I see you, Jenn!!!
70% of the U.S. population now lives in a state where same-sex marriage is legal. At 36 and counting!
I'm so happy you're back!
LOL. Guess this saves me the debate of whether or not to dig up my own lodge and resurrect it.
Quick update for those who haven't followed the blog: nothing's happening. At least not that I know. I've declined cervical checks and any contractions are random, infrequent, and not painful.
I've now been pregnant 2 wks longer than with DS and I don't like it.
Welcome back Jenn!!
Molly & Elton 10/2/04
Mary 5/24/06, Celia 6/9/09
Baby #3 due 6/21/13
I'm in a pickle.
I have my 39wk appointment tomorrow afternoon. To date, aside from the time I was already "indisposed" for the GBS swab, I've declined cervical checks. For a variety of reasons, but mostly because none of the arguments "for" them outweighed any of the arguments "against" them. You all know what I mean.
However, I'm insanely curious to see if anything is happening at all. Aside from one 24-hour period last weekend with some infrequent and random contractions, I've not had one sign that labor is coming any time soon. Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with that. I just wonder if my body is doing anything at all or if I'm going to have to bear it all in one massive effort. Or heaven forbid, it does nothing.
At some point prior to the RCS, I will have one done to help figure out my Bishop score and get an idea of how successful a low-dose Pitocin induction/augmentation might be. But do I wait until the last possible minute/day, and avoid any unnecessary consequences of having them potentially too soon? Particularly since the results of a check tomorrow have little bearing on the results of a check at the 40wk appt. Or do I get one tomorrow and at the 40wk to help give me an idea on the actual changes that are taking place as well?
I don't know.
Humm, I don't know. I have not had any checks, I learned my lesson fromt he previous 2 pregnancies and being dilated to 3 for weeks on end. Were you dilated or effaced last time? I can't remember. You could consider EPO if you think that you might be needing a boost.
Ericka~Mommy to David, Paul and Adam
Locked up tighter than Ft. Knox at the 36wk check.
The thing is I know better than to place too much emphasis on it. But I feel like knowing the status, whatever it is, helps me make a better decision later on. I just don't know if it's worth finding out this appt and using it for comparison later or just waiting since the only one that really matters is the final one before I have to make a decision.