point. I started pushing and my water broke everywhere. The nurses, attending, and my doctor started yelling for peds since there was meconium. From their reaction DH thinks it was quite a bit (I was pretty out of it). They told me to try to hold off until they could get there. The attending told him to make sure I was still complete after my water breaking. I think he had trouble checking since her head was right there. Then I started pushing again and there were more people in the room (so I assume peds made it). By then I couldn't even tell when I was having a contraction so I just pushed. Irelyn was born at 3:42pm.

I did end up with a 2nd degree tear which is healing wonderfully. Even though they numbed me before stitching me up I would have much rather had an epidural in place for the clean up. It really hurt as they were looking for any other tears. Compared to my recovery with DS this time is a cake walk. I think not having to push for 2.5 hours is the key. She has a perfect shaped head since she came so fast. We came home this afternoon. They offered to let us out Tuesday evening but it would have been late in the evening. Nursing is going well but I'm starting to get a little sore. My milk came in last night and I'm already starting to feel the engorgement now.

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Marielle Michelle (buckeyebaby)

Well, after not sleeping a wink on Thursday night, I showed up at the hospital on Friday morning at 5:30am for registration. I was checked in and had yet more labs drawn due to my BP being elevated yet once again, but then we headed to the OR. I was prepped and surgery began. Marielle Michelle was born at 8:03am weighing 6 lb, 11 oz (our biggest baby ever), and she is 19 1/4 inches long! She latched on right away and nursed for over 20 minutes in recovery, and then she was taken to the nursery to have all of her clean up/work up done. Because my legs were like cement blocks, and I couldn't move, I had to sit in recovery until after about being antsy and anxious...I just wanted to see my little girl again! Finally made it to my room, and they brought our sweet baby girl to us...she is the absolute BEST baby ever! She nurses like a champ, and she let me get 5 hours of sleep on her first night. She's is averaging eating about every 4-5 hours, so I can handle that! I am still VERY sore, and I have a LOT of swelling from all of the fluid they pushed through me (due to the fact that I was SO sick from the spinal with my middle DD). But, it's all worth it! Marielle is such a snuggler, and she is such a mommy girl already! I sent her to the nursery for a couple of hours so I could try to rest (I had some serious pain meds on board), and they ended up bringing her to me saying she was crying and wanted to eat...nope, as soon as she hit my arms, the crying stopped! We tried to nurse, but she wasn't hungry at all...she just wanted to be in mommy's arms! Such an incredible blessing!!!

Our family in the hospital: Can you see the excitement on Marleigh's and Maurina's faces? They absolutely LOVE their new sister, Marielle! Smile

Marielle had her hospital pics taken today, and this is what she wore for them! Smile

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Milo Henry (April777)

So far, pictures are here:

Too sleepy to post any directly. Smile

Birth Story:

Induction was scheduled for 6 pm. Got hooked up to IVs and so forth and had water broken at 7:15 pm. Pitocin was started then, too. Contractions were immediately very strong and I was asking for my epidural by 8. Anesthesiologist came very quickly but it took 4 tries to get it right. In the end, the epidural was too high and I was numbed from the shoulders down. Very unnerving and for a short while I panicked about it until I got used to it.

Just around 8:30 I was 8-9 cm. It moved very quickly until this point. At this time however I just stalled and made virtually no progress. A catheter to empty my bladder was placed and removed twice around 12:30 am or so, and it seemed to do the trick. I was complete by 1. The bladder provided just enough cushion to keep him from dilating me that last bit.

Around 1 am I was ready to push but the epidural was still too strong so they turned it off. Long story short, I pushed until he was born at 3:15 am. Not ideal for a second baby at all, that's for sure. Unlike my first delivery where the doctor (different one) just caught her at the end, he coached me the entire time with the nurse. I was the only woman in labor last night, so he said he had nothing to do but hang out with me. He was dumbfounded as my pushing was very effective and strong (so he said)...yet the baby could not come down no matter what we did. He did a lot of pacing the room between contractions, a lot of thinking aloud, and a lot of grumbling about how the baby just couldn't get down past my pubic bone. After pushing for so long and contemplating a vacuum delivery to avoid a section, he finally realized that the issue is that my pubic bone is tilted just a small amount to one side. The tilt was just too much for him to pass beneath in his current position. So he propped up my bum on one side with pillows so I was also tilted to the side (opposite direction), and then manually rotated the baby's head just a tiny amount to match the tilt of the bone. Voila! 3 strong pushes and he came into the world screaming his lungs out.

I had a TON of bleeding but no sign of tearing before the baby was born. The doctor was really concerned I was going to develop a severe hematoma requiring an emergency OR visit after delivery to repair/prevent severe bleeding. It turned out that I just tore very badly on the inside when he couldn't get past the bone. He also performed an episiotomy, and I did have some additional external tearing. So to my dissatisfaction, from his head beating up my pubic bone for 2 hours and all the tearing, I'm extremely uncomfortable and taking quite a bit of meds. The swelling is very bad. And I have two of the world's largest hemorrhoids. Hooray! :rolleyes:

So, pretty bummed that the delivery was so difficult. But in the end, the labor was fine, and the baby is such a doll, so it's all worth it.

Zoey came to meet him this afternoon and really acts upset if we talk about him. It's going to be a slow process for her to warm up to him I think. She was also stand-offish toward me. Hopefully she does okay with the transition. I'm sure it will be better when I'm home.

Nursing is better now almost 24 hours in. He was taking upwards of 20 minutes just to figure out how to latch, and then nursing very little. But the last 2 feeds were his idea, and he latched right away so I think he's getting the hang of it. His last feed he wanted to eat after just 2 hours though. Prior to that he was every 3. Trying to keep him on that schedule as it's nice to not always be nursing, but we'll see.

I'm just so in love with my little man! Smile

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Sophia Elizabeth (JennsDessertCrew)

Sophia Elizabeth "Sophie"
April 22nd at 10:21pm
7lbs 18in
37weeks 5days

I had an FFN test done at 31 weeks and it came back positive. From 32 weeks on I was dilated to 3. Thursday the 21st I cleaned the house like a mad woman. Squatting while scrubbing toilets hoping to get my contractions going. Though I constantly had them they were only strong here and there. DTD that night. The next morning I had an appointment at 9:30. Baby did great on her NST and like always lots of contractions. I requested my dr to check me. While waiting in the room I felt the contractions getting a lot stronger. He checked me and said I was about 4 1/2. I told him how the contractions were pretty noticeable. He told me he was going out of town that evening until Monday. I then begged for him to break my water, knowing I wouldn't make it through the weekend. I really wanted him to deliver. By this time it was 11am. He agreed but said I needed to go straight to the hospital. I said no problem and drove myself! Checked myself in then called Brian. I was just so darn excited I wasn't thinking. My Dr came over at 12 checked me and said I was 4.5-5cm and he couldn't break my water because there was no bag to break. He said either my water broke or baby was just too far down. I was contracting every 3-4 minutes and they were getting stronger. I agreed to start pitocin. My last delivery was an hour and a half with it. So we expected the same with it. My doctor was leaving at 5pm. I assured him I was going to have this baby before then. Before they could start the pitocin I felt a gush. After that pretty much every contraction I had I felt a gush!
Brian got there about 1. The girls were going to their Dad's for the weekend and I had everything planned. I was also going to have this baby at 3pm I decided! 3 came and went. I didn't feel any different and refused to be checked. I drank a lot and went to the bathroom constantly. I was starving and convinced Brian to get me a granola bar from a vending machine. I can't believe I forgot to pack snacks! At 5 pm my dr came in to check me and I knew I hadn't progressed, the contractions were stronger but I didn't have increased pressure. He said he was going to run into town and to let the nurse know if I felt any difference and he would be back. Brian and I tried to talk about names and he finally said "I don't like Lacey" so now I was back to square one. We decided we would just wait until she was born.Nothing exciting. Contractions hurt but I knew nothing too exciting was happening. I was also starving! So I begged, pleated and cried for Brian to go and get me a Subway sandwich. He also admitted to leaving the dog outside, expecting me to already have a baby by now. So off I sent him home and to Subway. I spent a lot of time on the rocking chair since I was on continuous monitoring. I couldn't go far but I felt like baby was posterior and wanted to be upright as much as possible. My new nurse was a little shocked Brian left. I explained I told him to go, all about the dog you know! She said I was her only patient so she sat with me and we chatted. She had 4 babies all naturally and we talked about her 2 year old Grandson. She looked a bit concerned asking if I even felt the contractions. I said yes but not enough pressure yet. My doctor came back at 9pm and said he really had to go and how sorry he was. I was a bit more uncomfortable and just didn't care. We wished each other well and the other Dr came in and had a seat. My sandwich was now here and all I wanted to do was eat it. So I tried to keep the convo short and sweet to get him out. He was a nice Dr who I had met a few other times. He was actually a Naval Dr from the base. He said I was his only patient and to let the nurse know when I felt anything and he would just be outside. I wasn't too chatty at this point. I inhaled my 6" turkey & avocado sandwich as quick as possible. Brushing all the crumbs off so I couldn't be "caught"! I was a bit more irritable. My oldest kept texting me. Her last text at 9:30 said "we all like Sophie or Macey the best" I replied "Goodnight, it's going to be awhile. I love you". I then started with the tears. My youngest wasn't going to be my youngest anymore, 5 kids, just a hormonal mess. My nurse was in the room and joked about me still being able to text away on my phone. 9:40 I decided I was done. Wanted drugs, needed drugs. Just the "happy" ones I said to get me over this hump I said. The nurse was so calm and S-L-O-W about discussing IV medications. She said she was pretty sure I was past 8 cm and it was too late for them. I was shaking like a mad woman uncontrollably denying I was in transition. She checked me and I was 8 then instantly "no your a 9 I just felt the cervix snap over baby's head". Again I asked if baby was posterior and she said she didn't think so. I said I would wait for an epidural but she said I wouldn't be able to sit still. All with a calm smile on her face. Next thing I knew my room was full of nurses, the Dr, a respiratory therapist, and some techs. It's a very small hospital and I swear half the staff was in there! Luckily I knew all the nurses from my preterm stay. 2 even admitted they just wanted to come see her. Brian says "So what about Sophie", seriously now is not the time to talk names. Now everyone in the room is talking about names. My response "Whatever"! The spot lights were turned on and my irritability went through the roof. Off went the lights. I refused to put my feet in stirrups the Dr said ok and went to put them down then I yelled I wanted them. I didn't feel the urge to push, I was shaking but didn't feel that pressure. I asked to labor down. He said I could but baby was right there. I was also told baby was bald which kind of depressed me. I pushed, whined, complained and said I couldn't do it for almost a half hour. Then I heard something "presentation". All I could think about was a vacuum being used like my first delivery. I admitted to myself at this point I was terrified for some reason and needed to snap out of it. The Dr told me not to push. I gripped onto Brian and it felt like forever I stared into his eyes waiting for the go ahead. Dr pushed baby back a bit and rotated her. I pushed when he said to. Oh look we have hair I heard! 2 pushes later Sophia Elizabeth was out and screaming. We had immediate skin to skin for more than an hour. A quick clean up and she was again back to me. I had some issues getting the placenta out. With previous hemorrhages I felt my anxiety really getting to me and begged for some pain relief. At that point after baby I got my IV drugs. Some internal tears but nothing that needed stitches. I had to have a dose of pitocin and methergine but I expected it. It ended up that Sohie was a "facial presentation" her mouth and nose were coming out first. She was literally sticking her tongue out! The doctor said though he's seen some facial presentations never has he seen a tongue coming out of a well you know! The nurses said that doctor is awesome with rotations and if it was my doctor I would have had a crash c-section. So I'm thankful things turned out the way they did. She ended up having to transfer to another hospital due to her being coombs positive with a bili of 18 at 36 hours old. With a c-section I wouldn't have been able to go with her so quickly.
All in all I'm happy with my experience. The hospital Dr's and nurses were wonderful to me and her. I was hesitant about it being such a small hospital but I definitely got one on one care and my wishes were respected. At the bigger hospital she was transferred to I felt like we were more like a number. I'm very glad I didn't deliver there.

Off to Desert Regional

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Grayson William (MsJill)

Our sweet Grayson William is here! He was born Monday, May 16th. I went in for a scheduled induction but was already in labor. They broke my water, gave me some pitocin and it was on. The labor was great and fast (the epidural needed to be placed THREE times but it actually worked, as opposed to DD's that never worked) but the delivery was terrifying. He had mild shoulder distocia, came out blue and spent time under observation (we didn't get to see him for 4 hours). But, he's great now and HUGE! My milk is in and I'm in engorgement hell. Trying to just get through hour by hour right now. I have third degree tears, internal and external stitches and am feeling quite sore!

Weight: 10lbs, 8.6oz
Length: 22 inches

And, pictures!

This is my last belly picture (40w, 1d according to ME; 39w, 2d according to the dr.):

I got to hold him for a brief second:

Maddie and Grayson meet :grin::

DH surprised me with a stork (he did the same thing for DD's birth) in our yard:

And finally, at home today:

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Alexa and Mikayla (KittenChops)

So the birth story starts on April 22nd in the evening. I had already been dilated to 3cm for several days and having bouts of contractions for a few weeks. I was due to be admitted to the hospital on the 23rd to have my water broken. But, I started having regular contractions that night that were increasing in intensity, so I called my doc and went in the night before. When I got to the hospital, I was dilated to 4cm, I think about 80% effaced and having regular contractions. My doc said I could labor on my own through the night and he would be there in the morning to break my water.

Well, just like every other time, my contractions petered out after a few hours and had pretty much stopped by the time morning came. My doc came in around 8am and broke my water. We were hoping that this would kickstart active labor for me, but it didn't and after a few hours, my doc ordered some pitocin for me. Well, that got things going, lol!!! I labored for a few hours and once I was about 7cm, I requested an epidural. That was nice because I was able to relax a bit and rest before pushing. After a couple hours, I was ready to go so they wheeled me into the OR for my delivery.

Alexa came out feet first in about two pushes. Her head came out easily, she was born 4/23 @ 3:40pm. She was 5lb 8oz and 16in long. Mikayla then flipped in my uterus to a head down position, so she was born normally and not breech. She was born @ 3:47pm in 3-4 big pushes, weighed 6lb 1oz and was 17.5in long. I was so very happy because my doc didn't cut me this time (he had cut me in my first delivery, and then again with Tira and Chase). I tore a little, I think he said it was a second degree tear, not bad at all.

Then things got a bit scary, I guess I was bleeding pretty badly. I started seeing stars, and I told my doc about it. He said I was losing a lot of blood and they needed to get the bleeding stopped asap, so they gave me some kind of shot, and he reached into my uterus with one had and was massaging my uterus from the inside and the outside. That felt pretty weird. After several mins, I guess they got the bleeding controlled enough to get me stitched up. Then they gave me an anal suppository of Cytotec or something like that to continue to control the bleeding.

The first night was very hard. I was in a lot of pain, but the girls were good and were nursing like champs. After those first few days, the pain got a lot better. This was by far my easiest labor and delivery, and I'm so very glad that we decided to do the breech delivery instead of a c section. I wish more docs would be open to doing breech deliveries.

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Willow Avery (renee24)

So at my last OB appt (20 May) they decided to perform an induction for Thursday (26 May) since we hit the 40w2d mark and baby girl just didn’t look like she wanted to come. At this appt I was 1cm dialated. Fast forward to Wednesday where we went to drop the kids off to the in laws and skipped church so that we could get the kids settled in at a decent hour. The whole way there and back I started having contractions about 3 mins apart for about a minute long, but I didn’t think it meant much because that happened before on long car rides so I figured that they’d just go away when we got home. But they didn’t, instead they became further apart. I decided to go to bed around 11 to see if they’d go away, but they didn’t. At midnight I got into the shower to relax more but still they came, though still 10-15mins apart but almost all back labor. After I got out I decided that if I couldn’t get rid of them I might as well join and try to get them to pick up, but nope. I sat on the birthing ball. I walked around. I cleaned. I ate. Nothing would get them to come on faster so I finally went back to bed at 3am. By 4am I decided I’d had enough of the back labor so I woke DH and told him I wanted to go into L&D, mostly with the hope that a nurse or doc could help me get her to turn around. So in we went.

Once we got there I was checked in to triage to monitor baby and see what they wanted to do. When checked I was 2cm dialated at that point. Well little girl was fine except that she wasn’t as active as they’d like so they did an u/s. After 30 mins there and not moving they asked if I wanted to just do a repeat c-section or wait an hour and try the u/s again. I chose the latter. I was checked again, while we waited for a repeat u/s, and was at 3cm which I thought was awesome considering contractions were coming every 30 minutes or so now. During the repeat u/s there was still no change and the docs weren’t comfy with trying for a vba2c at that point as it didn’t seem labor was immanent and they didn’t want to induce a vba2c. So we decided on a repeat c-section and started the process of checking in. I’m sure we had more reasons than her being non-responsive, but I just can’t remember what they were.

Once on the table I was very annoyed because the epidural made me feel extremely tingly and uncomfortable. Once in the doc commented on how my uterine wall was very thin and would have ruptured with a trial of labor so it was a good thing we didn’t give it a shot. I was already at peace about losing a chance for a TOL and now I knew why. Finally baby girl arrived on the scene crying and covered in meconium. This is where my memory becomes altered, but Bobby had the presence of mind to take pictures here to help fill in blanks. Apparently I got to meet and touch baby girl before they left but have no memory of it what so ever. Once down in the recovery room I amazed everyone with starting to move almost immediately.

Finally I got to see baby girl, the fastest I’ve ever seen any of my babies and it was wonderful. She was soo tiny! When I saw her my first thought was that she’d have been easy to push out, lol. Her older sister, Rya, looked huge, but baby looked about as big as her 6lb brother had been. I’m so in love with her.

So Willow Avery was born @ 1122 am via rcs weighing 7lbs 4.9oz with a head circumference of 36cm. I know she looks huge in the pics but she's so tiny IRL.

jski88's picture
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 07/27/10
Posts: 461
Grace Katherine

Grace is here!!! Born 5/24 5:57 am- 6 lbs. 8 oz. 19 inches (38 + 6 weeks)
Will add birth story shortly:)

On Monday May 23rd I had my 39 week appointment. I was dialted to 2-3 cm (had been 1-2 the previous week) and about 50% effaced. My Dr. mentioned that he was suprised I was still pregnant as Grace was very low and pushing on my bag of waters. We attempted another membrane sweep- but I really didn't think it was going to do anything, since I had one the week before and it hadn't done much, but maybe dilated me a bit more.
After my appointment I came home and felt a little crampy, but knew that was completely normal after a membrane sweep. I didn't notice any spotting or anything- so I was really feeling like nothing was going to happen. I went about my day, and went to bed around 8:30/9:00 pm. I was feeling like the cramping was more intense- but it felt like period cramps and they weren't coming and going like contrax. they just ached all the time. At exactly 12:00 am I woke up b/c I felt a small gush- I immediately thought it was my water- but wasn't sure (it was kind of funny b/c I was in the middle of a dream and in my dream I pee'd myself, lol) so I got up went to the bathroom and noticed the cramping was much stronger- not too painful, but more uncomfortable than I had ever been this pregnancy. I noticed maybe a tiny gush while I was peeing, but I still wasn't 100% sure at that time that it was my waters. So, I stood up went out to the living room and just sort of swayed my hips and rocked back and forth a minute, well, bigger gush came- enough to soak my underwear. So, back to the bathroom I went to check the color etc. it was clear...gave it the sniff test- definitely my amniotic fluid. I grabbed one of d/s's diapers and took it into the bedroom and changed my undies. As I lifted a leg to put on a clean pair, a huge gush came- soaking me and leaving a puddle on the floor. I lined my underwear with the diaper I stole from d/s- b/c I knew that would last longer than a pad- and at the rate I was gushing fluid...I thought I could go through a 1/2 a pack of diapers, lol. Anyway, I woke up d/h and told him it was "go time." He got up and got the rest of whatever we needed for the boys and carried them out to the car. I grabbed a few things for me, and we were on our way. At this point the contractions had already started and were getting more and more intense, but still not too painful- I moaned through them in the car (we had about a 40-50 minute drive to the hospital and had to drop off the boys at my mom and dad's- which was about 15 minutes from the hospital) we started timing them about half way there and they were coming about 3-5 minutes apart. We got to the hospital around 1:15 am or so. I opted to take the stairs instead of the elevator (no idea why) and made it to L&D. D/h had called while we were driving, so, they were expecting us. We got settled in the room and the nurse asked me some questions about the amniotic fluid and them checked me and wanted to make sure my waters broke ( I had no doubts about it) as she checked me another huge gush came and basically soaked her entire arm, lol. Poor nurse. She started freaking out a little...I was pretty confused as to why...and then she told me I was complete and ready to "go." I was like "what!!!?" There is NO WAY I'm complete. My contrax. were coming consistantly and getting more and more painful- was having to focus and breathe...and then she said that and I panicked. Especially when she said I would not be able to have an epidural. I was just soo shocked...I knew it wasn't possible that I was "ready to push" - she had already called my OB and he was on his way. She kept asking me if I felt "pushy" and I said no, just feel like I need to have a b.m.- but nothing intense or anything. She checked me again...she was sure I was ready to roll. She said she couldn't feel any cervix etc. I still didn't believe her. I told her my cervix is usually VERY posterior, but, she was the had to know better than I- or so I thought. Well, Dr. arrived in about 10 minutes looking half asleep, lol. They had everything set up for delivery ready for me to push. Well, my Dr. checked me and said, I was probably about 4-5 cm 75 % effaced. THAT sounded right. He just told the nurse that she wasn't going back far enough, so that's why she didn't feel my cervix. I relaxed a bit more now that I knew things weren't happening so quickly. We all just kind of laughed it off and I continued to labor. Around 3:30 am things picked up and I was getting pretty uncomfortable. I decided I was in transition b/c I started to get the shakes and was really feeling the contractions. I decided I wanted the epidural so I could get some rest and relax. I was pretty tired already. So, the epi. man came, did his thing and I was feeling much better. Around 5:30(?) the nurse checked my and said it was time to push for real this time, lol. So, she called my Dr. back (he had gone back home to sleep) and he came in, got ready, and away we went. I pushed for about 20 minutes and out she came at 5:57 am! Once again, I got lucky and had not a tear or scratch, so no stitches needed
She's doing really well so far with breastfeeding. She still has her days and nights mixed up- so she wants to nurse all night and not so much during the day...but she sleeps ALL the time! She's the "easiest" of all my babies. She's very content and happy- very rarely cries. She ws down 4 oz. from her birthweight at her 1 week appointment, but is healthy and well

Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 05/14/07
Posts: 253
Grace Katherine (jski88)

some pics: Smile