Meet the Ladies of October '06!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Meet the Ladies of October '06!

  1. #1
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Nova Scotia

    Default Meet the Ladies of October '06!

    October 2006 Girls and Families!

    Here you will find a little bit about our regulars here at October 2006! Pictures of our little ones, recent updates/news, our birth stories, and lots of other tidbits we wish to share!

    **Please read the following before posting…**

    ~ Do not post comments directly on this thread.
    ~ If you‘re an October 2006 member, reserve your space and then edit it each time you wish to update your “space”. Therefore, you are only making ONE post, and then using the “edit” option to change it. You do this by clicking on the “edit” button that will be at the top of your post.
    ~ To make your space more interesting feel free to use allowed html or bbcode. A handy guide can be found here -
    ~ Please remember that some members have slower internet connections, therefore shrink your pictures down to an appropriate size (approximately 320x252 pixels), and keep your total number of pictures down to 10 or less (remember, you can always switch them up when you want to add new ones!)
    ~ And finally, update often! We love seeing those growing babies!

  2. #2
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Nova Scotia


    Rebecca’s Space!

    I’m a 24 year old Canadian. I married the love of my life September 3rd, 2005. The second love of my life arrived November 10th, 2006 - my dear daughter Ella.

    Our Wedding…


    A few hours old… Born November 10th, 2006 at 10:52am, 8lbs 13oz.

    Now 1 year old!…

    Click here for my Birth Story and Journal

    Recent News!

    She's a walking, talking toddler! She now has 8 teeth poking through and her vocabulary includes: Mama, Daddy, doggie, kitty, bird, ow, baby, hot and Papa.


    Breastfeeding has been a great birth control... unfortunately. Long cycles, short luteal phase. Currently giving B vitamins a shot and I actually o'd a semi-normal time the cycle. Come on BFP!
    Last edited by rmacburn; 11-23-2007 at 02:33 PM.

  3. #3


    Christina's Space

  4. #4
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2006



    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  5. #5
    Prolific Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Sussex NB Canada


    Rebekah's Space

    Hi my name is Rebekah, I am 22 and Jonathon is 23. Jonathon and I met back in highschool when I was in grade 9 and him in grade 10, it is really odd how we met but I am beyond exscatic that we did, I guess we are high school sweethearts LOL!!

    He had alcohol poisioning and was out of school for 2 months and in the hospital in acoma for a long time he was only 15 and had 44% Blood Alcohol Level in his blood the doctors told the family/friends that he would never walk again and may never come out of acoma well he came to one night and got out of bed and walk, he knows how lucky he is to be alive because he knows he should have died, and he didn't but he was honestly close. When he tells his story it makes me cry everytime he saw that light that you hear about and then he woke up and had no clue where he was what had happened nothing at all. He was allowed to leave the hospital 1 week later the doctors told him not to go back to school right away untill they Ok it in a couple of months later. When he did the teachers decided in order for him to pass the year this was in March he had to go get help from the Resource and Methods Room and well I was in there because I can't and still can't do math so they stuck me in there with easy work so I was asked to help him it was english he was doing and that is what I did. I helped him all the time and saw him everyday untill he was done with the book To Kill A Mockingbird. He asked me out and I made him wait untill May before I gave him even an answer I didn't know who he was and I was so scared of guys at the time.

    Jonathon and I started going together on May 21st, 2000 he was doing drugs, smoking cigerettes, and drank beer occasionly but never ever Bacardy Rum again.

    By the time we graduated from highscool in the 2003, he stop doing drugs and hardly ever drinks he smokes still and that is Ok I don't do any of the 3 used to smoke but quit in grade 10 and never picked it up again. We graduated from a small school called P.A.L.S. on my birthday that was the best birthday present ever, getting my diploma and being done. His mom also graduated with us that year as well because she was getting her aldult diploma and where we didn't go to the high school we went to alternative school there were lots of adults there and it was actually an awesome experience and small classrooms and I loved that place.

    Well I decided to go to college in the fall and got accepted to one in Moncton but it took a long while I wanted to take Child and Youth Care Worker so that is what I began doing but then the college went under in February and that was the end of that dream, and have never gone back again to any other one.

    Jonathon and I worked Iknow one summer we work 2 and 3 different jobs one of them that we did together was work on a farm haying, and milking cows I loved that job and the ppl were great that we worked for but their son took over and he had 5 kids so they didn't need us anymore so it was winter and that was the end of that job. Jonathon worked security in out hospital and did that for quite awhile untill he was layed off. I started working on another farm but didn't like it as much as the one before but I stuck it out and continued to work there the bosses were not nice and made me do everything this was in year 2004 and Jonathon ended up getting laid off at the hopsital (short of work), so he worked with me on the farm we spent more time there than at home we worked 7 days a week for minum wage at the time $6.10 I worked there for a whole year and a half, they didn't pay us they owed us money were there the whole time on Christmas Day and well the deal was we were supposed to have New Years Eve off and well they told us that we had to work well Jonathon flipped because we had plans so as much as this sounds horrible we quit that day and never went back.

    We had an awesome New years Eve together and well we decided it was time for a baby not knowing that it would only take that one time this was December 31st, 2005 Alexis was conceived....

    I found out I was pregnant on January 20th and that was the best news ever. We were both surprised it happened so quick but we were extremly happy. I had my 1st doctor's appt on February 15 and I didn't like the fact that I had to go for blood i hate needles and hyperventilated on the poor nurses I knew it was going to happen it always did.

    I was sick from about that time on 24/7 only in the afternoon and all night never in the morning. I was on 4 Dicletin and it only worked when it wanted to. I only ate in the morning all day and that was it so I went for alot of U/S to make sure the baby was gaining weight because I wasn't I kept losing it because I was so sick all the time. I went for my gender U/S on May 3rd and they told us we were having a girl so that was exciting it didn't matter to me or John either way though.

    Well I was like that for the entire pregnancy and continue to go past my due date which was September 30th, 2006 went for lots of doctors aptts which were an hour away from where I live I went to them everyother day and then she told me they were going to induce me if I havn't gone into labour on my own well my induction day came October 10, 2006 she told me to wake up call the hospital to see if they have apace which they did so I ate and headed and we headed up there. We arrived there at 11:00am and they got things going, she checked me I was 1 cm dialted so there for she broke my water and got the me hook up to an IV which took forver and at one point of time they looked at John and asked him if he coudl calm me down and he asked " is that a needles you are sticking in her?" and the nurse said"yes we have to" so then he responed with "Good Luck with that one!" they finally got it after the 6th time I was crying, hyperventilating it was bad, once the nurse got it she taped up my entire arm there was no way she was putting me through that again.

    They got everything all hooked up and the Pictocin in me by 11:30am and they were trying to tell me to get an Epideral NO WAY we they sticking a needles in my back I didn't want drugs and the IV was bad enough but I had no choice on that matter, they monitored me and I walked the halls and at the end I was too tired to walk so I went back to me room and actually decided to get the Epideral so i didn't have to walk anymore well the Epi doctor was called and we waited in the meantime they were telling me I was going to be there all day and all night so that is all they kept telling us, my contraxions were off the charts and coming really close together back to back, they continued to do this. They checked me and I was cm so I was making some progress but not much little did they know......

    Jonathon went out for a smoke and I went to go pee well I had this major contraxion that I jumped off the toilet and peed all over the floor I was crying and felt soo bad and the nurse was really young and nice and told me I am not the 1st nor will I be the last which made me laugh and I thank her and she also todl me that I lose my dignity when I come to have a baby lol!

    Well I got back into my bed and waited some more for the Epi doctor to come he was really busy that day. Jonathon had not been back either yet but I had the push feeling and I told the nurse she said no you shouldn't have that already you are only 3 cm dialted you have to be 10 cm so she decided to check me anyway and the baby was coming out when she checked and the doctor had left the building and they had to call her to come back to deliver the baby...

    I pushed 4 times and our baby girl was out and where Jonathon was not there with me when she was born I got to cut the cord and pull her up to my chest that was an amazing experience. The baby was on the exam table and I was being stitched up because everything went so quick 2 hours and 10 min from start to finish so that was really good and no time for drugs LOL! Jonathon's brother went to walk in and well he looks at John and satys "ummmm John I think you missed something" He was disappointed but happy to hear that she was healthy she apgars were 10/10 both times so that was good they told him. I tried to breastfeed her because her sugars were low and well she would not latch on even though my milk had come in all the way, so they asked me if they could feed her an oz of formula and I agreed because it was for the benefit of the baby, and she took the bottle no problem at all.

    I was done being stitched up and was told to take a shower OMG that was the best feeling thing ever and it was baby and daddy time when I was in there he got to see her, hold her and just look at her she looked identical to him with his blonde hair that he had as a child I was very surprise to hear the doctor say "oh look at that blonde hair!" I was thinking blonde hair are you sure?

    Well I was done my shower and was wheeled to my room holding my baby girl while John wheeled me down the hallways and we went and got set up in our little space and then they took Alexis to do blood work and clean her up. I was feeling wonderful and Jonathon asked me "Ummmmm Hunny where did your belly go I lost it and was smaller than I started which was a bonus.

    They brought the baby back in after a hour or so and I tried feeding her again and she still wouldn't latch I ended up having to use a nipple shield and had to go see a Lactaction Consulatant she just would not latch propertly unless I used the nipple shield so that is what I did. We got to go home on October 12, 2006 before she wasn't even 2 days old when we reached Sussex the clock turned 1:50pm that is when she was 48 hours old and we were almost home it was the best feeling ever it downpoured whne we left the hospial I was soaked and we covered Alexis so she wouldn't get wet.

    We had to go to the Lactaction Consulatant every other day for 2 weeks it was also a hour away so that was not working and that is when I stopped breatfeeding Alexis because everytime we went in she wasn't gaining enough weight and they were concerned so we switch her to the bottle and she took it no problem and drank 16oz she was sooo hungry so I feel as I was starving her, but I know it wasn't on purpose.
    Alexis Grace is what we named her and that is the name we had picked out before she was even born.

    Alexis stats were....
    7lbs 0oz
    19.7 inches long

    Today she is....
    19lbs 2oz
    29 inches long

    So she has come a long way since we left the hospital and it was a wonderful experince and I was glad I didn't have to get the Epideral and that I had her with no pain meds.

    She is happy and healthly and a busy little girl who doesn't stay still anymore. She can sit, crawl, clap her hands, wave goodbye and say babye she loves anything she can't have and finds everything she can get into.

    Jonathon and I are busy planning a wedding and although this might sound strange we wanted to keep the original date that we started going out so that would be May 21st so that is the date for our wedding the only down fall is that it falls on a wednesday but we will work around that. I am so happy that we will be married next year if all things go right and that Alexis will be able to be our flower girl that is really important to both of us.

    Although I didn't fulfill my dream of doing the career I wanted to do I did fulfill my dream of becoming a mom that is the best feeling and job ever and I wouldn't change it for the world!


  6. #6


    ~Isaiah's Space~

    After 17 months of trying off and on, finally TWO PINK LINES!

    The Big Ultrasound -- It's a BOY!!!

    The Nursery

    Stopping the pre-term labor at St. Mary's Hospital

    Our awesome gift from the baby shower exchange

    My only belly shot. Noah is loving up his new little brother to be.

    Let's get this c-section on the road!

    First Doctor's Appointment

    Bathtime in the bathroom sink

    Happy Halloween little pumpkin

    Hospitalized with pneumonia

    First Christmas

    First Birthday

    Christmas 2007

    First Haircut

    Big Boy Room

    Isaiah loves airplanes
    Last edited by Mom-n-More; 08-31-2008 at 01:11 AM.

  7. #7
    Posting Addict ChristaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Chicago area

    Default Christa - Craig - Kendall

    More to Come - under construction!

    All about Christa
    Christa Joy, 34 -- Birthdate: December 22, 1972

    Christa's Family and Childhood:
    Christa, who's father, John, was in the AirForce, grew up traveling the world. With her family, she has been fortunate enough to have lived in North Dakota, Italy, Texas, Germany & New Hampshire. Her mother, Carleen, is a sixth grade teacher who raised three beautiful girls; Christa is the oldest. Her parents and youngest sister Dyan live in North Dakota while her other sister Amy lives in Colorado.

    Spreading her wings:
    After graduating from High School in 1991, Christa attended University. She graduated in 1996 with a bachelor's in Computer Science. After stints with companies in ND, NE, & MO, she currently is employed as an Information Technology Audit Manager for Kellogg's in Oak Brook, IL. She holds certifications in Internal Auditing (CIA) and Information Technology Audit (CISA).

    All about Craig
    Craig Patrick, 41 -- February 14, 1966

    Craig's Family and Childhood:
    Craig is the fourth of five children born to Vincent and Arla Faye. His childhood was spent on a farm in small town Iowa. From his up bringing, Craig learned to appreciate the outdoors and still loves to play in the dirt / garden! His father worked at Caterpillar, as a tool maker for 22-1/2 years, while his mother stayed home to raise their family. His older brother Jeff and younger sister Michele still live in Iowa. Eldest brother Steve passed away in 2004 and older sister Theresa died shortly after birth.

    Spreading his wings:
    Craig graduated from High School in 1985. In 1988, after obtaining his bachelor's in Business Administration from Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids, Craig moved to Chicago to attend Graduate school at Northwestern University. In 1991, he received his Master's in Direct Marketing! After various other jobs in the Chicago land area, currently, Craig is employed as a Marketing Manager with Harrah's Entertainment in Joliet, IL.

    Our Love Story
    Anniversary Date: August 19, 2005
    How we met XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    The Proposal XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Our Wedding XXXXXXXXXXXX

    Pregnancy & Birth

    The Pregnancy

    Birth Story
    Thursday, 10-5-06:
    5:30 a.m.-7:00 a.m.: Christa woke up at 5:30 a.m. having contractions; while her whole belly would tighten and her back was a bit achy, the most pain was across her lower pelvis. The contractions were pretty painful, so she assumed they weren’t the braxton hicks she had experienced earlier. At the time, they were coming about every 20 minutes or so.

    7:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: At about 7:00 Craig left for work and Christa fell back to sleep for a couple of hours. When she woke up, she was still having contractions, but they hadn’t increased in intensity and were still about 20 minutes apart.

    11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Christa decided to get up and do a few things around the house. She double checked her hospital bag and put in a few last minute items. Then she took a bubble bath, got dressed and did her hair and makeup. The contractions stopped for a few hours, so at this point she was thinking that she was in false labor and her body was still just preparing.

    3:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.: At around 3:00 p.m. the contractions started back up and she was feeling a bit nauseous. So, she thought she better put a little something on her stomach, so at about 4:00, she ate a cheese sandwich. The contractions were now about 10 minutes apart, very painful, and now shooting pain down the front of her thighs with each one.

    5:30 p.m.– 7:00 p.m.: Craig came home at 5:30 and we got ready to go to Christa's 39/40 week OB Appointment. At the appointment, Christa had lost 2 ½ pounds, the baby was head down and the heart rate was good, but they kept losing it on the doppler. They did an internal and said Christa was about 80% effaced and barely 1 cm dilated. However, her blood pressure which had been great the whole pregnancy was elevated to 140/80. They re-checked it and it measured 150/80. The doctor decided to send Christa to labor and delivery to be monitored for two hours and do blood and urine tests. It was now just after 7 p.m.

    7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Since Christa didn’t have her insurance card with her (it was packed in my hospital bag), we decided to head home first and get it. Craig decided we should take the bags with us just in case, but at this point, Christa was still thinking we would be coming home! On the way to the hospital we also noticed that it was a full moon!!

    8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.: We got to the hospital and they hooked Christa to the monitors about 8:30 p.m. Her blood pressure was jumping all over, but appeared to increase with the contractions. The machine was measuring the pressure of her stomach with each contraction; without a contraction it was about 14 and with the contractions was rising into the 80 & 90’s. The nurses said these were really strong contractions! Christa was still feeling them concentrated in her lower pelvis and down the front of her thighs.

    By the time the two hours were up, the doctor decided that Christa's blood pressure was stable enough to be safe and the blood and urine work came back good. However, Christa was throwing up and her contractions were now between 2 and 4 minutes apart. In addition, for the past hour or so, she had been experiencing coupling/clustering contractions. Essentially, the contractions would come in two’s and three’s one right after the other before pausing for the 2-4 minutes. The nurse said these types of contractions are pretty rare. They rechecked Christa and said she was about 80% effaced and was now a loose 1 cm dilated. The doctor still considered this early labor since she wasn’t really progressing. We were told our options were 1) get up and walk around for about an hour and they would recheck for progress, 2) go home and by morning the contractions would either have progressed and we would be back or they would have quit, or 3) stay the night in the hospital where they could administer pain and anti-nausea medicine. It was now 11:30 p.m.

    Friday, 10-6-06
    12 Midnight: At midnight, Christa was moved from the triage area to a labor/delivery/post-partum room since we decided to stay; they gave her nubain for the pain and something for nausea via a shot in her butt. They also kept her hooked to the monitors.

    3:45 a.m.: At 3:45 a.m. the doctor came in and did an internal exam and Christa was now 4 cm dilated, still having the coupling/clustering contractions and in a lot of pain. They decided to start an IV, break her water, and give her the epidural – even with all her concerns / hesitations about the epidural, when they asked if she wanted it, she immediately said yes. She was just in too much pain. The epidural had to be done twice, since they couldn’t get the line to feed the first time, but it really wasn’t painful, just a slight burn when they numbed the spot to insert the needle. The epidural made Christa totally numb from her hips down. She could still feel pain with the contractions in her lower pelvis, but the epidural provided a little relief since she no longer felt them in her thighs. She was also hooked to a catheter, but didn’t feel that being placed at all; if they hadn’t told her about it, she would never have known! Christa tried to sleep, but it didn’t work!

    5:00 a.m.: At about 5:00, the doctor decided the epidural had slowed down the contractions a bit so she hooked Christa up to pitocin to keep them going. Not only did the pitocin increase the frequency, but also the intensity of the contractions. Christa didn’t like this drug at all!

    6:00 a.m.: Christa was re-checked at 6:00 a.m. and they said she was now at 8 cm! The doctor told Craig that we would have a baby within a few hours. So, within just two hours, Christa dilated from a 4 to an 8!

    7:15 a.m. – 9:16 a.m.: At 7:15 a.m. Christa was checked again and they said she was now at 10 cm and ready to push! So, in just one hour, she dilated the remaining two centimeters. The nurse had Christa pushing with every other contraction since they were coming so close together and they needed to allow the baby and Christa some recovery time.

    By 8:00 a.m. Christa was throwing up again and the baby started showing some signs of distress, they were having difficulty keeping track of her heart rate and she appeared to be periodically skipping a beat. So, they put the baby on an internal monitor, which seemed to show the same thing. At about 9:00 a.m., the doctor decided to give Christa an episiotomy and use the vacuum to help pull the baby out. They used three different vacuums before the doctor had a good suction. As a precaution, they also called in the perinatologist (sp? – a doctor who specializes in infants) to be there once the baby was born.

    9:16 a.m.: At 9:16 a.m. our beautiful daughter made your debut. Once she was out, the doctor cut her cord and immediately passed her off to the perinatologist. She didn’t cry right away, which concerned Christa, but as soon as she asked why the baby wasn’t crying the whole room laughed as the baby cried right on cue!

    It turns out that Kendall had the cord wrapped around her torso and her arm. Her legs and one arm looked gray/purple when she was first born. But, she checked out fine with apgar scores of 8 & 9!! We also had to ask the doctor whether it was a boy or girl – she forgot to tell us!

    Even with the episiotomy, Christa still tore. The doctor said she has a fourth degree tear. While the doctor delivered the placenta and gave Christa stitches, Craig watched them clean up our daughter and took lots of pictures! He was then able to hold her and brought her over to meet her Mommy!

    They told us that Christa's total "active" labor time was considered less than 9 hours and was great for a first time Mommy! We are so in love and still getting settled; Kendall is nursing about every 2-3 hours and doing wonderfully. When we left the hospital her weight was down to 6 lbs, 7oz. But, her jaundice and PKU tests came back normal!

    All about Kendall

    Kendall made her debute October 6, 2006 at 9:16am. She weighed 6lbs, 14oz and was 19.5 inches long. Since then, she has been growing and growing!

    Kendall's Growth Stats:
    4 mo Stats: 13pds, 5oz and 24-3/4 inches long
    6 mo Stats: 14pds, 9oz (20%) and 26 inches long (56%)
    9 mo Stats: 17lbs (18%) and 27-3/4 inches long (56%)
    1 yr Stats: 18pds, 6oz (10%) and 28-1/4 inches long (24th %)
    15 mo Stats: 20pds, 1oz (11%), 31 inches (67%), head circumference is 45.3(32%)
    18 mo Stats: 22lbs, 10oz (22%), 32 inches (55%), head circumference 47cm (61%)
    2 yr Stats: 25pds, 4oz. (33%) and 33.5 inches (43%)

    Kendall's major milestones:

    Latest News
    Last edited by ChristaM; 10-24-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Me: Christa, 41
    DH: Craig, 47 (Married: 8/19/05)
    DD: Kendall Evelyn (10/6/06)
    DS: Quentin Vincent (4/14/09)

    : November 2012@ 10 weeks (due date: 6/22/13)
    : June 2013 @ 7-1/2 weeks (due date: 2/10/14)
    : December 2013 @ 4 weeks (due date: 8/9/14)
    : April 2014 @ 4 weeks (due date: 1/1/15)
    : July 2014 @ 4 weeks - Chemical (due date: 3/5/15 )

  8. #8


    Last edited by lvgal; 09-13-2007 at 05:04 PM. Reason: update photo

  9. #9
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Kansas City MO


    Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

  10. #10



+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions