You may be late in getting introduced to the NCB board, but any momma wanting an informed, supported, natural childbirth deserves all the love and guidance she can get!
Welcome to your birth lodge! Please introduce yourself and your situation!
Why hello natural childbirth board! My sister jen has spoken highly of you, so I figured i'd hop on over here and introduce myself:
My name is Lori, I'm 25, I'm a technical writer for an IT company, this is my first baby (it's a girl), and I'm hoping to go as natural as possible. My husband's name is Sam, he's 26, and getting his masters in Information systems. A personal note about him: He's never changed a baby's diaper before and baby drool wigs him out... but he is extremely excited to have a baby daughter despite his misgivings.
A quick recap:
What does all of this lead me to believe? Logic would only denote that I am progressing 1cm per week, so at this rate, my baby should simply fall right out about the last week of may
- Today makes a full month since I went in for preterm labor, at which point I was at 1-2 cm/ 75% effaced, baby was engaged, and I was told she could come at any time. I have regularly been contracting ever since.
- The next week, I was at a 3 or so and 80%.
- 1.5 weeks ago, I lost my plug, went to L&D and was at 4cm and 90% effaced.
- Today I had my 38 week midwife appointment and lo and behold, I am barely at 5cm, 90-95% effaced, the baby's head is nearly at zero station, and I've been bleeding since the appointment.
- As for inducing the labor, I really want a natural birth- so I'm just playing it cool until next week when I'll get my membranes stripped and see what that will inspire. Walking, whoopi, spicy foods, and castor oil were all no-gos, and I won't consider any other type of induction method until I'm 10 days overdue or so, unless my water breaks or something.
I've had 4 trips to L&D now, all of which sent home despite having contractions 2-3 minutes apart. Apparently, contractions dont count for much if they arent actively causing you to dilate. Check out my previously posted threads for the whole story on my trips if you're interested.
Since my last trip to L&D, which was rather heart-breaking, I have since more or less bed-ridden myself so I can power back up and avoid maximum contractions. I have also just handed my fate over to god. I now know there's nothing I can do to "induce" this little girl out of me. She will come when she comes and hopefully be all that much healthier for having waited. Since she's already half way done, I'm hoping the actual birth will go quickly.
welcome to your lodge!
I know your story from the May 08 board, but seeing it all written out ...wow! Hang in there! Sounds like you have a wonderful attitude about it all!
Welcome Lori! Glad to see you over here!