Honestly, I'm really frustrated. People keep calling to see if there's any news, and of course, there hasn't been. My fil called this morning to see if anything was happening, and he and my mil are watching DD #1 when we go to the hospital, so what made him think that we wouldn't call him if something was going on?!?
The dr's office also called and said they have a spot open for an induction for tomorrow morning if we wanted that one instead of waiting till' Monday. My dr. is making me get induced Monday because she doesn't want her patients to go past 41 weeks. I know it's MY body, etc., but I just never thought I'd be making this decision. DD 1 was 3 days early, and everyone assumed that this baby would come early too.
My dr. is also not on call this weekend and so if they baby comes this weekend, then I'm stuck with someone else that I don't know and that doesn't know my birth plan and may or may not agree with it like my dr. does.
I am just stressed. I want my baby here so we can move on with life. I just feel like everything is on hold. But, I also don't want an induction just for convenience sake. Help!!!
Do you have an extra copy of your birth plan? I had a midwife and they kept it in my chart. It was great. I didn't even have to say anything it was just followed. If you don't decide to get induced then I would just give an extra copy to the nurse to follow.
Come out baby! come out! We've had several ladies have their babies right before the scheduled inductions. Don't give up hope yet!! I hope you can come to a good decision or that you don't have to make a decision and the LO decides to make an appearance.
I hope this is it for you soon!! I know you must be stressed. I was "scheduled" for an induction with my second (at 40 weeks!), but thankfully I went on my own a few days before. If I did get to induction day though (and everything was fine w/ baby), we were going to "forget" to show up. We had lots of sex, walking and spicy food and he finally came out on his own! I hope you are making some progress.
Gosh sweetie, you're getting hit from all sides, aren't you? I can't believe how positive you're staying. I'm very proud of your persistance. I honestly would sit back, and try to relax this weekend and just save up all your energy for Monday's induction. If you go on your own, then great, but try to enjoy the time with DD and unplug the phone.
Ugh. I'm supposed to call the dr. today and let them know if I'm going to go in. I think at this point DH wants me to so that I don't risk not getting my own dr. as she's not on call this weekend. She told us to come in around 8 if we wanted, but DH hardly slept, so I know that 8's a no-go. DH has to go back to work on the 1st, so I really didn't want to wait till Monday cause then we'd only be home for like 2 days before he goes back to work. By work, he' a pilot, so he's out of town... I think it'd be a little different if he had a "regular" job and worked 8-5 or something, cause' at least then he'd be here at night to help put DD 1 to bed, etc. Why does this have to be so hard?
Jenny IMO, I would go for the induction. I set up an induction as my dd was a week and a half overdue and I was more relaxed knowing it was set day and I didnt have to stress about when she would come. Mind you, knowing that, I was so relaxed she decided to come on her own. I know its your body and your choice, its just a thought.