~Taryl's (SaucyVidel) Birth Lodge !! ~ - Page 50
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 635

Thread: ~Taryl's (SaucyVidel) Birth Lodge !! ~

  1. #491
    selkiemom
    Guest

    Default

    Good luck, Taryl!

    Shivering sounds like the real deal to me.

  2. #492
    mom2amylia
    Guest

    Default

    Thinking of you Taryl! Sending lots of ELVs and VBAC vibes!!

  3. #493
    Posting Addict mrskris10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    7,812

    Default

    I hope Taryl doesnt mind me updating for her, but I know we are all on pins and needles waiting for updates!

    I got an update from my google reader from her Blog...and thought I would update here? If you think she wouldnt like this...PM me and I will remove this.

    She is 5.5 cm 100% effaced and the hospital is considering her in active labor!!!!



    GO TARYL GO!!!!
    Kristin
    Please excuse typos...



  4. #494
    alyny
    Guest

    Default

    (((VBAC))) (((ELV))) Can't wait to hear the news Taryl!!

  5. #495
    KapDel
    Guest

    Default

    yay!!!!!!!!

  6. #496
    Posting Addict Spacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My avatar is the tai chi -- a symbol of the eternal cycle of life
    Posts
    16,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrskris10 View Post
    I hope Taryl doesnt mind me updating for her, but I know we are all on pins and needles waiting for updates!

    I got an update from my google reader from her Blog...and thought I would update here? If you think she wouldnt like this...PM me and I will remove this.
    I say if she posted it on her blog, then it's out there in the world for anyone to see how could she complain about it being here? Thanks for the update.

  7. #497
    Posting Addict mrskris10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    7,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spacers View Post
    I say if she posted it on her blog, then it's out there in the world for anyone to see how could she complain about it being here? Thanks for the update.

    That was my thought too! I just dont want to steal her thunder...but ummm, I am sure she has more important things to worry about right now!


    (((((ELV))))))
    Kristin
    Please excuse typos...



  8. #498
    Mega Poster Singfourever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    small town, ID
    Posts
    3,585

    Default

    The views on this thread are going to go through the roof Taryl. I'm rooting for you, can't wait to hear how it all turns out.
    Sarah
    Owen Michael 4/05 Grey Neil 5/07 Alice Katherine 4/6/11

  9. #499
    Posting Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    14,461

    Default

    Whoo hoo Taryl! Go get your VBAC hun. AHhhhh I am so excited for you!

  10. #500
    Posting Addict SaucyVidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    11,284

    Default Update from the hospital

    Of course, they admitted me. In triage I was 5.5 centimeters and 100% effaced, but once the monitors were on, the contractions petered out to more like 7-10 minutes apart with a few small ones here and there. Unfortunately, even though they are sparse, the contractions are quite strong so that I can not rest through them.

    Baby looks great and fortunately they are picking up the strength of the contractions on the monitors (for once). We've been here since 11 and saw the doctor around noon. It's now 1515 local time. So far things have stayed pretty much the same. I would be fairly surprised if these contractions were dilating me much more, but the doctor will be back in a few hours to reassess.

    We're faced with two routes we could go... One, send me home and let me continue to labor at home and risk more exhaustion and not being able to sleep. Or two, if the contractions haven't stopped all the way, then regulating them with a high dose of pitocin, and epidural, and continuous monitoring. I'll get the doctor's opinion on that, but in the absence of a significant change in status, I'm leaning more toward option two than option one. The prodromal labor has been demoralizing and exhausting, and there are risks for both me and the baby with going too long with a bad labor pattern. The most obvious risk is exhaustion which led to my c-section last time, and I'm not sure how many more days I could go in a bad labor pattern without feeling like giving up (more). It's a lot safer to wait at home in terms of ending up with a vaginal birth, but every additional day does up my risk for a c-section (for ftp). Short of a medical miracle, I don't see a way for me to get rest with contractions in my back like this.

    The second option is attractive for a couple of reasons. First, if I wait at home, I risk doing the same thing a few days from now, but with less likelihood for success (because of exhaustion). Second, if I get it today, there is the obvious potential outcome of a baby sooner, and to get back to my normal life. A large part of me feels like its already been going for several days and I've given it a shot, and that it would be nice to see it conclude soon, and the though of progress and rest is extremely alluring, given how completely wiped out I am.

    But, there are obvious risks to this course of action that give me pause even in exhaustion. I've had mostly back labor and the triage nurse seemed fairly convinced that this baby had his/her head cocked just like Callie did, which would impede decent even under the highest doses of pitocin, if I do the pit I would rather have it on a high setting and go at it aggressively to get me dilated than nudge it along in incremental doses that prolong the exhaustion more. With a baby that is not positioned right, I fear that my likelihood for a c-section goes up astronomically, and that having an epidural would greatly impede my ability to correct it if I am able to correct it at all, and as it was just expressed to me by a nurse, they would very likely break my water for internal monitoring as my babies do not like to stay on the external monitors. And all of these factors together could really work against me given the positioning issues.

    And what I have in my favor is that I have at most 4.5 centimeters to go and no lip on my cervix to push against, that I am favorable to augmentation in that sense in to my benefit. And I run the risk of doing all those things, and having a baby who is just poorly positioned and not wanting to come out. And if I did the pitocin and the epidural and got to the pushing stage, and the baby still wouldn't descend, I would accept a c-section. My main goal is to know that I tried everything possible first. I do worry that I would always second guess myself if I did the medical works and the baby was badly positioned because I would wonder if waiting longer to go naturally would have given me greater ability to rectify that problem.

    So as you can see, I have a lot to think about. In researching and aiming for natural childbirth I know all the options that are available to me and the risks and benefits associated with each in a given situation. In that, I think I have already come quite far to doing my very best in having in be enough. I have a lot to discuss with the doctor in a few hours, but right now even with the positioning problems I still think my chances for a vaginal birth are very good. I will be praying that God leads us to the best possible decision in this situation and really trying to give it up to him.

    Thank you for your love and support, and do to crappy IV placement, I couldn't type this myself. And I hope to check in with you guys soon with good news.

    (post dictated by SaucyVidel, typed by husband, so any misspellings are mine not hers. P.S. Is she usually this verbose?)
    Taryl

    DD1: 4/07
    DD2: 7/08
    DS1: 10/10/10

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
v -->

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions