Oh Taryl! I will be thinking about you all night!
I will be praying for you and the little one! I hope you find your answer soon!
PS: Good typing papa!
Yes, Peter, she ALWAYS is, ROFLMAO!!!!
I say above all else DO NOT allow an AROM. That way baby still has a chance to move. Without that cushion, he'll just stay in whatever unfavorable position he's already in, KWIM? Or at least hold out for AROM until ten centimeters if it hasn't spontaneously ruptured by that point.
Hang in there. Ultimately you know the risks and benefits, and, whatever you decide, you are doing it knowledgeably rather than ignorantly.
I had back labor of the true kind, and I can tell you it does only get worse at the baby descends. My contractions hurt like a ($*&*&^ and NEVER in my abdomen area, but my back and the sides of my legs. I really don't know that any coping mechanism of any kind could have helped me avoid an epi. I couldn't dilate because I couldn't relax because the pain was excruciating. After the epi, I went from ,<1cm to 10 in about 4 hours. And having had a somewhat normal labor after that, I know that back labor is VERY different and much more painful. So, knowing what I know, I 1) advise against the AROM at any time for reasons stated above and 2) think you should allow the induction (but what about pit and risk of uterine rupture in your case, I don't know about that, but I am certain you do.) and get an epidural if it comes to that. I really think if you can do things to encourage baby to move, perhaps it will change your pains, and you'll have the strength to finish your labor without an epi if that is what you want. But only as long as your bag of water is intact.
Anyway, that's my spill. Hang in there woman. I am rooting for you, and praying, of course.
I hope you are able to get some rest Taryl and come to a decision you are at peace with. I remember the exhaustion and despair of your extremely long labor with Callie and hope you can come up with a game plan that brings you comfort this time.
I will be thinking of you and sending you positive VBAC vibes.
Here's what I would do. Stay in the hospital and get an Ambien and take a nice long nap. Meanwhile have DH talk with your midwives or do a Google search about using a sling to help reposition baby. The basic technique is that he puts a sling around the bottom of your belly and stands behind you and pulls up, which lifts baby out of the poor position and gives him/her a chance to settle into a better position. You can also do it with you on hands & knees and DH standing over you. There are pros & cons to this, obviously, but if baby is indeed cocked like Callie was, there's no way that Pitocin is going to help, the only way out is surgically. You have to manually move that baby up to help get into a better position. After you've had your nap, do the belly slinging and see what happens. Good luck to you!!! You're in the final stretch!!!
Join the revolution & take back our holidays!
Change Black Friday into Buy Nothing Day, and don't take your credit cards to work on Cyber Monday.
Shift Your Shopping from mass marketers & big box stores to your local independent retailers & small artisans.
Practice a Buy Nothing Christmas. Instead of buying more things, give gifts of your time, your energy, and maybe even some unwanted things around your home; organize a used items gift swap among your family and/or friends.
Good luck Taryl.
I hope that whatever way this birth turns out that you can be at peace with it and proud of all the work you have done thus far. You are amazing!
Mommy to three gorgeous girls
at 6 weeks 22/10/09
Hugs!! What decisions to make! I know you will make the right decision for you and your baby, I'm rooting for ya!
Ha! Your DH is funny!
I will be praying for your VBAC Taryl and that this little gift is born into the world smoothly and safely!
Taryl, just catching up. Still praying. Is it too early to say "I told you so."
Hope my next check has news of a baby. You go, girl.