~August 06 Sunflowers birth stories & arrivals list~
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: ~August 06 Sunflowers birth stories & arrivals list~

  1. #1
    Posting Addict my2littlemen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005

    Default ~August 06 Sunflowers birth stories & arrivals list~


    • [list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b] TOTALS:
    • [list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b][list:26ccd3219b] 55 Boys
    • 64 girls

    June 9, 2006
    Muppet1~Logan Michael Billings born weighing 2lbs 12oz. 17inches long

    June 22, 2006

    (Kati_farmer)Kati~ twins
    Hailey arrived 7:41 pm weighing 3lbs 11 oz. 17 1/4 in.

    Avery arrived 7:50 pm weighing 2lbs 11 oz. 15 3/4 in.

    July 10, 2006

    Kira Naomi- arrived 1:24pm Born @ 36w 6d weighing 8lbs 6oz 20 1/2 inches

    July 11, 2006


    Ian - weighing 4lb1oz, born at 4:43PM
    Madeline - weighing 4lb1oz, born at 4:44PM
    Emma - weighing 3lb12oz, born at 4:45PM

    July 12, 2006

    Talan Bryce born @ 35w 2days weighing 4lbs 1oz 19.5 inches

    Valencia Faith weighing 6lb 5.2oz 22 inches

    July 14, 2006

    Owen Henry arrived 9:50 pm weighing 5lbs 10 oz 20 inches

    July 19, 2006

    Matthew Dominick arrived at 9:24 am weighing 8 lbs 20 1/2 inches

    Lilliann Noel arrived weighing 5 pounds 11.7 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long

    July 21, 2006

    (Toolgirl) Toni
    Gunnar arrived weighing 7 lbs 7 ounces and 21 inches long.

    Gabriella arrived 9:57 am weighing 7 lbs 10 oz 20 inches long

    July 24, 2006

    Andrea weighing 7lbs 2oz and almost 21 inches long.

    (Teredancer) Tere~
    Kira Nicole arrived at 7:15 weighing 6 lbs 15 ozs, 19 1/2 inches long

    July 25, 2006

    Madilynn Grace arrived at 12:27pm weighing 8lbs 8oz and 21 1/2 inches long

    Wyatt Aleksander arrived at 9:18pm weighing 7lbs 20inches long

    Keldyn Jade arrived at 10:00pm weighing 6lbs 8 ounces 20 inches long

    Logan Jake arrived 6:22 am weighing 7 pounds 2 oz 20 1/4 inches long

    July 26, 2006

    Ryan James arrived at 7:27am Born @ 39w1d 8lbs 5oz and 21 -1/2 inches

    Dawson Rylee Ann arrived 7:15 pm ? pounds ? oz

    Zoe Elizabeth 6 lbs. 6ozs. and 18 1/2 inches long

    July 27, 2006

    Sarina weighing 6 pounds 9oz 20 inches long

    Kaila Grace was born at 2:59 am weighing 6lbs 11 ozs 19 inches long.

    (ValerieNJ) Valerie
    Sam arrived 6:31 pm Born @ 38w 3d weighing 8 pounds 12 oz and 22 inches long

    July 28, 2006
    Aidan born at 3:15 pm wieghing 8lbs 7oz ? inches long

    Brooklynn Alysabeth arrived 10:56 pm born @ 37w 2d weighing 6 lbs 20 inches long

    (Imagining) Melanie
    Caden arrived 6:20 pm weighing 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long

    Grant Nelson arrived 9:21 AM weighing 8lbs 12ozs and was 19 3/4 inches long.

    July 29, 2006

    (Bhamster) Lyndsay
    Rory Grace arrived at 5:01 pm Born on her due date!Weighing 7 pounds 6oz 21.5 inches long

    (Bunnygirl) Natalie
    Lily Isabella arrived 6.18pm born @at 37w6days weighing 6.26lbs ? inches

    (mommy2ryan&bean) Heather
    Aiden Laurence arrived 7:19 am weighing 8 pounds 9 oz and 21 1/2 inches long

    July 30, 2006

    Alessandra Nicole arrived @ 38w 1d at 10;12 pm weighing 6lb 15 oz, 18 1/2 inches long.

    (Sorpresa) Heather
    Zazel Marie Arrived at 38w3d born at 4:56am weighing 7 pounds 11 oz and 20 inches long

    July 31, 2006
    (allypheeb) Allison
    Olivia arrived at 3:39pm Born @ 39w 1d weighing 7lb 13oz ? inches

    Julia Grace arrived at 8:18PM weighing 7 pounds 4 oz, she was 19.5 inches long.

    August 2nd, 2006
    Katherine Grace born at 3:30am weighing 7 pounds 4 ounces, 19 inches

    Jonathan Rodney arrived at 12:08 pm weighing 9 lbs 12 oz and 20.5 inches long

    River Echo born @ 38w 3d arriving at 3:18pm weighing 7lbs 8 ozs 19 inches long

    (Briannasmommy) Terri
    John Noah arrived @ 39w 2d at 3:17pm weighing 7 pounds 8 oz 19 3/4 inches long

    August 3, 2006

    Colten Jace arrived at 8:03am weighing 8lbs 13oz. 19" long.

    Madeline Mackenzie born 38w6d at 12:06pm weighing 7lbs 14oz 20.5 in long

    (Cara102 Cara
    Tyler James arrived @ 38w 1d at 3:32 am weighing 8 pounds 5 oz and 20 3/4 inches long

    August 4, 2006
    (sunnycrest) sarah
    Scarlet Isabelle arrived 40w 1d at 12:50 am weighing 8lbs 8oz 19.5 inches long.

    Emily Rose born at 12:36 Am weighing 8 lbs 5 oz 22inches long

    Jack arrived on his due date at 6:21 am ?lbs ?oz ?inches

    Jayden David Warren. arrived @ 37 weeks 3 days at 10:12 a.m weighing 7lb 1oz and 20 inches

    Ashlyn Kay born @ 39w 1d arrived 10:26 pm weighing 8lbs 6 oz 21 inches long

    August 5, 2006

    (ladybee) amy
    Avery Mae born at 12:05am weighing 7 lb. 12 oz 21 inches long.

    (Evilbarncat) Kimberly
    Lainey born 8:40 pm weighing 7lbs 15oz 22.5 inches long

    August 6, 2006
    Lilly Louise born at 9:48 pm. She was 9 lb and 20 1/2".

    August 7, 2006
    Noah Phillip born at 11.51 pm weighing 7 pounds, 15 and 1/2 ounces, 20 inches long

    Caden weighing 6lb 13 oz and was 18 3/4 inches long

    Ethan Douglas born at 7:47 pm 7 lbs 10oz and 22in long.

    August 8, 2006
    Kieran Gabriel born at 2am weighing 5 lbs 6oz ? inches

    (pokey719)- Amanda
    Chloe Aubrey arrived @ 40w 6d born at 8:39am weighing 8.4 lbs and 20 inches.

    August 9, 2006
    Zoe Marie born @ 12:16 am weighing 8lbs 3.6oz 21 1/4 inch long

    Nathaniel Joseph Arrived @ 39w 2d at 6:20pm weighing 7lbs 2oz, 20 3/4 in.

    Sage Elizabeth arrived at 7:46am weighing in 7lbs. 13 oz. and 20 1/2in. long.

    Lydia Katherine Sprano born at 3:17 pm weighing 7 lbs 15 oz 21 in long.

    Andrew Hunter born at 5:46PM weighing 8 lbs 15 oz and was 19 1/2 in long.

    August 10, 2006
    Isabella Kaitlyn Clark Born at 2:12 AM weighing 6 lb 13 oz, 19 3/4 inches.

    Zachary born 8:01 pm weighing 8lbs. 13 oz 21 1/2 inches long

    Millie Anna born 5:13 pm weighing 8lbs 8oz 56 cm long

    Scarlett Olivia at 1pm weighing 8lbs 0 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long

    August 11, 2006
    Casey Alyssa born at 8:52 a.m weighing 8lbs 8oz 20 inches long

    Elizabeth Violet arrived @ 39w 3d and was born at 4:27pm weighing 6lbs 0oz and was 19 inches long.

    Michael Andrea was born at 1:07 pm weighing 6lbs 7 oz. 46 cm long

    Hailey born at 4:30pm. weighing 6lb9oz, 19-1/2 inches long.

    August 12, 2006
    Blake arrived at 9:54 pm weighing 9lb.2oz 21 in

    August 13, 2006
    Austin born at 6:00 pm weighing 7lbs, 5oz. and is 20 in long

    August 13, 2006
    Alec Christopher arrived at 7:17 am. He was 8 lbs, 2.4 oz & 21 1/2 inches long

    August 14, 2006
    Cameron James born at 9:05am weighing 9lb. 3oz. and was 21 inches long

    Scout Augusta B born at 5:15am weighing 8 lbs 4 oz 21 inches long

    August 15, 2006
    Haley Elizabeth born at 8:29 am weighing 8 lbs, 21 1/2 inches long

    Rebekah Michele arrived at 4:52 pm weighing 9 lbs 10 ounces and 20 1/4 inches long

    Cecilia arrived @ 38w 4d weighing 7lbs 11 oz 20 inches long

    (SandraLee)- Sandra
    Jordana Maria born @ 41w 6days at 2 pm weighing 9 lbs 4 oz 21 inches

    Ronin Mace arrived @ 41 wks born at 1:31pm wieghing 9lbs 7 oz ? inches long

    August 16, 2006
    Isabelle born at 6:24pm weighing 9lb. 7oz., 21 inches

    Shawn David born 38w 4d at 8:55pm Weighing 8lb 5oz and 20 in.

    Amanda Michelle Born 38W6D at 12:05am weighing 9lbs 2oz and 21 inches long

    August 17, 2006
    Landon born at 1:51 pm weighing 7 lbs. 3 oz 18 inches long

    Ava Anne Born at 1:57am 7pds 5ozs 21 1/2 inches long

    Brendan Andrew 8lbs 15ozs 20 & 1/2 inches
    Tyler Michael born at 12:57 am weighing in at 7 lb. 14 oz

    August 18, 2006
    Kathryn Faith arrived at 10:30pm, weighing in at 7lbs 9 ounces, 20 1/2" long

    August 19, 2006
    (kokoshnay)- Leah
    Kylee Linae born at 4:38 am 8lbs and 21 1/2 inches

    Andrew John, born at 4:30 pm weighing 9 lb 9 oz 20.5 inches

    August 20, 2006
    Avalon Elizabeth born at 12:14AM weighing 7lbs 4oz 21 inches

    Emily Sarah born at 2:40 pm weighing 8lb 12oz ? inches long

    August 22, 2006
    Micaiah weighing 8 lb 6 oz 20.5" long

    Mason Joseph born at 5:27pm weighing 8 lbs 15 oz and 21 inches long

    Asa Connally born @ 2:16 pm weighing 10 lbs and 23 inches long

    August 23, 2006
    Gwyn Ann arrived weighing 7lbs. 13.8 oz. and 21 inches long

    Kade Aldon arrived at 4:57 p.m weighing 9 pounds 5 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long.

    Brayden Victor born 8:40pm weighing 7lbs 15.5oz and 20.5 inches long

    Lucie arrived 4:15 pm weighing 7lbs 1oz ? inches long

    Jayden Mae born at 1:58 pm weighing 7 LBS 1 OZ and 19.5 inches

    August 24, 2006
    Brody Robert arrived 8:06 pm weighing 6 lbs 10 oz 20 inches long.

    August 25, 2006

    Cole arrived 12:05 pm weighing 10 lbs 2 oz and 22.5 inches long

    August 26, 2006
    Emily born at 1:16 am weighing 6lbs 9oz and 19.5 inches long

    August 28, 2006
    Logan Riley born 12:30 pm? weighing 8lbs 2 oz?

    August 29, 2006
    messy jessy
    Meaghan Emily-Margaret born @ 40w 3d at 8:00 am weighing 10lbs 1.4oz. 23 inches long

    Jared Thomas born @ 1:05pm 8lbs 15oz 22in long

    Rowan MacKenzie born at 11:47am @ 40w4d weighing 10lbs 6oz 23 in

    August 30, 2006
    Samuel Alexander arrived 4:03 am weighing 7 pounds 1.4 ounces 19.8 inches

    Genna Michelle born at 3:36 pm weighing 6 lbs 14 oz 20 inches.

    August 31, 2006
    Colin Grant arrived at 2:41 am weighing 8lb 11oz 20.5 inches

    Prentis Noel born 11:52 pm weighing 8lbs 8oz 21.5 inches long

    September 1, 2006
    Riley Aiden arrived 5:23 AM weighing 7lbs 3oz & 19.5 inches

    Tristan Laine Hill arrived @ 1:38 PM weighing 10 lbs. 6 oz. 22 inches long

    beth delene
    Hadrian Pride arrived 6:02pm weighing 8 pounds, 9 ounces, 21 inches long

    September 2, 2006
    Keira Emily arrived 12:49 pm weighing 7lbs 2oz 20 inches long

    Angela Diana
    Lily Magdalena arrived at 11:25 pm weighing 7lbs 3 oz 20 inches

    Adeline Mae arrived at 9:26pm and was 8lbs 12oz and 21 inches long

    September 3, 2006
    Kaitlyn Elizabeth weighing 8lbs 14oz 21.5 in

  2. #2


    Ok, I wish this story would write itself because it is so long, but I guess I better start on it now.

    I was at church on Sunday and I started getting all these comments about how terrible I looked (nice huh) I didn't feel too yucky, but Oh well. During the 3rd meeting at church I took my sandals off cause I started to get really hot and I thought that would help just a tad. I had them off for about 10 mins and went to put them back on, and I couldn't my feet were too swollen (walking around at church with no shoes.. talk about tacky) So I went home and just rested.

    That night I felt kinda funny and I went to my family practice doc to see why my troat hurt etc... she weighed me and I hac gained 10lbs in less than a week (depressing) still I thought nothing of it. She listened to my lungs and told me I had pnemonia. Ew... So she gave me some prescriptions and I went home.

    Next day (Tuesday) I went to my regular OB 30 week appt and the nurse started with a Urine test and then they did a blood pressure. Then he checked my cervix and I had already dialated to a 2- 2.5 I was in active labor (so he said) Then the doc came in and asked me which hospital I liked best and I told him the one by my house. So he told me to get my bags packed because he was going to send me to it until the babies were born because the protein in my urine was 4+. I took my time and did some shopping for some stuff to do while I was in the hosptial (he told me to plan for a month) And I got there around 2pm. I started to get really sick and very swollen. My BP was just getting higher and higher and I was told my pre eclampsia had turned into full eclampsia and my life and the babies lives were on the line. They started soe tributaline and then some mag (which SUCKS) I stayed there one more night and it got even worse, so the next morning they called an ambulance to transport me and the extra 15lbs I had gained (in the past 3 days) to the best hospital in the valley (lds hospital) I got there around 10-11am and they told me they had to wait for all the sirfactin shots to finish doing there job before they would let my labor progress. As soon as they did their job I was back in very active labor, which progressed very quickly with the pitocin they decided to give me. I lost track of time at that point since that mag makes you very weak and yucky feeling. Somewhere arounf 7:30 they wheeled me back to an operating room so I could give birth. Haileys head was right there. I pushed 9 times and she was out. Then since Avery was breech I had to have a breech distraction where they reach up and find her and pull her out by the legs. They reached in, and tried to find her and they were having a hard time. I did not want a c-section, so I was praying so hard that they would find her and be able to pull her out without hurting her. It felt and looked like something outta the xfiles with them rushing to try to find her in there with my stomach morphing in all sorts of ways it was wacky. I heard a doc say start a crash cart (for a crash c section) one doc had mentioned to another doc that i had to push 1 more time if it didnt work then they would do it. Thankfully she came out!

    Hailey Grace 1st at 7:41pm weighing 3lbs 12oz and 17 1/4 inches

    Avery Taylor 2nd at 7:50pm weighing 2lbs 11oz and was 15 3/4 inches

    There is the birth story, I will write an update as for the hospital stay later, and maybe edit this a bit when I am not all high on pain meds from my new diagnosis of mastias (infection of the milk ducts in the chest OW)

  3. #3


    Hi Ladies --

    Kira's birth story:

    Needless to say, Monday, July 10th was a huge surprise and everything happened so fast. I was chuckling to myself yesterday thinking, wow, I still didn't even have my bag packed yet. It was started but that was it.

    Went to bed Sunday night feeling just fine and peachy keen. Having a few minor contraxs but nothing to even think twice about because they were not even close together. At about 3 a.m., I woke up and remember dh was still studying and I told him to call it a night, otherwise he was going to be exhausted on MOnday for work. He came to bed a 1/2 hr later. At about 5:30ish, I got up to make my ritual routine to the bathroom and came back to bed feeling fine. But when I got back into bed, I got this really strong menstrual type cramp and I couldn't get comfy. So I rolled over and OMG I felt this huge pressure and I sat up and realized it was my water breaking. I jumped out of bed and waddled as quickly to the bathroom as possible (TMI -- leaving a trail behind me). As I'm rushing to the bathroom, I slammed the bedroom light on and told dh to wake up, my water broke. And my groggy dh asked back are you sure you didn't just pee your pants. My reply was ---- Ummmm, NO -- very sure because it is draining out of me like the hoover dam. Poor guy only had an hour or so of sleep.

    We get to the hospital and get hooked up and an internal exam and u/s. I'm still tightly closed and high and Miss Kira was still breech. Call the OB and it turned out it was my lucky day as it was my OB who was on call. She was so excited because she was going to deliver me. We have some time to kill waiting for her and another c-section to finish. So dh takes a cat nap while I'm sitting there bloody bored out of my mind. Contrax's were happening but were not evening registering as painful with me. Then at 12:30, they came and got me and off we went to OR.

    Set me up, dh came in. My doc said dh could watch as much or as little as he wanted. So what does my dh do --- stands beside me and looks over the curtain and watches the whole thing. Then at 1:24 p.m. they told dh that they were going to pull out her feet and then everything else followed. They also discovered why Kira was not able to turn. I had a fibroid that they were watching but at the 28 week appt it was still the same size, but in the last several weeks it grew along with Kira and it blocked her from being able to rotate. And it couldn't be seen on any of the u/s tha I have had because Kira took up most of the room.

    There was also a concern that they think I became a diabetic at the end because Kira was so big and 3 weeks early. Her blood sugars kept bottoming out and we couldn't keep them above 40 for about a day and 1/2. We were having to supplement feed her because my milk hadn't come in and she wasn't able to latch on yet. But by Wednesday night, her blood sugars evened out and we are still supplementing but not as much as before because my milk is finally coming in. Woo Hoo. She's still not latching but I'm pumping and giving it to her via bottle.

    Wow, Sorry this is so long, but that is the kind of week it has been. I'm so glad to be home with my little one. Both dh and I have been extremely emotional because we got to bring this one home with us. We are so in love with her and she is absolutely beautiful. She looks just like her dad but I think she has my big round eyes. Her eyes are very expressive and she loves to look at you crossed eyed, like she is trying to figure you out. It is so cute.

  4. #4


    A short re-cap I had my 37 week check up last Wed I was 3cm and about 50% effaced. On Thursday I started to lose my mucus plug. Then on Friday I was bending to pick up shoes (DH's shoes!! of course) and my water broke. No contractions or anything I can honestly say I was in denial for about an hour. I finished dishes and took a shower. Then I called my dr and they had me come to the office where DH met me. Well low and behold my water did break so off to the hospital we wnt. I had my first contraction in the truck. After being admitted at about 1:30 things went very fast. I got an epidural at 4:00 after my contractions started coming evry 5-2min. They hooked up pitocin to regulate them as well. I went in 3cm dialated and by 6opm was 9cm. The epidural was a god's gift I would of never made it without it!! Well I started pushing at 9:10pm and my SON was born at 9:50 on July 14, 2006!!! My whole labor and delivery happened in 12 hours.

    I can't believe I have a son!! Owen Henry was 5lbs 10oz and 20 inches long!! He has a full head of black hair and his Dad's awesome complextion!! I am so in love with him and you should see his Daddy!!!

    We are home. I am feeling pretty good just a bit sore. We are all starting to adjust to eachother which takes time. BF is starting to become easier.............no complaints here I am just happy to be a MOM!!

  5. #5
    Mega Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Western Canada


    I have posted this with Farrah's permission
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaFarrah
    This is really long, and may be a little sketchy because I can't remember some things that well. I've discussed it all with Dh and our Doula, and this is the most accurate thing I can come up with. I'm sorry its so long!

    I'd been thinking I'd go into labour soon. So when I woke up on the 12th of July and saw some 'show' when I wiped, I was excited. However, nothing else happened that morning, so I carried on my day as usual. Dh Had band practice, and he was really keen on me going with him, to show his band mates my big pregnant belly and brag about how he was going to be a Daddy soon. I was having period like cramps at 11.30 like the ones I'd been having for the past couple of weeks, and thought nothing more of it. I was just relaxing in a chair when I had my first contraction, at 11.45. Straight away Dh stopped playing the guitar and ran up to me when he saw the change in my face. The contraction hit me like a wave slowly hitting the sands - it started out slowly, quite serene really, but got harder, and eventually reached quite a painful peak.

    Dh called his father to come and fetch us, because neither of us drive. When his father got there, it was about 12.30. my contractions were getting steadily stronger and I was feeling sleepy. I sat on the back seat of the car with my legs up on the seat so as I could just relax and let the contractions flow through me. I tried not to tense up, and let the muscles that I needed the most do all the work. After about half an hour in the car I started to get anxious, because I really wanted a water birth. I started to worry that we wouldn't be home on time. After another half an hour, we were home. I got straight out of the car and went and sat in bed. I don't feel safe anywhere other than in our bedroom, and sitting on the bed that was our wedding present to each other was the most amazing thing to do while I was in labour. I called my Doula to tell her I thought I was in labour, and she said she'd come over right away. Dh started to fill the birthing pool up in our bedroom, and I laid on my left side and drifted off to sleep between contractions.

    I awoke when the Doula got here, and suddenly felt really unclean. I went downstairs, had a shower, washed my hair, and the contractions were getting really painful by now. The last one I had before I got into the shower almost knocked me off my feet. It was about 2.15 when I got out of the shower, and I decided this might take a lot longer than I'd expected, and decided maybe having something to eat was a wise idea. I got an orange from the fridge, and peeled it. each time I was about to eat a piece, I had a contraction. I decided i wanted to be in the birthing pool, so I climbed up the stairs, slowly, because I was starting to feel a lot of pressure on my hips and climbing the stairs was quite painful.

    Our Doula, Jennie, and I had a conversation now, at about 2.30, about how I was feeling. She asked if I wanted an internal, and I said I didn't, because I felt I could be more intune with my body if no one told me how I was progressing. I felt there was no need for me to discuss the way I was feeling with her. I thought evaluating my progress and talking about things would help me during labour, but when the time came, I just wanted silence. I decided right now that I needed to be naked. I took all of my clothes off, and sat with my bottom really close to the edge of the bed. My water hadn't broken yet, and I was thinking that if it breaks now, it will stain the carpet. I realised after that we don't have carpet, we have varnished floor boards, and the floorboards were covered with an old shower curtain and towels.

    The birthing pool was full now, and I decided I wanted to get in. The sides were quite high, and Dh had to give me a helping hand so I could climb in safely without slipping or hurting myself. Its almost 3 o clock now, just over three hours since my first contraction, and the contractions are getting so intense. Each one comes, and doesn't really stop before the next one. I began to get confused, and was on my knees, resting my shoulders on the edge of the pool, holding dh's hand and visualising the baby coming down the birth canal. I hadn't actually spoken to anyone since I'd told Jennie that I didn't want an internal, and I just closed my eyes, and laid my head on the side of the pool. I was quite sleepy at that moment, and I opened my eyes, said to Dh 'I love you' and he said 'I love you too.' As I lifted my shoulders from the side of the pool and was kneeling upright I had the most intense contraction so far, which lasted what seemed like an age. I felt that this position would be a good one for me to stay in for a while.

    I waited for the next contraction to come, but I didn't feel one. I felt a type of pulling inside the birth canal, like something was pulling my cervix apart. I sat down with my bottom on the bottom of the pool, (thank God for those towels Dh put underneath to keep me from hurting myself) and relaxed a little while. I started to think that maybe I wasn't even in labour, after all it was three weeks before my 'due' date, and my water hadn't broken. I turned over onto my front, and floated in the water. Whilst I was doing this, I had a really strong, overpowering contraction that seemed like my whole stomach had just tensed into one big ball. It felt as though my stomach was part of another person, and it had attached itself to me. It was so diferent to previous contractions, and I was afraid something was wrong. I had a 30 second break before the next contraction came, and this carried on for what I thought was hours, but in reality was a mere twenty minutes. I looked at the digital clock beside our bed, and saw that it was 3.10 in the afternoon, and became confused. I'd detatched myself from time so much that I thought it was the middle of the night. With the next contraction, I felt the urge to push towards the end. I felt the baby descending down the birth canal, slowly, and felt my hip bones rise and spread. I looked at the clock again, and it was 3.19. I saw that Dh was sitting on the floor near the window, and said to him 'Mike, come over here' and he asked me why. I said 'The baby will be here soon.' He got up from the floor, slowly, as if he thought I was just longing for his attention. Jennie came over and asked if she could have a look, and I said "No, I know my own body and I know how I am getting on. Thankyou for the suggestion, but I'm fine". So she went and sat back down again, and I got on my knees, sat straight up like I was standing but with my knees bent, and leaned on the side of the pool. my legs were facing into the pool, so i had my back arched slightly.

    I could still feel the baby moving down, and then everything went a little fuzzy. I felt the 'ring of fire', but it didn't hurt. It felt more like my skin was stretching, allowing the baby to pass, but it wasn't an intense pain, more os a sensation. I'd decided I didn't want to push. Not that I was afraid of pushing, but I wanted to give birth naturally. So I just stayed there a moment, and with the next contraction, all the muscles in my body seemed to turn into one, and the babys head was pushed halfway out. Mike was at the opposite side of the pool and saw this. He started to panic, and shouted "Jennie! Jennie! The babys coming, the babys coming! help! help!" and I said to him "Mike, shut up. I can do this." I think he was mainly worried because I was slack-jawed and relaxed whilst birthing the baby. He thought I would be screaming and shouting. Anyway, The next contraction came, and the babys head emerged fully. I reached down and felt, and was expecting to feel head, but instead felt something slippery, like a ballon. I looked down to see that the baby was still inside its amniotic sac. We didn't know the sex yet, so i could say 'oh, look at her' or anything of that kind - I just said 'Ok, the head is out' to Jennie who was seated on the bed behind me. One more contraction, and the shoulders were out, and i reached down and pulled the rest of the body out and brought the baby to the surface. By now the amniotic sac had popped (when the shoulders passed) and I just peeled the membranes from the baby and gave her a little cuddle. Mike was stood beside me by now, and I looked at him. He looked awestruck. Our baby was beautiful. She was nice and pink, and gave a loud cry as soon as she was out of the water. The cord was quite long, so I was able to keep her above the water level, and held her in my arms. I decided it would be best to get out of the water so I gave the baby to Mike and climbed out. I sat on a towel on the floor and put the baby to the breast. She seemed very hungry - I'd heard about newborns not wanting to feed after birth, but she latched on and stayed there for thirty minutes or so. I was having afterpains, and with a push the placenta was out. Jennie and I inspected it, noted it was all there, and then wrapped it in a piece of white cloth, with the cord still attached. I sat with baby in my arms, Dh's arms around us both and the placenta beside me for a few hours in bed. Dh and I didn't sleep, we just sat there and looked at our beautiful baby. I rang my mum up After about two hours, and told her I'd had the baby. She said a few quick fire questions, including 'how much does it weigh? how long is it?' and that type of thing. The last thing she asked was 'is it a boy or a girl?' and I just stood there. In shock, I said to her 'I don't know!' and there was a silence at the other end of the telephone. Out baby was almost three hours old and we hadn't checked the sex. I went over and took her frm Dh, and gently opened those tiny legs, completely expecting 'dangly bits'. I was shocked to find that we had a girl. I told my mum it was a girl and got into bed. We'd discussed names early on in the pregnancy, but I thought she looked like a Valencia, and I told Dh that. He said she did too, so thats what we called her. And her middle name is Faith, because we like that name too. I was shocked, and I was so in love. And I did it - I gave birth on my own. Without the help of any doctors, with no one coaching me. It was amazing.

    So there it is. The birth story of my first child. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done in my life. It wasn't painful, and it wasn't at all what I'd come to expect. Four hours is a very short birth for a first time mother. I actually enjoyed it, and five days later, I'm completely in love with our baby.

    DD Valencia Faith, born 12 July 2006 at 37+1
    6lb 2.5oz

  6. #6


    Ok well, i should have wrote this down while I was in labor. I think I forgot everything!! I'll do the best I can.

    As you all know I was having to be monitored daily either in L&D or at the doc's office. So on Monday I go in & my b/p was great! So Tuesday, July 11 I go in for the same thing, expecting the same thing that happens everyday. They'll check my b/p, check my cervix, and send me the hospital to be monitored if my b/p is high. I'll get monitored for an hour & then they'll send me home. NOPE, not this time. My b/p was high so off I go to be monitored. I got there around 2:30pm. I get monitored for an hour, Talan gets NST test and he wants to get an u/s to check fluid level as we have been doing once a week. So after the u/s, the fluid level came back lower than it was a few days before, so he actually decided to do the amnio at this point. He said if his lungs were developed, we would start inducing TONIGHT! It had been threatened many times, I was shocked that I could actually be having a baby tonight! So I'm at the hospital alone because DH had been off for like 2 weeks cause work was slow and I assured him I would fine!! GO TO WORK, We need the $, lol! So he is like 2 hours away from the hospital. They do the amnio at 3pm and at 4pm he came in w/ the results. The count for mature lungs is 38,000 and Talan was 58,000 so it's a go! We are gonna have a baby!!!! I started freaking out a little at this point. I called Dh and told him to start making his way to the hospital. The doc said he would have plently of time because with me being on a fingertip dialated, he was really gonna have to do some work on my cervix in order for us to proceed vaginally. He said it would probably be sometime Wed morning at the earliest. I called my mom & told her to come on! She arrived around 6:30. BJ got there around 7 or so. Then my WHOLE FAMILY shortly followed even though we told him WED morning!!!

    I got my 1st pill (citadel or something like that) at 9pm. I got another pill every hour for a few hours...not sure how many I actually got. Shortly after I got the 1st pill, i got an enema. WOW! Good thing they kicked everyone out of room for this, lol. They got the IV hooked up some time around in here. The nurse wouldn't even attempt to stick me as i have NO VEINS! She called in the anaesthesiaologist to stick me. He tried my knuckle again, but it wasn't a big enough vein to hold. So as a last resort he put the IV in the bend of my elbow. So I had to keep my arm straight from then on out! What a pain! After that the nurse told me to try & get some rest...I had a long night ahead of me. Of course there was no way I was gonna be able to sleep, but i gave it shot. NO LUCK! They hooked up pitocin sometime and then around 3am my water broke. That was a weird feeling. I was just laying there and this huge gush came flying out. The nurse came in and checked me at this point. I was like still 1 cent. The rest of the details of the night are fuzzy. I never did get any sleep. I ended up going a total of like 48 hours w/out sleep so I forgot these details, lol. The next morning BJ & my dad went downstairs to get something to eat. I kept trying to get some sleep, but ended up watching tv. I started feeling small contractions around 9am I guess. They weren't bad at all though. I had dialated to a 2 at this point. The nurse said not to worry that in cases like mine where you are trying to force the cervix to dialate, you usually spend the 1st 13 hours just getting to 3 cent and then after that it usually goes by pretty fast. BJ came back in the room around 10am. Contractions were pretty strong at this point. I was having to breathe through them and concentrate so that I didn't freak out. I held out until 11am and then I wanted my epi!!!! I was between 2 & 3 cent at this point. I got my epi around 11:30. It didn't hurt me at all. It was slightly uncomfortable, but just for a split second. After it kicked it everything went REALLY FAST!!!! I went from like 3 cent to 5 cent in about 1 hour. Then the next time she checked me was like maybe an hour later and I was 9 CENT!!! I was 10 cent & ready to push at 2:30! I was feeling lots of pressure & quite a bit of pain now. We gave a few practice pushes to see how things would go and the nurse said I probably had about an hour of pushing. She said I could either start pushing or get another dose of the epi, relax and let the uterus just work him down further. I remembered good ole Nurse Becky said she always suggested they let the uterus do the work for you instead of wasting all that energy so that is what I did. They gave me another dose of the epi, but it didn't help much. I was still in lots of pain & feeling lots of pressure so she gave me another dose. It took the contraction pain away, but didn't really help the pressure much so I just delt with it. I started feeling contractions again around 3:45 and started pushing again. I didn't push very long until he started crowing and they started hunting down my doc...he had went to check on a patient or something, lol. He rolled in just time! The pushing part really didn't hurt that bad at all, but once he started crowing, I was in a lot of pain. I just wanted to push & get him out. I had said i DID NOT want an episitomy, but never expressed this to the doc cause I was early and hadn't done my birth plan yet. So when he said he needed to make a small cut as Talan was coming face up, I did not protest. At this point, i DID NOT care what he had to do as long as he got him OUT!!!!!! Shortly after that, Talan popped right out on Wed, July 12 @ 4:11pm (19 HOURS of labor). They laid him on my chest for a second and i started bawling. Then they took him away. He got a 9 on both apgars. He weighed 4lb1oz, 19-1/2" long. BJ went over and started taking pics & stuff while they fixed me up. They brought him back over and let me hold him for just a few seconds. BJ got all teary eyed and thanked me for little man and told me he was very proud of me that I did a great job! Then the two of them went off the nursery. I had a midline episiotomy and a tear inside as well. It took him like 30 minutes or more to get me all stitched up and to deliver the placenta.

    I hadn't eaten or drank anything since 8am Tuesday morning so the nurse was like "what do you want to drink??" I got a coke and it was the BOMB!!!! I had to stay in recovery for 1 hour and couldn't eat until i was out of there. I could have had guest, but i just wanted to relax so i told the nurse not to let anyone in. I just didn't feel up to company. Finally I got moved to my room and had the girls go get me a FISH PLATE!! YUM!!!! A nurse came in and went over lots of things w/ me about my care. I was bleeding LOTS and so they gave me a few pills to hopefully make the bleeding slow down a lot. It worked! He put me on procardia for my b/p for a few weeks. All i could think about was "When can I get my baby???" She said the peds come in from 6:30-7:30 and as soon as they get done I could get him. The doc said Talan looked great so I thought all was well. Shortly after being in my room the rest of that darn enema kicked in so I went off the bathroom. While I was "taking care of business" apparently nurses went flying by and freaked BJ out or something. When I came out my friend Amanda said he had followed the nurses to the nursery. So off I go. I get there to find them all around Talan. I got over there and they had the rubber band thing around his tiny arm and were fixing to get blood. THIS BROKE MY HEART! Me & BJ were just freaking out! Then they went to the other arm and strated an IV. I didn't know what was going on, but we thought it was bad. I was bawling my eyes out & BJ was freaking! After they got the IV started they explained that he had stopped breathing & turned blue and so they had to take some blood & start an IV w/ antiboitics just to be SAFE. They said he wasn't in any great danger or anything, they were just being cautious. So after that they put him on a little oxygen. We breathe like 21% and he was only getting 24% so he wasn't needing a lot of help. We couldn't hold him or anything. So the next morning (thurs 13th) the ped came in & said that for his size he was doing amazing and most babies his age would have to go to the big hospital an hour away, but that he was gonna be fine here. They tried to wean him off oxygen in the afternoon, but ended up having to put him right back on it and turned it up to like 45%. It looked awful. His chest would just like totally cave in then come back out. They said it looked worse than it really was caues he didn't have any fat there. They decided to let me try & hold him to see if that helped it any being upright instead of flat on his back. So i got to really hold him for the 1st time around 7pm thursday night. We just had to hold the oxygen right under his nose while we held him. Then I passed him on the daddy for the 1st time. We only got to hold him about an hour and then we had to put him back under the bubble. The next day Friday the 14th, they tried to wean him again and we had success!! He had only been getting IV fluids up to this point and finally we got to feed him his first bottle this night! He took right to it!! Bless his heart, he was hungry! Now they wanted to put him in the incubator to keep him warm. They said they didn't want him to have to work hard & burn calories to keep him temp up. So we only got to hold him every 3 hours when we fed him. No one had gotten to see our little man or anything. He stayed in the warmer over the weekend and they finally allowed the grandparents to come in the nursery and hold him for just a second since he had been in there for more than 48 hours and could not leave the nursery. He kept spitting up his formula so they changed it on Sunday morning. Then he got jaundice so under the blue lights he went Sunday. Monday, the ped came in and said he was doing fantastic...jaundice went back down and they were gonna try & wean him out of the incubator, watch him for 24 hours to make sure his temp stays up and it it did we would be ready to go home on Tuesday! So for the 1st time, they wheeled little man out of the nursery around 9am Monday morning! He stayed in my room w/ me until around 11am. The nurse came in & checked his temp and it was 97.6 so back to the nursery he went. They decided not to put him back under the warmer, but to just pile like 4 blankets on top of him and see if that helped. I went back in arund 12 to feed him and they checked his temp again and it was still down. So back to the warmer he went. They tried to wean him again at 4 and he has been out ever since! We just have to keep him wrapped in blankets like he is going to the north pole.

    Wow, that was LONG!!!! As for me, I feel great! I was in a little pain that night, but that was about it. I didn't even get my pain meds filled. I've had to take a tylenol a few times, but all in all I feel great. Almost completely back to normal. I gained a total of 30 lbs and had lost all but 10 by the time we came home Tuesday. I've lost 10 more since then I've lost 10 more. My goal is 20 more lbs though cause I had packed on a few right before pregnancy. So right now I am at 145 and my goal is 125! Guess I should change my ticker to the weight loss one, huh.

    If you made it this far, WOW!!!! And finally, here is a pic of my little man!

  7. #7
    Posting Addict Teredancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Southern Maryland



    Well! I went to the ob on Mon. for a cervix ck & doc said- get to the hospital. Do not go home- go now! Apparently- I was 5-6 cm dial & about 80-90% effaced! Since I needed to be on antibiotics for the strep b- off I went. Luckily my mom was watching DS.

    At 10am- Got hooked up to everything & was contracting (only felt every few). Started on pitocin. Wasn't dialating very quickly, doc decided to stop pit for awhile. Contrax still coming on their own now- finally requested epi after pit started again (she was headed down the birth canal we later find out) Dialation quicker now- doc comes in (thats another funny story)-

    I pushed THREE times and out she shot!! I was so expecting to be pushing for hours! I tore pretty badly- and am very sore! Can't sit for very long

    At 713pm- Kira Nicole was born, pink as could be, perfect little head, 6 lbs 15.6 oz and 19.5 in long.

    She latched on right away and my milk finally came in yesterday. She has her days & nights mixed up still, which DS doesnt understand.

    I'll post more as soon as we get our act together LOL ooh and I know- I need to change my siggy!
    BabySpace #48
    TERE40 DH 42 DS 8/29/03
    KIRA July 24, 2006
    Biker Girl


  8. #8


    Here is my birth story. On the morning of July 11 I was having contrax, but it was my last day on Procardia before going back on terb. I hadn't had a whole lot of success with Procardia keeping the contrax away, and had gotten terb shots before while on it. I didn't think too much about the contrax. I was monitored and the docs said not to worry that I had just gotten a dose of Procardia and to let them know if my contrax got any more intense.

    I had contrax on and off pretty much all day, but none seemed more intense than the ones I had in the morning. Around 1pm they started to get a little more frequent, and by 2:30 they were starting to get uncomfortable. The nurse put me back on the monitor and they were around 5 minutes apart. No big deal - I had had them 2 minutes apart before and always just gotten a terb shot.

    The nurse showed the resident my monitoring strip. The resident came in and said she would check with the Peri, but that she thought I would just get a terb shot.

    Then my Peri came in and decided to check my cervix. I was 3 inches dialated and 100% effaced. He said "Get her ready. We're having babies today!". Then I started bleeding and contracting like crazy. My Peri thinks that touching my cervix caused it to dialate even faster.

    I called DH, who was already on his way. I remember looking at my TV and Dr. Phil was on his second segment, so maybe it was around 3:45pm.

    I was wheeled down to the delivery prep area and hooked up to the HR monitors, and a toco, given an IV and had a consult with the anesthesiologist.

    DH showed up right before they wheeled me into the OR. I got a spinal block, and man did that work fast! I couldn't feel or move my lower body at all in a matter of seconds. Before I knew it DH was beside me and the doc was saying "We're doing the incision". I had some panic during the delivery because the spinal made me feel like I couldn't breathe, but DH, the anesthesiologist and nurses were so awesome at helping me feel calm.

    Then Ian was out at 4:43 PM and I could hear him crying. It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. He was taken to another OR because there weren't enough warmers in the room I was in. Madeline was born one minute later with a big cry. Emma was born one minute after her, crying also. I could see Madeline being born in the lights over the table. They bundled Emma up and brought her to me to see before everyone got moved to the NICU. Then DH went to the NICU with the babies, and I was stitched up and rolled off to recovery.

  9. #9


    I was still 13 days from my August 9th due date, but last Thursday night I started having steady contractions around 11pm, They started out only 7 minutes apart but gradually got closer together throughout the night. By 8 am were intense enough to go into the hospital. I was only 1-2 cm dilated when I got there and 50% effaced, which was unfortunately the same exact as I'd been at my dr appt the day before. But with some walking around everything started moving ahead and we labored steadily for the next several hours. I had been hoping for an intervention free birth and am happy to say we were successful with that by using multiple positions, the birthing ball, walking around, using the jacuzzi, shower, etc. Transition was definitely tough, but we made it through and were finally to the pushing stage just as a huge thunder and lightning storm rolled in outside our hospital room window. I'd just begun pushing when the power went out for a few seconds, with lightning flashing across the sky - it was surreal and incredible. Finally pushed him out completely at 6:20 pm, Friday, July 28th, and couldn't have been more relieved or happy to meet him at that point. Was just wonderful! He was 6 lbs 13 oz and 19 inches long. He's the sweetest little thing and we're working now on getting all settled in at home and steadily making progress on the breastfeeding. All in all going very well!

  10. #10


    I thought i would add my birth story here too..

    well did ya miss me? It was labor i was in on Tuesday..so for all that remembered my topic on tuesday about the mucus plug, feeling leaking... well at around 4 pm i was having contractions about 30 mins to and hour.. then around 8:30 they started to be just about 5 Mins apart. So I called the Dr and she told me just to go the hospital to get checked out. well when i got there, they told me i was already 5 1/2 Cm. so yep i was staying. The told me that i did most of the labor at home. I was shocked when they told me this.

    I was able to deal with the pain. to me it just felt like very big period cramps. I know everyone swears about the epidoral (sp) but i was scared to do it so i asked for other types and let me tell you i loved it. i got something i dont know if it was demerol (sp) or whatever but it worked. they around 7 am i told them i needed more. so my labor was 13 hours.
    my mom and hubby were in the room with me. i have to say if my mom wasnt there to calm me down when the feeling like i had to push pain made me think i couldnt breathe, i would never of made it. my DH gets scared and prob would of fainted. but then he was there for the pushing. he really did a great job. my mom stepped away so DH could enjoy every moment and he did.

    the Dr was just so amazed how fast i got him out. i was only pushing for 25 mins. He came out crying. oh and i forgot to mention that even though i was dialated to 5 when i got there at 10:30 by 6 am they were giving me something to help me dialate more becuase i seemed to stop at 8 which already took a long time to get to..

    So Matthew Dominick was born On July 19th at 9:24 am. He was 8 lbs
    20 1/2 inches.

    so i didnt make it to August but im really glad its over.

    now is the time to not sleep but the best is to come for us to enjoy every moment with him

    here are some pics more will come.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions