~*August Fireflies Birth Stories*~
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: ~*August Fireflies Birth Stories*~

  1. #1
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Lancaster, PA

    Default ~*August Fireflies Birth Stories*~

    Post the story of your August Firefly's birth here!

  2. #2
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    New York


    ok I guess Ill go first!!

    Cheryl Rachel's Birth Story

    Well Ive been having contrax for a while before actual labor and I told the doc about it so he checked me and i was 1 cm. I came back the next weeks still having contrax, not killing but they hurt a little and he checked me agian and I was 3 cm I figured Id be going any day now since I was still getting contrax here and there. So DH dropped me home (poor guy had a really busy day that day) and I was doing the usual, put Sari for a nap and came on the comp. I went to the bathroom and when I was wlaking back I felt a tiny drip. I was like OMG its my water! I was having contrax the whole time whlile I was home but didnt really pay attnetion to them) so I called DH he came home right away left all his busy stuff! hehe I felt bad!!! Then I didnt feel the drip anymore but I was still getting contrax five minutes apart so DH insisted I call and I kept telling no no is probably nothign as usual I dont wanna go all the way to the city, then the doc will tell me its nothing then we gotta go all the way back home...so finally DH convinced me to call (he was practcally draging me out of the house bc I was already 3 cm) so I called and went in, then they started to get worse. but they were still bearable, oh and get this My water wasnt leaking! weird no? so the Doc checked me I was 4 cm! all that time and only 4 cm! hehe so i went to the hospital they got me a room and everything, I got my epi, then they checked me and I was 5 cm. SO the doc broke my water (it was so gross!) and said things will pick up now, and oh boy did it pick up! He kept checking me and within 10 minutes I was 10 cm! I couldnt believe it!!! After the broke my water, since I was dialating so fast the epi wasnt really helping and there was sooooo much pressure! whoa tons and it hurt!!!! so the doc calle din the anesthesia guy and he put more medicine in me but it didnt really work! then all of a sudden I got this crazy urge to push! like whoa!!!! I almost jumpedoutta the bed!!! so I started pushing, and I thought I was making on the doc so i stopped!!! he goes no ur not making thats the baby!!! I was liek uh uh its not! he goes I see the head!!! sO i started pushign more wow my legs were killinngggggg me soo painful!!! finally after like 10 minutes of pushing she came out!!! Her little 6 lb 5 oz body!!!! Shes 19 inches long, and her apgars were 9\9!!! She got her at exaclt 9 50 pm, and it was my fathers birthday!! so he was very excited!! haha she looks just like SAri its scary!!! heres a pic of my brand new bundle of joy!

  3. #3
    campin mom


    Kathaleen was born on July 21. She was 5lbs 8 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. I had to have a C-section. My water broke on Wed. morning. I went into the hospital at 7 am. I was not contracting, which is very unusual for me. They checked me and I was 70% effaced, and 3 cm. They said my water broke. They decided to do an ultrasound, since I was not contractiing. They found out she was breeched. She turned. Her butt was wedged in my pelvis. Her head was up. They tried to turn her at 10:30 am. and since there was not much water left she would not turn. We thought about tring a vaginal beech, but it seemed to risky. The Dr was afraid it my turn into an emergency C-section. So, at 12 pm I went into the OR and she was born 12:28 pm. Not how I expected this to turn out, but we are both healthy. The spinal was not as bad as I thought it would be! They had be talking and laughing the whole time in the OR room. A little morphine can turn anything into a party! :P My DH got to hold her and I got to nurse her by 1:30 pm. As a couple of weeks have passed I am getting over not having her in the birthing center. I have even asked if I had a sixth one could I have a VBAC!


  4. #4
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Vail, AZ

    Default Megan's Birth Story

    Putting this in for Brenda...

    Quote Originally Posted by BrenRN
    Ok, so here is what happened:

    DH and I went out to dinner Friday night after he and I had haircuts. We got home from dinner at about 9:30 and were just plugging around doing things around the house. I went to get changed and felt a gush of fluid. I had to pee at the time, so I thought I just held my bladder too long and that I had peed. So I got changed and didn't say anything to DH. I still thought it was kind of odd, so I decided to sit on the couch a bit and see what happened. As I was sitting on the couch, I felt myself get damp, so I came to tell DH that I though my water broke. He asked what happened, and I told him the above story. And as I was telling the story, the same thing happened again. So I went to the bathroom and we pondered what to do. My OB had saud to me to call if my water broke, but to see if contractions started first. So, we waited about 40 minutes, and no contractions. So, I sat down at the PC to ask on here what everyone thought it was (still haven't gone back to see that thread!). And when I turned around to say something to DH, my water BURST!

    So, we called the OB and he said to come in to the hospital right away. So DH and I grabbed everything, and off to the hospital we went. When I got there, I was 80% effaced and 3cm dilated and they verified that my water had broken, so they admitted me at 11:30. I had started having contractions in the car, varying from 5-15 minutes apart, not real strong. So, when I was admitted, they decided to let me contract a bit on my own to see what was going on. I did that until about 2AM, but wasn't getting anywhere, so they put me on Pit. I needed Demerol to get through some of them, but it didn't really take the edge off. So, at about 5AM, the contractions were very strong, but not in any kind of pattern, so I begged for the epidural. I got checked and was 5CM dilated, so the epidural was given. I was glad I got the epidural, but hated the experience of getting one. It is no fun to try and curl up in a ball with a preggo belly that is contracting and be yelled at to sit still - UM - Hello - I can't and I am in pain, here!!!! So, after 2 attemps, amd much crying from me, I got the epidural. It was heaven after that. Because before that, all I remember is trying to breathe through the contractions and focusing on my focal point (which I decided were 3 dots on the ceiling), and by about 4-5cm I couldn't take the pain anymore.

    SO, after the epidural, I got checked every 1-2hours. I progressed fairl rapidly from 5-8cm, and then stalled at 8cm, so they upped the Pitocin. With the epidural, I was ok with that. I ended up getting 21milliunits of Pitconin once everything was said and done, which my OB was impressed with, because most women and babies cannot tolerate it that high, but me and Megan were troopers.

    SO, once he upped it, I rapidly went from 8-10 and the family (my mom, dad, bro and gram) got kicked out of the room so I could push. By the time it came for me to push, my epidural had started to wear off and I could feel the need to push, which was great. I started pushing with her at 1:15 and at 1:41 after just a few pushed, Megan entered the world. DH bawled as loud and has hard as the baby when she was born. I just kept saying "I can't believe it's a girl - our Megan Paige little girl!!" I delivered the placenta without a problem and then got stiched up (because I pushed so hard and so fast, I tore - 2nd degree).

    I breast fed her about an hour later, and then had a great first night. Last night was awful, as she was having problems latching to my breast, then sucking, then staying awake, etc. We ended up having to supplemement with Enfamil (to get her to pee - per the pediatrician) and it did not agree with her, so she puked for a few hours, then had diarrhea and gas that kept her and us up all night. She finally got past the gas at about 6AM this morning. She has only fed great twice on my breasts (she has fed lots of times, just nothing to write home about). At one piont, I had to express my colostrum onto a teaspoon and feed it to her that way, because she just wouldn't eat.

    She then got assessed this morning by the pediatrician, and we found out she has a murmur. So the ped wanted it checked out and called in a pediatric cardiologist. It turns out that Meg has a PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriousus) that is slow to resolve, so she was seen by a pediatric cardiologist. He said it was mild to moderate, and that is should go away int he next day to few week, but that if it doesn't, she'll need surgery. So, we have a F/U appt. with the cardiologist (he was/is from CHOP in Philly) in 6 weeks. She also has a small hole in her heart (a ventricular septal defect) that is so very very tiny (which is not an uncommon birth defect) that there is nothing they will do for it. He also said that should resolve over the next few days/weeks, and if not, that there was nothing to do for it and that the only long term side effect from it is that Megan will need to take antiobiotics for any dental work because of her heart.

    So, then we get home today and I had to open all the shower gifts for the shower I missed, as I needed the stuff - the bottles, clothes, blankets, etc. So my mom and dad were here and helped DH and I get everything washed and put away, except the big stuff, which DH and I have to figure out where we are putting everything, so we are doing that tomorrow.

    I have started Megan on bottle feeds with formula, Good Start, and I am feeding her every 2-3hours with it and she is feeding like a champ. She is tolerating it wonderfully so far, so I may keep her on it. I am going to try supplementing with breast, if I can get it expressed (my milk JUST came in like 3 hours ago). If not, then just the formula it is going to stay, and I am OK with that.

    So, that is my update.

    I will post pics tomorrow of her once I get them sorted out and loaded on the computer (we have a TON!). She looks just like me, but has DH's olive complexion and jet black hair (when she came out I though of Avery, Birdie!!).

    Love all you guys and can't wait to chat/post again, soon.

  5. #5
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004


    Well, here Jen, I finally found time to post this!

    On August 3rd, at 1am, I started feelin some contractions but I didnt know if they were fake or not so I figured if I went to sleep and they woke me up, then they were real. So I went to sleep and at about 5:30, I woke up and they were still coming. I decided to start timing them and came on here for a bit. At about 6:15am, I couldnt stand the pain so I packed up my bags and got tim to take me to ths hospital.
    They admitted me and hooked me up to the machine right away. I stayed on it for about an hour or so... watching my contractions (at that point, on the taco thing, the numbers were hittin about 80... the nurse said that wasnt normal but i think shes nuts lol). They checked me and I was only "almost" 2 cm dilated and about 90% effaced. I kept getting up to go for a walk and to go to the bathroom and to eat. My family and tims family came down to visit me and were in and out for awhile.
    About 1pm, my contractions started slowing down and werent progressing. By this point, I was getting horrible, horrible back labour (I find that worse then the contractions!!!) so I got up and walked some more. At 3:30, my doc came in and told me they were going to put me on pitocin to start things along.. becuz I was going to get induced thursday or friday anyways so she figured just to do it now since i was having contractions. At that point, I got very scared and started shaking and almost crying. I was so scared of the pain I was going to feel, and just knowing that by the end of the night, I was going to have a baby, was quite scary!
    At 4pm, they started the pitocin and my antibiotic for group b strep. Right away I could feel the contractions start to increase. The nurse checked me again and told me I was 3 cms dilated and 100% effaced. After awhile, the pain was so bad, I asked for something for them to give me. At about 5pm, they brought me the gas but I told them I didnt want it. They said if I wanted to be able to take the epidural, Id have t take the gas first and then see how it goes. Well I took a couple breaths of that gas and threw up. I told them I was going to rhow up to but they said that was just my mind playing games.. pff. Well I said screw the gas and tried to tough it out for a bit but I couldnt. Finally at 6pm I asked for the demerol (shot inthe butt) and they gave it to me. The nurse checked me then again and told me I was still 3cms dilated, and my doc told me and my family and tims family that I would not be having her before midnight. So tims mom went to bingo and my sis left to go get her fiance. My mom, tim and tims cousin stayed with me.
    That demerol kicked in so fast!!! I was sooo out of it. I remember falling asleep and waking up during the peak of my contractions (Tim saw one hit 138! Scary!). Finally, at 7:45, I woke up and screamed "I gotta have a bowel movement!" (not those exact words but I thought id clean it up a little!) and tim and my mom were holding me down to the bed becuz I coudlnt stop rolling around, trying to stop myself from pushing. I onyl thought I was about 5 cms. But the nurse checked me and said "okay ur ready to push, I'll jsut go get the doctor" I was so shocked! I went from 3 cms to 10 cms in an hour and a half! I slept thru basically my whole labour and woke up when I had to push! I got so nervous at this point. My doc came in (I had already started pushing I couldnt help it) and said "okay shes crowning push" and my mom said "will it be here before ten?" and the doc said "it will be here in 10 minutes" so I pushed for 10 minutes (haha at this point I asked for the epidural but of course it was too late lol!) and finally, I heard the doc say "okay your babys out" and I was so out of it.. I just heard her say "its a girl" and my mom strated screaming "its a girl its a girl!" and tim picked her up and went to show her off and I had to wait cuz I needed 2 stitches for a small tear. lol! I kept screaming "I quit, I quit!" when I had to push and afterwards I looked at my stomach and said "how come theres still some belly there? is there another one?" lol I was sooo out of it! But yah, at 8pm exactly, Danica Rayne Ryan was born weighing 7 lbs, 2 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, apgars of 9 and 9! The public heath nurse weighed her esterday and shes 7 lbs, 12 oz! lol! My lil piggy!
    But thats my labour story, I finally got time to tell it lol! Thanx all!

    Danica Rayne Ryan
    7 lbs 2 oz. 19 1/2 inches
    8:00pm August 3rd, 2004

  6. #6
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002


    Lily Sofia's birth story:

    On Tuesday 8/10, we went for our 40 week check up. The Dr. pointed out that I was having contractions (I thought they were braxton hicks), and that I was dilated to almost 4 cm. He told us to go to L&D and have the baby!! So, we went home and cleaned up the house and went for lunch.
    I was 4 cm for most of the afternoon although contrax got pretty tough. They ended up giving me nubane for pain because once you order the epi you have to wait an hour to get it. So, when I got the epi, it must have relaxed me and I went for 4-6 cm in about an hour. The Dr. came in and broke my water - and I IMMEDIATELY dilated to 10. He had me "practice push" and told me that I was a strong pusher and we would have the baby within half an hour. It was about 11 pm at this time. I ended up pushing for 3 HOURS....and had non progressive labor because the baby's head was hitting my pubic bone and not passing thru. I was exhausted at this point, and Roman told me he could see the baby's head as I pushed but it would slide pretty far up each time I rested. So, the Dr. was concerned because baby's head was swollen from hitting the bone, and I was exhausted and we decided on having a c-section. It was a pretty traumatic experience, but once we heard that little cry and that she was a girl, it was worth it to me. Lily was born at 3:28 am on Wednesday 8/11. She has really dark hair and beautiful pink lips. She's a little spitfire but a cuddler too!
    [b]Lily Sofia 8.11.04
    Luka Roman 11.11.06

  7. #7
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Lancaster, PA


    Andrew Reagan's birth story:

    Bob & I arrived at the hospital at 8:30 to be admitted for our c-section. They took us back to triage and we started the process immediately. We changed our clothes, signed the last minute paperwork and then I was hooked up to the monitors to watch my contractions for about a half hour. During this time, they explained the procedure and the OB came in to see me. After a quick vital signs check, we got off the monitors and the RN set up my IV. She must've hit a shooter vein because blood started flying everywhere. I started cracking up, but Bob looked he was going to pass out. At this point, they gave him his scrubs and he went to change while they cleaned up the mess.

    At around 10:30 AM, they wheeled me back to the OR. Bob waited outside while they prepped me in the OR. Once my spinal was in place, they had him come in to talk to me while they finished the last minute preparations. At 10:40 AM sharp, the OB entered the OR. The nurse anethesist (Chuck) was joking with me that we should be good friends now... he told me to look at the clock and I realized it was almost 10:50. Chuck told me that we were about 5 minutes into the surgery. I don't really remember much after that - I could feel them touching my stomach (pressure), but did not feel the incision or them tugging at the different layers to get Andy out. Of course, I told Chuck at this point that I loved him and he was my new best friend. Everyone laughed and Chuck asked if Bob would be OK with that. (He said he was, BTW...)

    The OB said that my previous section was done very well, and though the scar tissue was minimal, what I did have was very, very strong and they had a hard time getting through it.

    Finally, Dr. F asked if I was ready to have my baby. Of course, I said yes. He told Bob to look over the sterile field because his head was going to be out shortly. 2 seconds later, at 11:06 a.m., I felt a big tug and heard a cry. I immediately started bawling, and they of course thought something was wrong. They finished pulling Andrew out and Bob says, "It's a boy! It's a boy!" The NICU team (always used in c-sections) took him to the warmer and started cleaning him up. Immediately, he peed everywhere and everyone got a big laugh. They had Bob come over to help them while they started closing me up.

    Back on the table, I started feeling a burning sensation. I told Chuck about it and he upped the morphine. Then I started getting the feeling that I could not breathe (also normal, I'm told.) and Chuck said it was because they were pulling the different layers back together and there was a lot of pressure on my diaphragm. I'm not sure what happened, but apparently I started getting really afraid - it felt like someone was sitting on my chest. The anesthesiologist came in at that point and told Chuck it would be best to put me under since I was getting kind of feisty. At 11:25, they administered a small amount of general anesthesia and I went under. Bob told them that I did not want to be under for long and so they used a very slight amount. I woke up about 20 minutes later, and we were heading off to the recovery area.

    We stopped by the nursery so I could see Andy for the second time (they showed him to me just before I went under and I only vaguely remember it). Andy was screaming but when I said his name and they held him up to me, he immediately stopped.

    We went to recovery while they did his bath and the pediatrician checked him over. I learned he was 7 lbs., 15 oz. and 20.5 inches long. The OB was surprised at how small he was given how I was carrying, but also said he's a nice healthy size.

    He's in perfect health, which we are of course thrilled with. Upon initial exam they did detect a slight heart murmur which has improved by the day... by Saturday the neonatologist could not hear it at all. He also had an undecended testicle at birth, but it has already started descending so they are not worried about that either.

    All-in-all, it was a great birth experience. I did not expect to be put under but again, it was for a very short time period and my recovery went well so I did not mind that. Breastfeeding is going well and the LCs were impressed that his latch was so strong at only a few days old.

    Thanks for letting me share!
    single mommy to Alexander Nicholas, 4.10.02 & Andrew Reagan, 8.11.04

  8. #8
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2002


    Deborah Margaret's Birth Story

    I went in for my induction on Friday at 2:00. I was supposed to go in earlier, but the hospital called me and asked me to come at 2 since they were so busy and were waiting for some beds to open up. So after I checked in they got me into a room and it took 4 tries and three people trying to get my IV placed before they finally called anesthesia to get it placed for me. It took the anathesiologist two tries before HE even got it. So nothing got started until after 3:30pm. The day was quite boring as we waited for my contractions to get strong and regular. By about 5:00 I was having contractions every 2 minutes lasting a minute each but I was barely feeling them. So my OB came in and broke my water at about 6:30. I was dilating very slowly and when he broke my water I was only 2 cm.

    Once my water was broken, my contractions began to get stronger so I asked for an epidural. I had to wait a while for the epi because there was an emergency C-section going on, so when they finally got there to place it, I was very happy to see them. But once the epi was placed, my blood pressure began to drop over and over again, so they had to keep giving me some drug to keep my pressure up. My doc checked me after a while and I was still only dialated to 3, which was getting frustrating. By this time it was about 10:00pm and nothing had happened yet. The baby's heart was starting to decelerate with each contraction, so I was starting to panic that I was going to end up with a c-section which I did NOT want. My doc said not to worry and that he would check me a little later.

    After resting for a while and panicking about the baby's heartbeat the doc came in around 12:30am and cheked me once more. I was 8cm finally and he said that he would let me go for another hour and then I should be complete and the baby would have come way down. So he left the room and the nurse helped me roll over. As soon as I rolled over I felt a TON of pressure and the baby's HB dropped WAY down. The nurse gave me some oxygen and watched the HB for a few minutes. I couldn't deal with the pressure so I moved my leg a little and shifted and the baby's HB came back up. The nurse was concerned that the cord was being cut off by pressure. I told her again that the pressure was intense so she decided to check me again and immediately said we needed to call the doctor back into the room. As soon as I had rolled over, the baby had moved down and I had immediately dilated all the way to 10 and I was complete. So the doc came in and checked me himself and began to get things ready. He asked me to push for him once and then said "STOP! You're gonna have a baby in about 2 minutes-- do NOT push." So they quick tore the bed down and got everything all the way ready. I pushed once and then the second time I pushed the OB told me to stop. The head was out and I was tearing so he said that we were gonna take it slow. Well, I never had to push again. Her body slipped out on it's own and Deborah Margaret was born.

    She was born at 1:05am on Saturday, August 7th. They weighed her and told me how much she weighed and I said WHAT??? They repeated it-- she was only 6lbs. 2oz! I was totally in shock about how small she was-- she was only 3oz. bigger than my twins were when they were born! She is 19 1/2 inches long so she is very skinny. She has a FULL head of thick hair and is totally beautiful!!

    All in all, it was a totally easy and wonderful experience, once again. My little squeakers is breastfeeding like a little champ-- she latched on immediately and my milk came in on Sunday already! I am so happy about that because it was one of my biggest fears after the experience I had with it last time! She eats every one to two hours, though, and I can't seem to get her to spread out, so I haven't gotten a lot of sleep. She rarely cries... she is so quiet and just squeaks all the time so I have been calling her Squeakers. All of her clothes are totally gigantic on her, as you may expect, so she has been hanging out in t-shirts and booties and diapers that barely stay on.

    And here is DH, Deborah and I immediately following the delivery, so excuse my "beauty"! LOL

    Mommy to:
    Gabriella, Isabella and Deborah

    My Blog- An Insider's View of Life in Motion

  9. #9


    Anna's birth story

    I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday at 1:30pm. I'd been having cramps that morning and I'd started losing my plug on Tuesday night, so things were already getting going. My doctor stripped my membranes at the appointment and I think that sped things up a bit.

    I started having contractions at around 4pm on Wednesday. At 7pm, I called my doula because I wasn't sure that they were contractions. I thought that they were but they were mostly in front and I was expecting pain in my back and in front. She said that it sounded like they were contractions but to call her back when they were closer together. The contractions continued so I started timing them - in the meantime I took a bath and tried to get some sleep (right...). I called the doula again at around 2am and she came over.

    My contractions started getting pretty intense around 3am. The information from the hospital said to call their triage line when contractions were 5 minutes apart for 2 hours. I started having some back labour around 4am which was extremely painful. My contractions continued regularly, and they were pretty intense but they were not all 5 minutes apart - mostly they were about 7-8 minutes apart. By around 9am, I was getting very frustrated and discouraged. I was in very intense pain from the contractions and back labour, but my contractions still weren't that close together. I was worried that things weren't progressing.

    I called the triage line and they said we could come in because my contractions had been 7 minutes apart for a few hours at that point (it later turned out that the only time that my contractions were 5 minutes apart was at the very end of the labour...). So we went to the hospital to be assessed and I was 100% effaced and 4 cm dilated. I had been 50% and 1cm the day before at my doctor's appointment. So, I had progressed and the hospital admitted me. At that point, I decided to get an epidural. I was planning to try a medication free birth but at that point I was in so much pain from the contractions and back labour, and so exhausted from not sleeping that I decided it was the way to go.

    By the time we got settled in the l&d room, it was approx. 12:30 or 1:00pm when I got the epidural. I was 6-7cm by then. I felt MUCH better after the epidural. I am very glad that I decided to get it. I progressed very quickly from there and at 4:30 I was 10cm and ready to push. Anna was born at 6:15. She had her cord wrapped around her neck when she was born. I pulled her out myself and put her on my chest (I was the first to see that she was a girl) and then the respiratory therapist took her to give her oxygen. He first Apgar score was a 3 but she started to cry shortly after and her second score was a 9. She was 8lb., 1oz and 21.5 inches long (she's a tall one!)

    She's doing very well. I fed her about 20 minutes after she was born and she's a very good eater....and a VERY frequent one.

  10. #10
    Super Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2003


    I owe you all a birth story and pictures. Here’s the first installment

    Birth Story

    Well, on 12th August the doc asked us to go for the gel as she felt the baby was getting bigger and she didn’t want to wait for the due date. So we go in on 12th to the hospital with all our bags and DW got the gel. In 20 minutes the contractions started. But they were not strong enough. So, they keep us for couple of hours and sent us home. Next day DW started having bigger contractions and lost some mucous plug. The hospital called around 10:30 A.M.and lets us know that a bed was ready and DW can come in anytime for the induction.

    We go in at 12:00 after a light lunch with all our bags again. DW has a friend who works in the hospital. So she got us the biggest room with a shower and everything. You should have seen the size of this room. The doc came in around 2:00 and checked DW and said DW was 2cm and 50%. She breaks DW’s water and gives me an opportunity to see Niagara falls again. After this DW started feeling bigger contractions. So we went for a walk with a towel under her. The more she walked, the more the fluid came out and bigger the contractions got.

    At 4:00 the Dr started pitocin I believe, to start the show. And wham!!! At 6:00, DW starts using the breathing techniques to overcome the contractions. At 7:00 she asked for an epidural, which again she got in 5 minutes, again the courtesy of the friend nurse. The Dr checked her at 7:00 and she was 4 cm. We asked the Dr an estimate arrival time and she said it is going to be in the morning around 3:00 or so. But around 9:00 I noticed DW had wet the bed with lot of blood. The nurse called in the doc and she checked DW and said she was 10 cm and ready to have the baby. In 2 hours she went from 4 to 10.

    After an hour of pushing Aadi comes out at 10:38.

    Now for some Q and Answers

    Q: How was the whole labor?
    A: She was pretty much okay. There was a point during the labor when she though the pain was unbearable. This was when she got the epidural.

    Q: So how was the epidural?
    A: DW has nominated herself as an unofficial prompter of the epidural. She swears by it. Once she got it, the contractions were made so bearable. She started solving those puzzles on Wheel of Fortune that was going on the TV

    Q: Did I see the birth of my baby?
    A: Yes, I did. I was assigned the task of holding one of DW’s legs so that she could push. All the time I was looking at DW’s face to avoid looking down. But at one point, I had to reposition my grip and that’s when my eyes wandered down and I saw her. DD had her head out and the doc was covering her ear to keep the blood from going in. She was perfect. I just couldn’t look away.

    Q: How is the mother and the baby?
    A: Dw is little sore after all those stitches. She had 18 of them. DD is great. She nursed right away after the birth and continues to do so.

    Q: How am I?
    A: Sleepy, tired, happy, proud and amazed by the fact that someone has come into our life just last week and our whole life has been turned upside down. I love my wife more that ever. I think she is the strongest person of all. Man!! You should have seen her push. Awesome!!! I just don’t get it, why women are called the weaker sex.

    Oh! I forgot, DD's score was 8 and 9. Didn't cry much and weighed 8 pounds and 10 ounces. The US that was done a week back was right on the dot.
    Married: 12/28/2001,
    Pregnancy test: 12/22/2003
    EDD: 08/21/2004
    Actual: 08/13/2004

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions