~*~*Renee's (renee24) Birth Lodge*~*~ - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 190

Thread: ~*~*Renee's (renee24) Birth Lodge*~*~

  1. #21
    Posting Addict renee24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    true. At this point in time I think I'm going to go ahead and schedule the c/s since more than likely it will need to happen and I'm coming to terms with that, but if it turns out one is not needed then I'll just cancel. I just don't want to keep thinking that the vbac will happen and then it doesn't. I'd rather start coming to peace with it now rather than later. I feel I need to be realistic at this point and jump in with my eyes open.
    Tiff + Bobby 8/22/04
    Logan 3/3/07
    Rya 7/7/09
    Willow 5/26/11

  2. #22
    graysonsmom
    Guest

    Default

    Wow hun, I had missed your last update till now. I will be keeping you in my prayers. I'm sorry your having to give up the dream of a VBAC, but I'm glad that your being watched and taken care of. Your babes are blessing and miracles, please try and remember that even though they may be different then you expected they are gifts. Your life will be made full by them, and you will love them no matter what!

  3. #23
    Prolific Poster tanismom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Renee, hon, you are so strong and amazing! You are going through so much emotional intensity with this pregnancy, but you really have your head and your heart in the right place, and it sounds like you are making the right decisions for you and your family. It sounds like scheduling the c/s will help you let go of that decision and focus on enjoying the rest of your pregnancy. Maybe eliminating that stress will have a positive affect on the cyst growth (positive here meaning it stops!) But either way, it sounds like the right decision for you right now.

    Rya will come in exactly the right way for her, and she is so blessed to have a mother like you to ensure that!

    Don't get bogged down by the thoughts about how this decision will affect your future children. Just let that go for now, you have enough on your plate! Many things can happen between now and your next pregnancy, and who knows, you may still end up having your VBAC this time around.

    Sending you so much love!!
    ~Ayelet & Yoram
    Tani 7/6/04
    Odeliya 3/8/07
    NJ, USA to Israel 12/29/08
    Yitzchak, 22.6.09
    Asa'el, 14.10.11
    Welcome baby boy!! 26.7.13

    Rambling on at http://milkandhoneymomma.blogspot.com
    facebook and twitterID: ayeletschwell

  4. #24
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,486

    Default

    Sometimes our toughest choice as a mother is giving up the birth that we want, and giving our children the birth they need. I sure hope that those cysts don't grow and that a VBAC will remain an option for you.
    David Letterman is retiring. Such great memories of watching him over the past thirty-two years!

  5. #25
    Posting Addict renee24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Just thought I'd add this post to my lodge:

    As some of you saw I was asking about ruptured cysts in another thread and I also emailed Doc S about it as well and here's his answer.



    -----Original Message-----

    Dr. S,
    I've been doing a lot of thinking lately on how the arrival
    of my baby girl will most likely come about. As much as I want to vbac I
    do know that there are health concerns for baby with this. I agree 100%
    that if her abdomin becomes bigger than her head then we should do a
    c-sec. However the more I think about it the more a vbac seems best for me and my family, that is not to say that I am unwilling to do a
    c-section, I just don't want to jump in on it right now. So my main
    concern right now if that we went ahead for the vbac what would the
    complications be if one or more of her cysts ruptured? Would this need
    immediate surgery or just observation? This right now is what I'm hung
    up on and depending on your answer depends on wether or not I'll just
    automatically get a repeat c-sec.

    Thank you for your time on this matter and all your help with her.

    Mrs. Tiffany B.



    >Reply
    >
    > I am glad you have been thinking about how you want to deliver.
    > Unfortunately there are some risks to both a repeat c-section and also
    > for a VBAC and if one was clearly better than the other we wouldn't
    > routinely give patients the choice. With a c-section, as you know, there
    > will be a longer recovery time and pain along with greater risks for
    > infection, bleeding, scar formation, and damage to internal organs
    > compared to a VBAC. The main concern regarding a VBAC is that there is a
    > scar on your uterus that can break open. The rate is approximately
    > 0.5-1.0% for uterine rupture (scar breaking open). This would be an
    > emergency requiring c-section and can put your health and baby's health
    > at risk. So, while there is a very high chance that you would not have a
    > uterine rupture (~99%) if it happens it is a very serious event.
    >
    > If the abdominal circumference is not larger than the head circumference
    > I would support your decision to try a VBAC. Even a c-section cannot
    > assure that the cysts would not rupture during delivery as pressure on
    > your uterus/baby is required to deliver it. I am not as concerned about
    > rupture of the cysts but more about should the abdomen get very large as
    > it may make for a difficult vaginal delivery.




    thank you so much for your reply, it has helped a lot. I do have a lot of info on vbac vs. rcs so I do know the risks there, however I did not know that the risk of rupturing her cysts are about equal either way. Thank you so much, this is really helpful.
    Tiffany


    __________________________________________________ ___

    So it looks like I am 100% for a vbac unless the next u/s show otherwise Off to restart my hypnobabies. I'm soo happy right now
    Tiff + Bobby 8/22/04
    Logan 3/3/07
    Rya 7/7/09
    Willow 5/26/11

  6. #26
    graysonsmom
    Guest

    Default

    YAY!!! So excited to see this I hope you get a smooth easy VBAC, any more recent thoughts from the docs on her surgery? Is there any chance she won't need one? I'm really glad we got your lodge up early, I think it's important that we be able to support you in a organized way. I'm really looking forward to the out come of your story.

  7. #27
    Posting Addict MrsMangoBabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    5,399

    Default

    I commented on your other thread. I hope you do get your VBAC!

    I didn't realize your first name was Tiffany. Do you want it changed in your lodge title, or are you okay with being known online as Renee?

  8. #28
    Posting Addict renee24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    I'm fine with it. Renee is my middle name
    Tiff + Bobby 8/22/04
    Logan 3/3/07
    Rya 7/7/09
    Willow 5/26/11

  9. #29
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,453

    Default

    I'm so glad you received such a straight forward response from your OB. Best of luck with your preparations for VBAC and I hope you get it
    Molly & Elton 10/2/04
    Mary 5/24/06, Celia 6/9/09
    Baby #3 due 6/21/13

  10. #30
    Posting Addict renee24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    10,118

    Default

    Just thought I'd bring in some cheeriness and show the flowers we planted today.
    Unfortunetly they looked better in the pots in front of the house, imo, as they were the perfect height, but I still like that we now have color other than that weird purple brick.









    Those white ones did not want to cooperate in the least but I hope everything survives for a while. If they die I might just build a wall, throw in some dirt and try again, only problems is that we have piping access right in the middle Things just like being complicated I guess.

    _________________________________

    On another note I also bought a pis medela breast pump since Rya will most likely be in the NICU or having surgery not long after birth and I figured I owed it to us both to get a good pump. I can't wait for it to get here!
    Tiff + Bobby 8/22/04
    Logan 3/3/07
    Rya 7/7/09
    Willow 5/26/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions